• Established
I want to thank the following companies:
APPLIED NUTRICEUTICALS

ANABOLIC INNOVATIONS

BEVERLY INTERNATIONAL

P.E.S

SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS

COMPETITIVE EDGE LABS

For helping me in my long road to bringing home this 4th place trophy for Bantamweight at the INBF Long Island Experience
IMAG0006.jpg

The other guys blew me out f the water - their maturity and additional years of training blew me out of the water on musculairyt and conditioning. For some who is maybe a year into his bodybuilding career - I still have 2 top 5 finishers. Cant be too upset.

One of the judges said something profound I would like to share : this is a sport where you lose an infinite number of times more than you win. With all odds against you, you still make a conscious decision to dedicate that much time to step into a potentially loosing battle. Even then, its never fully a loss because it push you a step closer to the winners circle.

So my competition seasons is DONE. Im watching football and eating wings today. :) Thanks for everyones support.​

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congratz man!! 4th place is great!!

Good luck in the future!!

AustrianOakJr

AustrianOakJr

Awards
Congrats man. The only time you lose in this sport is when you dont best YOURSELF. Judging is often subjective and you can never control who shows up to a competition. But you can better your previous best every time you step out. That is a tough show so you should be proud. Enjoy the day and eat your face off.

But if I can offer some experience and advice.......eat like you want today. Maybe treat yourself tomorrow. But get back on your diet. Its very easy to destroy your hard work in just a few days of uncontrolled eating. Ease back into the calories and gain the weight back slow. Its hard, but if you plan on competing within the next year or so, you will be very glad you controlled your offseason.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I got sick the last time from binge eating - I learned my lesson the hard way. Today I did enjoy my football games although the Jets lost to the Raiders.

This whole year was like a crash course - "Bodybuilding 101' for me. After speaking with some judges, trainers, and competitors Ive found that my #1 shortcoming is Time. I have yet to build the maturity and conditioning that other compeititors have had for years. Im not hiding any skeletons - while these guys were training and eating right my diet was c**e, cigarettes, and pizza. This sport saved my life and Ive put the dedication in to make it into top 5 my debut year.

Ill enjoy myself this week - nothing crazy. I intend to stick to my diet, eat clean, train hard, and grow. Im setting no immediate goal for my offseason (eventually Ill make a cap). When Im ready to start cutting, Ill diet down. When I think im ready to step on stage, ill train to compete. I have no time frames - Im just gonna let the whole thing play out because time is on my side.

Last edited:
mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got sick the last time from binge eating - I learned my lesson the hard way. Today I did enjoy my football games although the Jets lost to the Raiders.

This whole year was like a crash course - "Bodybuilding 101' for me. After speaking with some judges, trainers, and competitors Ive found that my #1 shortcoming is Time. I have yet to build the maturity and conditioning that other compeititors have had for years. Im not hiding any skeletons - while these guys were training and eating right my diet was c**e, cigarettes, and pizza. This sport saved my life and Ive put the dedication in to make it into top 5 my debut year.

Ill enjoy myself this week - nothing crazy. I intend to stick to my diet, eat clean, train hard, and grow. Im setting no immediate goal for my offseason (eventually Ill make a cap). When Im ready to start cutting, Ill diet down. When I think im ready to step on stage, ill train to compete. I have no time frames - Im just gonna let the whole thing play out because time is on my side.
nice man!

I think if you seriously want to compete you have to enter a show. Then you know how it is. I have never entered a show. Nor will I ever probably. Its dedication. I'm married, trying to have kids. I cant dump all that on to my wife/family. Not that I'm saying you can only do this if you're young single and selfish. I'm just saying that it takes A LOT of effort. Watching bodybuilding shows/etc. Seeing people logs on different forums you understand that this sport, like anything that you want to get great in, takes time, experience, dedication and an undying passion for what you are doing.

Reps. Keep growing man.

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Congrats, Use this show for motivation; make it fuel your workouts and stay hungry.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. Im already finding myself going back to diet. Ill take few days off and ease myself back into the gym with light cardio and moderate intensity in my lifts.

I'll be honest. I did not give 100% into this show. Life did a 360 on me changing jobs about 3 weeks ago. I was working night shift at a small charity hospital 15min from my house then jumped into a job 1.5hrs away in Manhattan working a day shift at a world class cancer center. I was just trying to finish what I started. Im fine with the turnout.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on the win brother