Are all these "natural" supplements really safe?

protoculture

Awards
Hi, this is my first post...

I was wondering about this because looking at some of these 'natural' test boosters.... what concerns me is the lack of history regarding the effects of these substances.

It may make one consider at least with the older AS they do have a fairly long track record of use.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The idea behind natural supplements is that the ingredients are all available in food items, and most have been used for centuries in Asia, Africa and the middle east in their alternative medicine.

Revera

Awards
All the supplements that are good to your health and really get you desired results are good.

Steakumm

Steakumm

Awards
The test boosters are asparic acid. I have been taking Viridex xt for about a week and a half not sure ifit's making a difference yet(although my balls do seem bigger). They say it takes a couple of weeks to get ur free test up. My concern is the test turning into estrogen Anyone know if thats something to worry about???

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Anything that boosts test production may indirectly produce estrogen due to the body trying to balance things out. Some DAA supps are directly accompanied by an anti-estrogen support like the 7-MF in Hard FX to make it more effective during a cut. Other's have a separate supp u can take along with it if u are worried about it or simply desire to bock estrogen, but it's usually not necessary being that the levels of estrogen produced in response to testosterone increase with DAA shouldn't cause any sort of problem.
If there where to be a problem (like gyno) simply stop using the product in question immediatly.
But really a rise in estrogen is highly unlikely with any DAA product, be it accompanied by an estrogen blocker or just simple bulk DAA.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
hey just curious but do you have to cycle natural test boosters such as tribulus alatus exxtract? I just did a 8 week cycle of cellucor p6 extreme and dont want to come off it because of the good results they are giving me.

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
hey just curious but do you have to cycle natural test boosters such as tribulus alatus exxtract? I just did a 8 week cycle of cellucor p6 extreme and dont want to come off it because of the good results they are giving me.
Even if you just finished a testobooster cycle, the effects and results won't disappear right away, they will slowly fade away.. Not like a PWO with stims..

I would recommend you to let your body rest a bit , as long as you were on the cycle.. IMHO, all supps should be cycled, except the obvious like vitamins, proteins, etc.

As when you're are on your off time from this supps, you'll see that your expectation and eager for it will boost your training once you are on it again :) Atleast that's how I usually feel, I can't wait to jump on my next cycle of Mass-FX and D-aspartic Acid ;) I know for sure that I will train even more intense then regular just because of that...

You could also take a week off from the training, letting the body do a full recovery from all that extra stress.. Take it easy, relax infront of the sofa, eat alot of good food with nice ratio of protein and healthy fat, drink some BCAA/EAA to help the body speed up the recovery. I usually hate taking this week just before I start them, but I always come back stronger then before, both mentally and physically... Try it!

airvine91

Awards

I was wondering about this because looking at some of these 'natural' test boosters.... what concerns me is the lack of history regarding the effects of these substances.

It may make one consider at least with the older AS they do have a fairly long track record of use.
Just the fact that you've made the decision to train means your healthier than 70% of the US population that doesn't exercise.

Far as "dangerous" or potentially dangerous supps go. You could say maybe stims if used inappropriately. If you take anything in excess there will be problems. For instance, taking too much calcium can give you kidney stones, headaches and can potentially calcify your arteries. Or Yohimbe products can raise BP too high. Licorice Root extract can cause BP to increase too high as well. Soy products like Isoflavones can effeminize the body and aren't healthy as they are likely GMO soy derived. Some protein products can be produced with trace heavy metals which is why you always pick a quality brand from a GMP facility.

Umm lemmee think of some more....
Caffeine or stims can cause adrenal burnout if overtrained and/or sleep deprived and can give heart problems. Recovery products containing ridiculously high amounts of Dextrose/Malto can make you fat and insulin insensitive. Drinking too much whey too consistently can cause the body to develop a whey allergy where the body sends antibodies to the whey in the gut. Allot of whey comes from corn fed sick cows from a commercial dairy source which cannot likely be good, of course the whey is made from pasteurized cheese which is made from pasteurized milk. Any protein powder in theory is good so long as you get you 3 grams leucine. Say you are a vegan and you drink pea protein, all that means is you need more of the pea protein to get the leucine wheras milk proteins require much less powder to get the same leucine.

Taking too much or any synthetic Vitamin E, Ie- d-alpha-tochopherol-acetate can deplete the levels of other tocopherols/tocotrienols and can be bad for heart and body. Take red palm oil or Toco-8 instead if you want Vitamin E.

Ummm, what else what else..... Some say Milk Thistle can prevent the androgen receptor complex from activating DNA. I've heard of some doctors speak out about taking bolus doses of B-vitamins you see packed in vitamins like animal pak, etc. Creatine EE can elevate creatinine rather high from what I'm told aside from it being proven entirely ineffective compared to CM. Too much sodium in some products can create imbalance in other electrolytes during workouts and dehydrate you. Some sleep GH products now that contain Phenibut have potential for some dependance. Some say there is some neurotoxicity involved with taking D-Asp containing products especially the ones containing some NMDA (ie: muscle warefare NMDA).

What I personally recommend is
-Basic multi from a reputable company.
-antioxidant (grape seed extract, resveratrol/pterosilbene, pynogenol)
-Vitamin C (natural source such as acerola containing bioflavinoids)
-Vit E (natural source Red Palm, Toco8)
-Vit D (5000IU)
-Whey Powder (I buy Native Whey Protein Iso from protein factory, but whatever is good. Change up your brand from time to time) I also sprinkle cinnamon into all my shakes for the insulin effect.
-Creatine Mono (Creapure)
-L-Leucine from Ajinomoto (1-2 grams before meals)
-Digestive Enzymes for those heavy meals
-Preworkout and/or BCAAs for preworkout. I like Hypershock by Myogenix. It's more nutrient based and not crazy on stims. Good amount of BCAAS/Carbs/Arginine/Creatine
-And liquid magnesium (aka magnesium oil) 200-400mg topically pre bed. Most athletes are deficient. Important for muscle recovery, heart health, DHEA levels.

Basic things that work and keep your body running optimal. Save your other money to get a trainer who will guide you and show you how to train with TRUE intensity you may not be training with. And of course save the money for buying real food like eggs, chicken, beef, veges.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
so how long of a break would u recommend before starting another cycle?

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Usually time on = time off, if you ran an 8 week test booster cycle it would be a good idea to wait about 8 weeks before starting another.

airvine91

Awards
If you're not getting proper sleep and resetting your circadian rhythm or eating proper saturated fats/cholesterol for hormone production you can forget about raising T.

Keep your body healthy first then add in a Test booster. TestoPro/Stoked is a great stack. Good antioxidants and ingredients to free up T without any sides.

Triazole also looks good too to drop E. Comes from a natural source isolated for the effect. And then endoamp from Primordial Performance looks good too to control Cortisol after workouts. The options are very wide for T boosters.

D-Asp still looks fishy to me as I'm not sure about the neurotoxicity involved with it.

Lastly I rub magnesium oil into my skin every night before sleep. Ups my depleted Mag levels from hard training, soothes my muscles, and preserves a healthy DHEA level. Essential for life and cheap!

protoculture

Awards
Just the fact that you've made the decision to train means your healthier than 70% of the US population that doesn't exercise.

Far as "dangerous" or potentially dangerous supps go. You could say maybe stims if used inappropriately. If you take anything in excess there will be problems. For instance, taking too much calcium can give you kidney stones, headaches and can potentially calcify your arteries. Or Yohimbe products can raise BP too high. Licorice Root extract can cause BP to increase too high as well. Soy products like Isoflavones can effeminize the body and aren't healthy as they are likely GMO soy derived. Some protein products can be produced with trace heavy metals which is why you always pick a quality brand from a GMP facility.

Umm lemmee think of some more....
Caffeine or stims can cause adrenal burnout if overtrained and/or sleep deprived and can give heart problems. Recovery products containing ridiculously high amounts of Dextrose/Malto can make you fat and insulin insensitive. Drinking too much whey too consistently can cause the body to develop a whey allergy where the body sends antibodies to the whey in the gut. Allot of whey comes from corn fed sick cows from a commercial dairy source which cannot likely be good, of course the whey is made from pasteurized cheese which is made from pasteurized milk. Any protein powder in theory is good so long as you get you 3 grams leucine. Say you are a vegan and you drink pea protein, all that means is you need more of the pea protein to get the leucine wheras milk proteins require much less powder to get the same leucine.

Taking too much or any synthetic Vitamin E, Ie- d-alpha-tochopherol-acetate can deplete the levels of other tocopherols/tocotrienols and can be bad for heart and body. Take red palm oil or Toco-8 instead if you want Vitamin E.

Ummm, what else what else..... Some say Milk Thistle can prevent the androgen receptor complex from activating DNA. I've heard of some doctors speak out about taking bolus doses of B-vitamins you see packed in vitamins like animal pak, etc. Creatine EE can elevate creatinine rather high from what I'm told aside from it being proven entirely ineffective compared to CM. Too much sodium in some products can create imbalance in other electrolytes during workouts and dehydrate you. Some sleep GH products now that contain Phenibut have potential for some dependance. Some say there is some neurotoxicity involved with taking D-Asp containing products especially the ones containing some NMDA (ie: muscle warefare NMDA).

What I personally recommend is
-Basic multi from a reputable company.
-antioxidant (grape seed extract, resveratrol/pterosilbene, pynogenol)
-Vitamin C (natural source such as acerola containing bioflavinoids)
-Vit E (natural source Red Palm, Toco8)
-Vit D (5000IU)
-Whey Powder (I buy Native Whey Protein Iso from protein factory, but whatever is good. Change up your brand from time to time) I also sprinkle cinnamon into all my shakes for the insulin effect.
-Creatine Mono (Creapure)
-L-Leucine from Ajinomoto (1-2 grams before meals)
-Digestive Enzymes for those heavy meals
-Preworkout and/or BCAAs for preworkout. I like Hypershock by Myogenix. It's more nutrient based and not crazy on stims. Good amount of BCAAS/Carbs/Arginine/Creatine
-And liquid magnesium (aka magnesium oil) 200-400mg topically pre bed. Most athletes are deficient. Important for muscle recovery, heart health, DHEA levels.

Basic things that work and keep your body running optimal. Save your other money to get a trainer who will guide you and show you how to train with TRUE intensity you may not be training with. And of course save the money for buying real food like eggs, chicken, beef, veges.
Cheers

protoculture

Awards
"I also sprinkle cinnamon into all my shakes for the insulin effect."

What mean exactly by this?

airvine91

Awards
"I also sprinkle cinnamon into all my shakes for the insulin effect."

What mean exactly by this?
Cinnamon is a potent GDA. Or "insulin mimicker". It has effects similar to insulin without the desensitizing effects of insulin. Add cinnamon to all your shakes and cheat meals :)

Btw Cinnamon is also a great antioxidant. It is in fact more potent than a handful of blueberries.

protoculture

Awards
Cinnamon is a potent GDA. Or "insulin mimicker". It has effects similar to insulin without the desensitizing effects of insulin. Add cinnamon to all your shakes and cheat meals :)

Btw Cinnamon is also a great antioxidant. It is in fact more potent than a handful of blueberries.
thanks man, Im already big into spices. Would be interesting to see what other spices have positive effects for muscle building

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established

If they were, you wouldn't have to cycle them.

airvine91

Awards
If they were, you wouldn't have to cycle them.
The body tends to regulate itself in time and finds homeostasis even under the influence of certain products. Cycling just ensures maximum effect each time the product is used. It doesn't necessarily mean the products are unsafe.

LIFTEDnGIFTED

LIFTEDnGIFTED

Awards
I used a stack of Activate xtreme and Triazol (both natural supplements) when cutting to prevent muscle loss. i think it worked pretty well. its mild enough of a test booster to not have to worry to much about needing an AI, but it did seem to help. Also i would suggest gradually cutting away from a stack of supplements rather then stopping all at once, so your estrogen doesn't spike.

Parvu

Awards
Can anybody suggest a good supp stack that doesn't involve pro hormones?they made me crazy even though I had great results....anything worth it besides jacked3d,size on,no2 black,beta alanine?

LIFTEDnGIFTED

LIFTEDnGIFTED

Awards
i haven't looked into it but i heard a product i believe called pink magic works well.

LIFTEDnGIFTED

LIFTEDnGIFTED

Awards
haha, i would't mind drinking a bright pink powder if it made me look good.

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
I used a stack of Activate xtreme and Triazol (both natural supplements) when cutting to prevent muscle loss. i think it worked pretty well. its mild enough of a test booster to not have to worry to much about needing an AI, but it did seem to help. Also i would suggest gradually cutting away from a stack of supplements rather then stopping all at once, so your estrogen doesn't spike.
Triazole has A natural and effective a.I. In it already, pZole.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established

Cinnamtannin B1. Look it up.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Im having this problem after Natadrol. At 4 days in on PCT taking 4 fromadrol i started getting bad gyno pain. Theres no lump yet but its driving me crazy. Im staying away from all hormonal stuff in the future. I dont think its for me. Hopefully i sort it out.

Linda Albert

Banned
Awards

Wow.. "your estrogen doesn't spike" is this real?

lboston

lboston

Awards
I am wanting to try a stack with Either Triazole, Activate Xtreme, and DAA or Anabeta, Erase, and DAA...

What I don't know is whether or not the supplements could have any negative effect on male fertility. My wife and I plan on trying to conceive in the summer of 2012. I have looked on the forums and online, but I haven't had much lunch. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Eberly

Banned
Awards
Im having this problem after Natadrol. At 4 days in on PCT taking 4 fromadrol i started getting bad gyno pain. Theres no lump yet but its driving me crazy. Im staying away from all hormonal stuff in the future. I dont think its for me. Hopefully i sort it out.
Actually before taking any medicine every one should take advice with a doctor.Its may be helpful for every one.

Eberly

Banned
Awards
I am wanting to try a stack with Either Triazole, Activate Xtreme, and DAA or Anabeta, Erase, and DAA...

What I don't know is whether or not the supplements could have any negative effect on male fertility. My wife and I plan on trying to conceive in the summer of 2012. I have looked on the forums and online, but I haven't had much lunch. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
Actually we can buy this type of medicine in shop.But we have not much knowledge about this.For that reason i advice every one before taking this kind of supplement every one should take doctor advice.

Eberly

Banned
Awards
I am eberly.My height is 5.9 inch and My weight is over 80 kg.I want to reduce it.But I have not know how it possible?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established

Thanks in advance!
DAA was studied in the Italian study many people quote as a fertility aid since it plays a role in the development of sperm cells.