starting bulk tomorrow

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Answers

Hey guys i gave been out of the game for a while been working on some posture strengthing n now that my physic has gone to crap I'm ready to bulk up again. Last time I bulked up I got a gut n I didn't really mind it Cuz I was so happy to just be gaining . But this time a wanna try to keep much fat off as I can.. will my gains be a lot slower?

At the moment I don't have abs but u can see my hip bones at least. Im trying to keep that. Im just seeing how u guys feel about lean bulking vs bulking ect. I have actually never done a cut diet in my life as I use to be super small. But now that I'm getting older by body does hold fat round my gut so I'm just a little affriad that if I do gain some fat I'm not sure how hard it will be to burn it off..? And I def don't wanna do anything counter productive. Thoughts??

2. Registered User
    Answers

Ill copy and paste a post i made to another guy recently which may help you:

Im not a fan of the whole clean vs dirty bulk diet thing, what works for one may not work for the other. Meaning that if im eating maccas all day and your eating chicken breast, at the end of the week we both only made 100gram LBM gain. So we both gained pretty lean, just so happened to be that maccas gave me a lean bulk (and god willing some day it will lmao) and chicken breast worked for you. Hope that kinda makes sense because i just read it and confused myself hahaha.

To me a clean bulk is not necessarily what you eat but how your gains are. So a clean bulk for me is around 15% i think thats a good starting point, maybe less maybe a little more. basically once you work out your calorie intake increase it by 10-15% monitor your progress for a few weeks, then check, If weight has maintained the same, then increase the calories by 5-10%, If weight has increased maintain calories as they are.

A beginners true LBM gains are around the 200-300grams a week mark, less for experienced trainers.

Basically if your gaining more weight then 500grams a month there's a better chance that it is related to fat gains, but not always true! Dont confuse water weight with LBM, Training is another good indicator if your weights on lifts are going up chances are so are your lean gains..
    "Dont worry about the burn man! You can do Jane Fonda classes if you want the burn"
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Answers

Yea I'm not sure about that I mean really .6 pounds a month. That's not going to cut it at all for me. I usually lookimg for 1-2 pound a week! But that was when i gained fat also. But I got big n strong fast. I think I'm going to go for .5 - 1 pound a week goal n just use the mirror to monitor fat.

What do u guys think is the best Carb protein fat ratio. Ill prob start round 3200 n take that as far as I can.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    Yea I'm not sure about that I mean really .6 pounds a month. That's not going to cut it at all for me. I usually lookimg for 1-2 pound a week! But that was when i gained fat also. But I got big n strong fast. I think I'm going to go for .5 - 1 pound a week goal n just use the mirror to monitor fat.

What do u guys think is the best Carb protein fat ratio. Ill prob start round 3200 n take that as far as I can.
    At 1-2pounds a week start loving your gut fat then! , unless your juicing!
    "Dont worry about the burn man! You can do Jane Fonda classes if you want the burn"
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  164 lbs.
    Answers

It is possible to stay lean and and get great muscle gains. It's all about the proper nutrition. Sodas, fries ect. are not an option if you're gonna go for the natural bodybuilder look. Proper proteins and carbs and I know while bulking up you need a cal intake which sometimes exceeds 4000 but don't go for the nastier food just because the higher cals. Eat lean, eat right and the results pack on fast. It's all about consistency
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Starting PCT tomorrow..
    By Fatal Wisdom in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 04:52 AM
  2. Starting Tomorrow
    By EEmain in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 04:16 PM
  3. Starting First Cycle Tomorrow
    By BBC in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-09-2003, 08:46 PM
  4. Starting This Tomorrow, what do you guys think?
    By babygetoboy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-23-2003, 03:36 PM
  5. Starting HRT tomorrow.
    By Matthew D in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-12-2003, 07:32 PM