Not getting DOMS? Concern?

SHARRAP

Awards
Hey guys,

I've been working out for around for around a year (Been on the same program since).

I do: -

Back/Bis: -

Lat Pulldowns 3 x 10
Seated Row 3 x 10
Hammer Curls 3 x 10
Bicep Curls 3 x 10
Barbell 3 x 10

Chest/Tris: -

Bench Press 3 x 10
Incline D/B Press 3 x 10
Flys 3 x 10
Tricep Extensions 3 x 10
Pulldowns 3 x 10

Legs/Core

Leg Press 3 x 10
Squats 3 x 10
Situps (to failure)

I've moved my weights up to a point where I can only just get through the sets, with the last few reps in the last set almost impossible. I'm following a bulk/cut diet by Jim Stoppani. 3070 Calories, 308g protein, 237g carbs, 103g fat.

My issue is, is that after workouts I don't seem to be getting DOMS and I'm not entirely sure why. Is anyone able to suggest why this may be. Also, does a beneficial workout always have to end up with muscle soreness? Or can muscles be broken and repaired without DOMS occuring?

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers.

sleeperjd317

sleeperjd317

Awards
sounds like you may need to change up your workouts. your body has adapted to the current one.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I wish I didn't get DOMS consider yourself lucky lol. Soreness has no say in being the deciding factor of a workout program. Many people have reported no soreness on strength training protocols due to the low rep schemes yet they grow...and you could curl a can of soup for a few hours and be sore as hell the next day and not grow at all. Best way to see if you need to change a program is by looking in the mirror, the scale, body comp tests, and your progression in the gym.