Two-a-days

Big Suggs

Awards
I was wondering if it would help me at all to gain the mass that I would like to start going to the gym twice day. What's yalls advice?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Probably not, the only reasons someone would do two-a-days are:
Pro/Am BBer on lots of juice
Powerlifter training westside where getting into gear and completing ME work take 1.5-2 hrs so assistence must be done at a later time
Cardio+Lifting
MMA, Football, or other sport

If you want to just gain muscle just look into a solid routine...

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
Depends, what would your split be like

Big Suggs

Awards
Well if you could give me a good split to get the best results I'll try going with that. I'm new to lifting so I still have a lot to learn

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
If you're new to lifting you don't need to be doing 2 a days, just stay consistent, diet and sleep also play a huge roll in your gains. Just lift hard, eat big, and get a good 8 hours of sleep a night, you'll be growing in no time.

Big Suggs

Awards
Well it's not that I'm new to lifting, what I should have said is that I'm new to body building. I have always lifted, it's just now I want to get bigger

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
If you're new to lifting you don't need to be doing 2 a days, just stay consistent, diet and sleep also play a huge roll in your gains. Just lift hard, eat big, and get a good 8 hours of sleep a night, you'll be growing in no time.
That about wraps it up. That's the foundation of it all.

HodgeFitness

Awards
More lifting doesnt always mean youll get bigger. Some BBers will do it to burn more calories during a dieting phase. Remember the gym sends the signal of what you want your body to do. Outside the gym is where you make gains. If your stuck in a rut you should maybe change rep scheme or routine, but most importantly look at your nutrition and rest. Those last two are huge factors when trying to gain mass. What are your outside habits as far as those are concerned?

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
Remember, you get bigger during recovery, which means rest. Working out stresses the muscles, and builds neural efficiency to some extent. repairing the muscles is what packs on the size, and you need to rest to do that.

to pack on muscle, focus on a good routine, good rest, and eating enough. 3x/wk is plenty if you got your routine down.

What are your stats? age/height/weight/bf
What are your current lifts? bench/squat to parallel or lower, DL, OHP