Hahahahaha

manley125

Awards
So I'm at work and I told my buddy I'm going to switch my work out to power lifting and do the 5x5 program. He tells me and I quote " you'll get stronger but you won't get any bigger. You need more reps that's how all body builders get bigger" I just laughed and told him you don't know what your talking about you need recovery and not to over train. He says yeah but the more reps the better. Keep in mind he's 5' 7" and weighs 140. I had to share this it made me laugh.

Has any one done this 5x5 program and if so did you gain any mass?

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
LMFAO (SRS) You need a new mate :D Im a pretty big advocate of PLing for BBing, stuff like 5/3/1. And to answer your question yes 5x5 does put on size, "Especially" If your current strength is craptacular, (Get them lifts on bench/dead/squats up into the hundreds) stick with it, until you stall and make sure your smashing your macros!!

Turnitup122

Awards
I know for my body bbing routines work ALOT better for mass gains, I actually get smaller (but alot harder) on pling routines. I love pling but I love getting bigger alot more, I feel like mixing the two styles works great

Mafesto31

Awards
Yeah I like doing a combo of 5x5 and volume hitting muscle groups twice a week. Do madcow 5x5 drop squat and bench on Wednesday and add in a few accessories - awesome. I've tried just floor presses for Wednesday bench and actually put mass on upper chest.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Everything works! 5x5, pure strength, higher reps use it all they all work to some extent people who are extreme to only one way of thinking really miss out on what every program has to offer..plus in the case of your friend he obv has no real experience he is just telling you what he read in a magazine lol

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
I like doing 5/5 for two months then going back to a bodybuilding routine 3-4 sets 6-12 reps n put that strength to work n blow threw prs

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Its is more of a focus on strength vs size though. In other words the priority is strength but when u get stronger u get bigger duh haha

manley125

Awards
Usually I'm on some kind of a split but I've always wanted to do a power lifting program. Now that I'm on 5x5 I'm curious about 1 thing. I have a cycle of epi 2a3a and trenazone that I've been wanting to take. Would it be best to do the cycle with 5x5 or when I go back to a split

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
The same would apply u want to boost strength take it with 5/5 if ur focused on size save it.

draft91

Awards
simplyshredded.com/rising-star-natural-bodybuilder-matthew-ogus-talks-with-simplyshredded-com.html

so good example this king of workout programs.

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
simplyshredded.com/rising-star-natural-bodybuilder-matthew-ogus-talks-with-simplyshredded-com.html

so good example this king of workout programs.
Ive already posted it here (Lots of programs) post 24.