What sports supplements are good for me?

Greg Grunberg

Awards
Hello friends,

My aim in the gym is to lose the fat that i have on my stomach to re veil my abs, and also build more muscles on my arms and legs. What would be the best supplement/shake for me to take. I have seen that there are loads of Pro Mass and Creatine ones, but i want something that will aid me in building muscles, but not put on too much fat.

Thanks a lot.
Greg Grunberg

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Multi
Fish oil
Creatine
Whey
Beta-alanine
And if you wanna get kinky...EAA/BCAA/Leucine

AustrianOakJr

AustrianOakJr

Awards
Realize that this is coming from an athlete sponsored by a supplement company and hopefully you will understand the importance of what I say. Diet and training is 90% of the equation. Building and/or maintaining muscle mass comes down to setting up a resistance training program that finds your "sweet spot" for intensity, volume and frequency for recovery. Then, combine the correct ratio of macro-nutrients (protein,carbs, fats) with enough quality foods to aid in recovery and give you adaquate energy in the gym and you will be ahead of most in the gym in meeting your goals.

Supplements are the icing on the cake. I wouldnt even bother taking supplements until you have figured out what works in the gym and the kitchen. Its pointless. Its like putting giant tires on the back of your car for racing but you still have a stock, 90 HP engine under the hood. It wont help one bit. However, once you have the basics figured out through trial and error, supps can help to enhance your progress. Its the last piece of the puzzle.

And I would start with the basics like protein, creatine, a good multi, and maybe some BCAA's intra workout. Further on down the road, you might consider more advanced supplements like NRC's Cabergolean which help to optimize the hormonal environment.

0071982WC

0071982WC

Awards
Coffee Is the best and cheapest way to help get motivated in the gym or playing field!

BigGunn

BigGunn

Awards
I totally agree! I think supplements can be helpful in many cases- but so many people underestimate the power of sound sleep and good diet...and a big-ass cup of coffee to get you going in the gym.

Coffee Is the best and cheapest way to help get motivated in the gym or playing field!

0071982WC

0071982WC

Awards
Well said! I spent over seven years in prison and witnessed a bunch of people get in great shape with no supplements.

BigGunn

BigGunn

Awards
Seven years! What for....you can tell me to F myself if that is too personal a question.

Hey- PM me your address- if you would be interested- and I will send you a free bottle of either Cabergolean or ERGO-BLITZ as a "welcome back" gift on us. Or I will send you a gift card to Starbucks. Seven years is a long time to go with ****ty coffee my friend.

Well said! I spent over seven years in prison and witnessed a bunch of people get in great shape with no supplements.

0071982WC

0071982WC

Awards
I tried to shoot you a message, but since I'm new to this site it restricts me to who I can message or not. Do you have a e mail or something I can send my address to ?

AustrianOakJr

AustrianOakJr

Awards
I tried to shoot you a message, but since I'm new to this site it restricts me to who I can message or not. Do you have a e mail or something I can send my address to ?
Good to have you on the forum! You can reach Adam here:

science@nutrigenomicsresearch dot com

(sorry my post count isnt great enough to post email addys) weird?