natural body building questions!

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
i am 18 and i am very interested in natural bodybuilding and would love to get started in it any advice how to start and how you actually compeet?

Linda Albert

Banned
Awards
Hi, for natural body building you have to maintain the proper diet with very protein food and daily fitness workouts.. am trying to get six pack abs from last 3 months till now I have got very small changes in my body most probably I will get six pack abs soon. am following very good proper diet and healthy menu to eat.. If you want that menu ask here, I will post it here when I will get alert from this forum...

Greg Grunberg

Awards
Hello Everyone,

There is a lot of good natural bodybuilding advice here, natural bodybuilding is the process of bodybuilding muscles naturally, while more information than ever is available online, not all of it is accurate. If you start looking online for natural bodybuilding advice, there's a lot of information out there, and it can quickly become overwhelming as there are no lack of experts willing to come out of the woodwork and give their two cents on the topic of natural bodybuilding.

Thanks a lot,
Greg Grunberg

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
Naturalbodybuilding.com is a good place to check out for info. It's the website for the INBA. I've been competing for a couple years and started judging as well so if you have specific questions just ask

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Okay so Linda & Greg really haven't said any advice, In fact, they haven't said much at all. I'm calling troll

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Be more specific on what you mean on how to start? Start with what? A eating plan, workout plan etc...

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
i am wondering if i should bulk or cut first i am 190ish give or take and 14%bf i am wondering if i should cut or bulk i am at a lose!

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
Decide on a show and bulk until you get around 16-20 weeks out since you're at 14%. Then start dieting eating a caloric amount so you are losing about a lb to 1.5 lbs a week. This is all very general lol but just trying to give you an idea

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
Go to naturalbodybuildingevents.com for shows near you

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
what type of lifting should i be doing while bulking? what type of supplements? and whats a good diet it is kinda hard with eating considering i am at college so i eat in a caf they have good options health wise but some times they dont and also i can only eat in thier 3 times a day

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
Your lifting should be almost the same during bulking as cutting (except a bit more volume while bulking and a a bit more superset higher rep stuff while cutting). You should always be doing heavy power compound movements....deadlifts, squats, presses, pulls, rows, etc etc
Check out layne nortons bulking and cutting articles (google). Food choices should be whole grains an fruits for carbs, eggs, lean meats, lean dairy for protein, and avocado, olive oil, peanut butter etc for good fats.
These are general ideas...good luck

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
Also, supps....stick to the basics. Bcaa's, whey, creatine monohydrate, glutamine, zma, fish oils, multivitamin, etc

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
thank you for your help what is a good bf% to compete at?

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
Doesn't really matter what bf% you are...it's all looks. Just diet slowly til you've got striated glutes and you know you're ready lol. You'll probably wanna be in the 7-8% range at the most, preferably closer to 2-3 if you can get that low. Don't get obsessed with bodyfat numbers tho

TonyDam24

TonyDam24

Awards
Well I would think you want a low bf% because it's so beneficial to your physique