question about where i am at now

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  242 lbs.
    Answers

question about where i am at now

I am new to this forum and was looking for some suggestions/ improvements that could be made to what i am doing now. I am trying to build bulk while cut fat at the same time. in the past 2 months i have gone from 228lbs to 242lbs from keeping the same eating habbits but being sedentary and i need to get back down( My blood pressure has gone through the roof and i dont like taking pills to fix everything). I have cut my calories per day from about 3000-3500 to 1500-2200.

Supplement wise i am taking amplified wheybolic extreme 60 which is 60g of predigested protein right after work outs and the rest of the time i take pro V60 which is 60g of "5 blended time release proteins" i am pretty sure its just casein protein.

I am working out every 2-3 days
    I have tendinitis/tendon damage in my right wrist which i take chondroitin for, it seems to be helping.

Currently i am curling 40lbs per arm(3-5 sets of 10) and benching around 180lbs (10 reps).

My main problem is while my friend who i work out with will be sore and fully healed after 2 days, I will still be sore 3 days after a workout and will not be fully healed for about 5 days. Is there anything I can do to speed up recovery?

Also any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Austin

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

cold baths after workout can help with soreness. I have never tried it because ive learned how to put up with soreness over 4 years of bodybuilding now. But many football players and UFC fighters take cold baths after there workout for fast recovery.
    Heres a link:

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/s...a/Ice-Bath.htm

Also make sure your getting ur post workout shake after working out. That helps with recovery a whole lot!!!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by liftallday123 View Post
    cold baths after workout can help with soreness. I have never tried it because ive learned how to put up with soreness over 4 years of bodybuilding now. But many football players and UFC fighters take cold baths after there workout for fast recovery.
    Heres a link:

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/s...a/Ice-Bath.htm

Also make sure your getting ur post workout shake after working out. That helps with recovery a whole lot!!!

^^This really gets the ball rolling as far as recovery goes. Good sleep is also very important for recovery.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Answers

what kind of routine are you doing? what is your diet like?
    SFW and GFH

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cycle question/Been out of the game question
    By animalkrack3r in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 04:34 PM
  2. Daa question + waxy maize (Kwick Karb) question
    By doolee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 12:57 PM
  3. Progesterone Gyno question and Epi question
    By burywhite in forum Supplements