Newby

Holloman804

Awards
Ok I'm new at this getting in shape thing I weigh 190 I need to know how many calories do I need to build muscle and what should I be doing in da gym because right now I'm just lifting whatever I can and I'm pretty sure I'm not eating right help me out guys

trulordd

Awards
my-calorie-counter.com

This can help with how many calories you should eat for what you want to do.

PhillyFreak22

PhillyFreak22

Awards
Find out your maintenance level. Then multiply by 2. What your goal?

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
I disagree....usually average is 500 above maintenance. Going 2, 3, or even 4000 above maintenance?? Good way to just add a lot of excess fat.

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
Your question is verrrrry general too. There are tons of basic articles on bulking up cuz it's way too much info for me to type here. Look up layne norton bulking articles :)

HerniatedLift

Awards
I disagree....usually average is 500 above maintenance. Going 2, 3, or even 4000 above maintenance?? Good way to just add a lot of excess fat.
Not necessarily... Since he is just starting he could benefit from all the extra calories, His strength would without a doubt go through the roof. I'd say 1000 over starting then add from there.

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
Yeah average is still around 500. A thousand sure, in the beginning maybe, when your body is more prone to add lean mass. But he was saying double your maintenance, so say maint is 2500, youd eat 5000? LOL on the road to being a fatso.
No matter how your metabolism is, your body will only be able to build muscle so fast. Adding a ton extra is unnecessary, and slow weight gain helps to ensure most is muscle, not just fat storage ;)

PhillyFreak22

PhillyFreak22

Awards
Yeah average is still around 500. A thousand sure, in the beginning maybe, when your body is more prone to add lean mass. But he was saying double your maintenance, so say maint is 2500, youd eat 5000? LOL on the road to being a fatso.
No matter how your metabolism is, your body will only be able to build muscle so fast. Adding a ton extra is unnecessary, and slow weight gain helps to ensure most is muscle, not just fat storage ;)
Yeah, it's a necessary evil.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Find out your maintenance level. Then multiply by 2. What your goal?
that is the perfect formula for him to look like the pillsbury dough boy.

best bet is to find a simple nutrition plan and simple workout plan that is already premade, and one from professionals. follow that for 3-6 months and then look for something different.

PhillyFreak22

PhillyFreak22

Awards
that is the perfect formula for him to look like the pillsbury dough boy.

best bet is to find a simple nutrition plan and simple workout plan that is already premade, and one from professionals. follow that for 3-6 months and then look for something different.
None of them have even started to look like that. Not even my 50 yr old. Have you ever tried it?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
None of them have even started to look like that. Not even my 50 yr old. Have you ever tried it?
I don't have to try eating an extra 3000 calories a day to know that it will add 5lbs of fat a week, just like I don't need to jump off a 20 story building to know it will kill me.

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
Anyone eating double maintenance who isn't gaining a lot of fat, has done their calculation of their maintenance level incorrectly.

Turnitup122

Awards
I agree. I get fat on just 400 over. My average for bulking is 150-250 over maintance.

tmd17

Awards
Bump up your calories 500-1000 calories. A lot of proteins and carbs. Make sure your working out right, getting enough rest etc...

Linda Albert

Banned
Awards
For starters there are lot of articles on online which one to you have to start the workouts. And for the diet you have to take the 5 to 6 small meals a day with in that you have to add the white meat and mostly the seafood and colorful veggies with proper calories.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Training Forum 6
Cycle Logs 8
lostboy Anabolics 19
GTO4me Cycle Logs 21
Anabolics 26