I need help with a good diet.

Moses323

Awards
I'm 6'0 230 lbs. I have been going to the gym, but I am not losing weight due to my big calorie intake.

So I'm wondering if can have some opinions on good diets and other things that can help me with my goal to lose weight.

Please read and reply. I appriciate it.
Thank you.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
The first thing you need to do is find your maintenance calories. This varies from person to person, so it will take some trial and error. Once you figure that out, shoot for 500 calories below maintenance. Personally, I have to get down to around 1900 calories if I want to drop weight, which is lower than most people my size, but here is a sample diet I'd eat at 1900 calories:

Breakfast: Fat free english muffin w/peanut butter & honey, 1 scoop whey protein powder w/ water

Snack 1: 1 cup fat free cottage cheese

Post Workout: Protein shake w/ 2 scoops whey protein, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 banana, ice

Snack 2: 1/4 cup raw almonds

Snack 3: 3/4 cup egg whites w/feta cheese

Dinner: Big plate full of arugula, 1/4 cup red pepper, red onion, 10 carrots, 10 plum tomatoes, 1 can white fin tuna in olive oil, 2 tbsp fat free balsamic dressing

Before Bed: 1 scoop casein protein w/ water

That should put you around 1900 cal w/ around 200 g protein, very low sugar. I'd also supplement w/ BCAAs, multi-vitamin, fish oil, and vitamin D.

Moses323

Awards
That seems good.

As far as getting protein in for every pound of body weight, how much protein can the body consume within an hour?

deumcole

deumcole

Awards
The body can digest as much protein as it wants. There's this myth floating around about it can only handle 30g in one sitting, but from personal experience thas aloada bunk. I used to take up to 70g postworkout, no issues at all (I'm only 5'9" 207).

Its all about timing. Postworkout is where you can get the most in IMO, just make sure its something fast like whey. That along with a carb source would be great.
Meals throughout the day are alittle different. I think it would depend on the source mostly.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, though. If yer training is intense enough, the body will soak it up like nothing.

Leonardd

Awards
Just use the liquid juice as much as possible then you can easily control your fat and fitness. Fresh juices
are best in use as liquid food in the morning as breakfast.

Linda Albert

Banned
Awards
Maintaining the proper diet is good, taking the 5 to 6 small meals instead of large intake of food. Take the more water rich foods and fat burning food like green tea and cabbage juice.