HIV and bodybuilding supplements

  1. New Member
    Sane Mind's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    51
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    18%

    HIV and bodybuilding supplements


    Just curious as I know AAS is immuno-suppressive, are a lot of these supplements the same when it comes to HIV? Like ANIMAL STAK or GHenerate or the SterolComplex by USP labs?

  2. Advanced Member
    bakerderek0's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    578
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

    I seriously doubt it. Of course AAS/PH reak havoc on your immune system. as far as pre-workouts, you should be able to tell quickly whether or not it's causing issues. I have a damaged lymphatic system in my right leg which causes occasional staph infections when my caffiene levels are too high and I don't spend enough time elevating my leg. I can't imagine how bad it would be with HIV.

    I am curious about this. everything has to be questioned for HIV patients.
  3. New Member
    Sane Mind's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    51
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    18%

    Red Line DEFINITELY has a negative effect on me. The ANIMAL M-STAK has about 200mg of caffeine anhydrous in it plus the Red Line definitely makes me feel it I have an appointment with a doctor trained in this area of medical expertise, and I will keep anyone that has an interest in the subject posted =)
    •   
       

  4. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Sane Mind View Post
    Just curious as I know AAS is immuno-suppressive, are a lot of these supplements the same when it comes to HIV? Like ANIMAL STAK or GHenerate or the SterolComplex by USP labs?
    Not all AAS are immuno-suppressive or modulate it in a negative fashion. There are some that have been shown to enhance certain aspects of the dedicated humoral and cell-mediated aspects; primarily cell-mediated, though.

    The immune system is so unbelieveably dynamic I could spend a week just talking about the basic functions at a minimum. I absolutely would recommend anyone diagnosed with HIV to consult with their collaborative physician care network before adding anything into their daily supplement regimen. There certainly are products/ingredients that can affect the actions of prescribed antiretrovirals, protease inhibitors, etc on many different levels of absorption, metabolism, and efficiacy.

    Which leads me to a dynamic product formulation I've had in the back of my mind for a while......maybe you'll see it from Athletix in the near future. It would be a welcome addition to many supplement regimes/cycles.



    -John

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  5. Elite Member
    CopyCat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,254
    Rep Power
    719849
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    46.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Not all AAS are immuno-suppressive or modulate it in a negative fashion. There are some that have been shown to enhance certain aspects of the dedicated humoral and cell-mediated aspects; primarily cell-mediated, though.

    The immune system is so unbelieveably dynamic I could spend a week just talking about the basic functions at a minimum. I absolutely would recommend anyone diagnosed with HIV to consult with their collaborative physician care network before adding anything into their daily supplement regimen. There certainly are products/ingredients that can affect the actions of prescribed antiretrovirals, protease inhibitors, etc on many different levels of absorption, metabolism, and efficiacy.

    Which leads me to a dynamic product formulation I've had in the back of my mind for a while......maybe you'll see it from Athletix in the near future. It would be a welcome addition to many supplement regimes/cycles.



    -John
    Come on John, why do you gotta tease us poor fools like that??
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  6. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Come on John, why do you gotta tease us poor fools like that??
    Because I'm a tease.....

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  7. New Member
    Sane Mind's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    51
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    18%

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Not all AAS are immuno-suppressive or modulate it in a negative fashion. There are some that have been shown to enhance certain aspects of the dedicated humoral and cell-mediated aspects; primarily cell-mediated, though.

    The immune system is so unbelieveably dynamic I could spend a week just talking about the basic functions at a minimum. I absolutely would recommend anyone diagnosed with HIV to consult with their collaborative physician care network before adding anything into their daily supplement regimen. There certainly are products/ingredients that can affect the actions of prescribed antiretrovirals, protease inhibitors, etc on many different levels of absorption, metabolism, and efficiacy.

    Which leads me to a dynamic product formulation I've had in the back of my mind for a while......maybe you'll see it from Athletix in the near future. It would be a welcome addition to many supplement regimes/cycles.



    -John
    Great information brother, much appreciated!
  8. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,214
    Rep Power
    18674
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    37.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Not all AAS are immuno-suppressive or modulate it in a negative fashion. There are some that have been shown to enhance certain aspects of the dedicated humoral and cell-mediated aspects; primarily cell-mediated, though.

    The immune system is so unbelieveably dynamic I could spend a week just talking about the basic functions at a minimum. I absolutely would recommend anyone diagnosed with HIV to consult with their collaborative physician care network before adding anything into their daily supplement regimen. There certainly are products/ingredients that can affect the actions of prescribed antiretrovirals, protease inhibitors, etc on many different levels of absorption, metabolism, and efficiacy.

    Which leads me to a dynamic product formulation I've had in the back of my mind for a while......maybe you'll see it from Athletix in the near future. It would be a welcome addition to many supplement regimes/cycles.



    -John
    Correct as usual. I was going to add my comments but you took the words right out of my mouth. I am curious though, I have been mia but what happened to your connection with PP?
  9. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    Correct as usual. I was going to add my comments but you took the words right out of my mouth. I am curious though, I have been mia but what happened to your connection with PP?
    I've become a business partner with another individual forming the company "Athletix Sports." We're both medical professionals building this company from the ground up right now. We have a LOT of great ideas and formulations in mind for the future. Both of us have quite a bit of experience in the industry as well. Our goal is to do everything right with this company that the industry typically does wrong. We're very consumer orientated and will keep our products at the best possible price for effective and dynamic formulations.

    This was something that kinda fell in my lap after I decided to leave PP. No hard feelings though; I still maintain a good relationship with all those guys.

    Trauma1 - Athletix Sports newest officer!





    -John

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  10. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Sane Mind View Post
    Great information brother, much appreciated!
    Anytime, buddy. I actually plan to have some type of thread dedicated to explaining this effect of AAS of immune function and potential modulation. I think it would be a great read for all.

    I will link you to it when I do.




    -John

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  11. New Member
    swan1209's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    205
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    96.04%

    Anyone looking for immune support should check out "Extreme Immunity" http://www.extremeimmunity.com/immunolin

    I've gone through a one month supply of this and although I can't vouch for sickness prevention I CAN vouch for the fact that it has all but cured my IBS which I have been dealing with for years. The results were within a few days of starting to take the product. Also, since your gut/ GI are sort of the "portal" to the outside world, it makes sense that improving gut health in turn improves immunity.
  12. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,214
    Rep Power
    18674
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    37.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I've become a business partner with another individual forming the company "Athletix Sports." We're both medical professionals building this company from the ground up right now. We have a LOT of great ideas and formulations in mind for the future. Both of us have quite a bit of experience in the industry as well. Our goal is to do everything right with this company that the industry typically does wrong. We're very consumer orientated and will keep our products at the best possible price for effective and dynamic formulations.

    This was something that kinda fell in my lap after I decided to leave PP. No hard feelings though; I still maintain a good relationship with all those guys.

    Trauma1 - Athletix Sports newest officer!




    -John
    Good deal, man, good luck as well. Perhaps I can carry a few products in on my website in the near future.
  13. New Member
    Sane Mind's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    51
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    18%

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Anytime, buddy. I actually plan to have some type of thread dedicated to explaining this effect of AAS of immune function and potential modulation. I think it would be a great read for all.

    I will link you to it when I do.




    -John
    Will be looking forward to it!
  14. Senior Member
    Docmattic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,102
    Rep Power
    54652
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    59%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I dont know if its any help, but look into quercetin for immune boosting properties.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Beginning bodybuilding supplements
    By thetylerbrown in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 02:56 PM
  2. The Dangers of Bodybuilding Supplements
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-23-2009, 05:03 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 09:41 PM
  4. Bodybuilding Supplements Vs Antiaging Supplements
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 09:52 AM
  5. The Best Bodybuilding Supplements To Take
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 07:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in