Why do so many roid boys do natural shows?

bmanmonkey

bmanmonkey

Awards
Why do so many roid boys do natural shows? Even if you don't get caught isn't it an empty victory?
By beating guys who don't use it's not even a competition

What are your thought
Example the natural universe and Olympia pro shows how big are these guys who are "natural" it is very disheartening when you train hard , eat right, rest and been training longer then some of these guys!

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
I dunno, I guess they just don't think they can hack it in untested shows. Some also did stuff years back and are now "natural". However, Ive found people are far to eager to just discount someones years of hard work and just refuse to believe theyve achieved it naturally. If you deem things to be impossible, just because it's so impressive, might as well not bodybuild anymore. I look at the top natural competitors in awe and say, that will be me someday. If im going against aomeone whos "cheating" oh well....especially since some of my natural pro friends (who are actually lifetime naturals) have done very well in npc shows.
P.s. I'm actually judging the INBA natural Olympia, stoked!

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
Come on man! Most of the all natural(little guys) are all looking for some damn LEGAL way to get bigger, all just to say there all natural. If you take a bunch of crap to get results it's just as good as roids. Plus the sups can hurt you more then roids! Suck it up and give it a shot. Hey god or who ever put it here for us to use.... Use it !

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
Has nothing to do with legality. It has to do with whats banned by the organization and being honorable by not taking that stuff.
Take whatever you want, but my friends and I will stay 100% natural :)

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Bleh.... Natural has to many grey areas.... Its your def....

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
Not really in my eyes....my def is taking only natural occurring substances from food, vitamins and minerals. Also, not taking anything that's banned by an org. Pretty simple..

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
So you eat organic? Cause theres hormones in meat....

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
I am a 68 years-old natural bodybuilder. I have competed "natural" my entire bodybuilding career. I have done more than 40 shows, won more than 60 trophies, four pro cards in four different natural federations (NGA, WNSO, IDFA (Canada) and NPA) and have competed as a pro six times. I passed a drug test prior to each show. I have also competed in six NPC shows where I won an open lightweight class in an NPC National Qualifier, several masters classes and I am the 2007 NPC Mr. Alabama Masters Champion. I promote shows (NGA Alabama Natural Open), judge shows and MC shows.

I tell you all of this so I can give you a responsible answer to your question.

Yes, if you take creatine, herbal fat reducers, fish oil, and many of the natural supplements on the market, you are not technically natural because you are using a supplement. What the natural federations are trying to provide is a level playing field for those athletes who chose not to use steroids, growth hormones, testosterone boost and prescription diuretics to "enhance" their muscle growth and contest prep. It's a matter of choice. That's why there is an NPC and that's why there are several federations that test their athletes to "catch" abusers. You can choose to go natural or go enhanced. Now, here's the rub. You can beat the drug test. It's a pretty simple test, designed to be a deterrent, to dissuade non-natural athletes from competing. The question is, why would you want to enter a natural show if you weren't natural? Is it a true victory to use a banned supplement, beat the drug test and then win a $25 trophy by besting a group of athletes who did not use banned supplements? It's a matter of Character. If you can't compete in the NPC, with your supplements, maybe you should try another sport. I know that I wouldn't want to have a trophy in my case that I didn't deserve or earn legitimately.

I do not condone nor do I condemn steroid use. I made the choice to take the natural road. Others have made the choice to take the enhanced road. But, where to choose to take your natural or enhanced physique is a matter of Character, isn't it? Remember, we are taking about competing for a $25.00 trophy.

Old Navy

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
So you eat organic? Cause theres hormones in meat....
Are hormones in meat goin to significantly change your body? Not in the slightest...also it's not on the banned list for any org. They don't require eating organic food :p

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Are hormones in meat goin to significantly change your body? Not in the slightest...also it's not on the banned list for any org. They don't require eating organic food :p
Exactly. Ive never heard anyone be like "Dude, if you wanna bulk up, stop eating that hormone free meat!"

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I know I was just curious about how you would answer. But you cant say that it doesnt affect us somehow. Through history average weight for human has increased. Why is that? Evolution or more "product" added to our food. But the best answer was having a strict ruling for "natural" competition. I guess they would have the ultimate rule over what would be "natural". But my deffinition of going natural would be all organic, no supplements.
Side note: the reason I think about why going organic would be a def of natural, is because of the hormone pellets that are used on cattle for example are test prop and tren..... I understand your not getting a cycle, but I wouldnt doubt theres a certain precentage still in the meat\organs.
Im not arguing just debating. :)

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
From pesticides to preservatives, they are still in our food. Cancer is growing, and ecoli is showing up in odd places.... Mainly because its still in our food. With that in thought, why wouldnt hormones be in our meat?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Not arguing, but Id be wiling to bet the average weight is going up because of Playstation and Pizza Hut.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I thought about that too sir. But I cant quote whether that weight was bmi or just weight in itsself. I would like to say bmi. It would support then lol.

But other than that obesity is just a whole nother can of worms.

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
You beat me to it kingdong. People are more lazy and just more fat due to eatin and low activity. Isn't that obvious lol . I know what you're saying but I really couldn't care less about the minuscule amount of hormones in meat (natural or added) since that's far from doing a cycle or prohormones or whatever. And as I said, its not prohibited by any org

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
You beat me to it kingdong. People are more lazy and just more fat due to eatin and low activity. Isn't that obvious lol . I know what you're saying but I really couldn't care less about the minuscule amount of hormones in meat (natural or added) since that's far from doing a cycle or prohormones or whatever. And as I said, its not prohibited by any org
Ok I hear yah. In my thought process going natural encourages being healthy. Being healthy in my def would be to go organic. But there again yours is different. Gotcha and roger. In my head I just think extreme. But guess theres a grey area also.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
But back to the subject I do think its immoraly wrong to do roids in natural shows.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
I'll start off by saying I don't compete nor is it a goal, but I respect those that do... and all the dieting and effort that goes into contest prep etc...

That being said, natural bodybuilding is about 80% genetics if you plan on being successful. Now before everyone throws a hissy fit, I'm not saying that it still doesn't take an immense amount of discipline, effort, time whatever. But whether or not you have the physiological capabilities to compete at a reasonable level naturally is completely based on genetics.

So then you have the 6' 5'' dude with 80% Slow twitch muscle fibers, who loves bodybuilding... but no matter what he does, how much he eats, how hard he trains... the bro is just not going to reach a level of musculature that is comparable with more genetically gifted mesomorph phenotypes. Yet on the flip side, the 5' 10'' genetic freak with 90% fast twitch muscle fibers, who eats whatever and still grows.... Who remains lean year around, and has to diet for like 6 weeks before a show, and comes in and just rapes the 6' 5'' dude who has busted his ass for 2 years.

Well that guy wants to compete, so he uses drugs, and maybe if he is lucky, reaches a level higher than the genetic freak

The same goes for elite Non-tested bodybuilding... It's not like anybody can be a Jay Cutler or Ronnie Coleman. You either have it genetically or you don't. No unlimited amount of steroids and other drugs will get you to that level if you do not have the genetic capabilities to respond to those drugs

Now I am not saying that drugged bodybuilders should compete in natural shows under any means, and in many cases it's just kids who are impatient and looking for the fast road to victory.

But I do have a soft spot for the guys that work the hardest, and just don't understand why they can't achieve a decent physique even though they are doing everything right... and then the ****y genetically gifted guy has some simple remark like "eat more".

Everyone is limited by their genetics, and once you've reached that point... the only way to go beyond that is the dark side

Again I respect natural bodybuilding, and have several guys i train with who have their pro cards. I just wanted to give another perspective from someone educated in biological and physiological sciences

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
I agree genetics play a big role in ones physique, but everyone has weak/strong points...gotta work with what you have physically. I also don't believe in genetic ceilings, your progress just exponentially slows down. If there was a point that your body said nope I'm not growing anymore, you might as well not bother in the first place. That's just me tho

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
I agree genetics play a big role in ones physique, but everyone has weak/strong points...gotta work with what you have physically. I also don't believe in genetic ceilings, your progress just exponentially slows down. If there was a point that your body said nope I'm not growing anymore, you might as well not bother in the first place. That's just me tho

Sure I would agree that it exponentially slows down, at least until you reach that age where it starts to go the other way. Either way, luckily for the ego you wouldn't be able to ever really know where your genetic ceiling was.... that is unless you resort to drugs.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am a 68 years-old natural bodybuilder. I have competed "natural" my entire bodybuilding career. I have done more than 40 shows, won more than 60 trophies, four pro cards in four different natural federations (NGA, WNSO, IDFA (Canada) and NPA) and have competed as a pro six times. I passed a drug test prior to each show. I have also competed in six NPC shows where I won an open lightweight class in an NPC National Qualifier, several masters classes and I am the 2007 NPC Mr. Alabama Masters Champion. I promote shows (NGA Alabama Natural Open), judge shows and MC shows.

I tell you all of this so I can give you a responsible answer to your question.

Yes, if you take creatine, herbal fat reducers, fish oil, and many of the natural supplements on the market, you are not technically natural because you are using a supplement. What the natural federations are trying to provide is a level playing field for those athletes who chose not to use steroids, growth hormones, testosterone boost and prescription diuretics to "enhance" their muscle growth and contest prep. It's a matter of choice. That's why there is an NPC and that's why there are several federations that test their athletes to "catch" abusers. You can choose to go natural or go enhanced. Now, here's the rub. You can beat the drug test. It's a pretty simple test, designed to be a deterrent, to dissuade non-natural athletes from competing. The question is, why would you want to enter a natural show if you weren't natural? Is it a true victory to use a banned supplement, beat the drug test and then win a $25 trophy by besting a group of athletes who did not use banned supplements? It's a matter of Character. If you can't compete in the NPC, with your supplements, maybe you should try another sport. I know that I wouldn't want to have a trophy in my case that I didn't deserve or earn legitimately.

I do not condone nor do I condemn steroid use. I made the choice to take the natural road. Others have made the choice to take the enhanced road. But, where to choose to take your natural or enhanced physique is a matter of Character, isn't it? Remember, we are taking about competing for a $25.00 trophy.

Old Navy

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Old Navy again.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If steroids teach anything it is that their is a "genetic ceiling" Even true freaks like Ronnie Coleman cannot maintain that size without gear. I was 262lbs at 24 years old on tren/test/anadrol. Lol Now that I don't use anything illegal do you think I will ever be that size. Ha Now at 33 and still training. Never close to 260's. I can maitain between 220-240 and I'm not complaining. I use legal stuff(still steroids) here and their for a boost. If not I would probablly stay at 220lbs.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also wanted to say I started at 150lbs so 220lbs is still great.

mike hancho

mike hancho

Awards
If you touch roids then you are no longer on a natural level. Everyone at my gym believes in one thing, consistent hard work. Natural bodybuilding is not a cycle on or off. There is no starting or stopping, there is only doing. It's a level of respect for the game no roid user can understand. Fitness is not a fad

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
If you touch roids then you are no longer on a natural level. Everyone at my gym believes in one thing, consistent hard work. Natural bodybuilding is not a cycle on or off. There is no starting or stopping, there is only doing. It's a level of respect for the game no roid user can understand. Fitness is not a fad
Hmmmm

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Are you that much better than evryon

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
If people decide to juice its up to them. I just think its stupid to juice if you don't compete, jmo.
For me, natural is the only way to go :)

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
And that does not really prove anything in regards to genetic ceiling...not sure what you mean?
Two of my 40 yr old lifetime natural friends made noticeable improvements from one season to the next. And of course if you're off gear you're not gonna hold that weight. If you aren't improving then adjust your nutrition, rest, training, or attitude! Don't just give up and think you can't grow :)

mike hancho

mike hancho

Awards
Are you that much better than evryon
No I don't think I'm better than roid users. I'm not against them. Just saying if you have used them to gain the edge don't say you're natural and for god sakes don't compete natural. Many people put in more hours of hard work than someone who takes anabolic steroids yet is not near the size. Before you comment about the last statement I'm also not saying people on steroids don't work hard, they do, but so do we.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
No I don't think I'm better than roid users. I'm not against them. Just saying if you have used them to gain the edge don't say you're natural and for god sakes don't compete natural. Many people put in more hours of hard work than someone who takes anabolic steroids yet is not near the size. Before you comment about the last statement I'm also not saying people on steroids don't work hard, they do, but so do we.
Agreed. :)