ZMA

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.73%

ZMA

Does anyone believe in this product at all?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.15%

The best ZMA out there is ZMA 5 by SNAC because it has some extra goodies to enhance it. The other base ZMA's are ok, but they lose their effectiveness soon (at least that's what I experienced), SNAC makes the best ZMA formula out there imo. You may experience more vivid dreams every now and then if you take the one by SNAC
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.6%

I love MST's ZMK.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.45%

You will get a net increase in testosterone if you are lacking any of the main ingredients. Otherwise, if you already have normal levels of them getting extra won't change anything.

On a side-note it gave me funky dreams
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Yeah as the above post said I believe the product is based on the premise that many individuals do not have enough zinc or magnesium in their diet...b vit is just there to help absorption I think. I just take some zinc and magnesium before I sleep and I notice the same sleep help I get when I buy zma. The magnesium relaxes a lot of people so it will probably help your sleep quality worth a try if you havent yet
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.8%

Yea, I would check the content of zinc in your multi vitamin and if you are drinking any protein shakes check that too. Many people take it and are already getting enough of it. I think after a few weeks of taking it every night it becomes a placebo type thing for people.

I like to drop a Gaba pill before I goto bed sometimes. It calms me down especially if I had a stressfull day. Similar to Valerian root, but I think its better.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.45%

Quote Originally Posted by VitaminJB View Post
    Yea, I would check the content of zinc in your multi vitamin and if you are drinking any protein shakes check that too. Many people take it and are already getting enough of it. I think after a few weeks of taking it every night it becomes a placebo type thing for people.

I like to drop a Gaba pill before I goto bed sometimes. It calms me down especially if I had a stressfull day. Similar to Valerian root, but I think its better.
    Too bad unadulterated GABA doesn't pass through the blood brain barrier. That IS a placebo.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.09%

I was gonna say what has already been said. Its for people with dificiencies. If you have one it should work. If not, useless.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.8%

Quote Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
    Too bad unadulterated GABA doesn't pass through the blood brain barrier. That IS a placebo.
    Good info. The stuff I got from nutraplanet (NOW product) seems to work pretty well for me.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.45%

if it 'works' that's fine. Personally, I'd RATHER pay for a placebo effect. No negative feedback loops associated with placebo :-p
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.48%

if it 'works' that's fine. Personally, I'd RATHER pay for a placebo effect. No negative feedback loops associated with placebo :-p
    Whenever I buy something new I know the next few workouts are going to be fantastic
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.92%

I thought GABA still exerted other effects in the body besides those on the brain?
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.45%

Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    I thought GABA still exerted other effects in the body besides those on the brain?
    Care to enlighten me? That naked nitrogen is going to get slammed by Monoamine Oxidase anyway. Even if it does act on other tissues, it wouldn't do anything useful to gymrats I don't think.
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.92%

Dont know the chemistry behind it, but back when I took a particular ZMA with GABA in it (low dose, too, 300mg), it gave me something that I can only describe as cellular shakes. After those were over and I eventually fell asleep, I consistently slept like a rock, sometimes through my alarm. I went to google this effect, and I found others reporting similar effects from the GABA. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...882.x/abstract

Nobody is trying to dispute that GABA taken orally wont give you direct GH boosting effects, but I think there's definitely more to it than you ascribe to it.
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.92%

Sadly, I can't read more than the first page of the article so I dont know what they talk about. Apparently my U doesnt subscribe to this database anymore.

P.S. I don't know what the sides are of overdosing Vit. b6, but it could be possible that what I had was an effect of the possible B6 overdose?
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.48%

Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Sadly, I can't read more than the first page of the article so I dont know what they talk about. Apparently my U doesnt subscribe to this database anymore.

P.S. I don't know what the sides are of overdosing Vit. b6, but it could be possible that what I had was an effect of the possible B6 overdose?
    You will not likely get a b6 overdose at the dosage in a zma supplements. B6 overdoses are relatively newly discovered (in the time reference of other vitamin overdoses) and the studies I have seen see doses of 500 mg and up per day for several months. You would know if it was a b6 overdose you would have pretty noticeable neurological issues.