removing hair for a compatition

dannyeff

Awards
whats the best way to remove hair for a comp. just curious as im quite hairy. whats ur thoughts

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
wax then use some 24-48 razor bump instant relief... or epilate, but it hurts like a bitch and grows back nasty

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im in the process now, taking a break! I trim it as short as I can get it with a buzzer, then shave it off!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
whats the best way to remove hair for a comp. just curious as im quite hairy. whats ur thoughts
If you're a guy, then trim your hair down to about 0.5-1 inch, and then get it waxed off - use tweezers to get out any stubborn hair after you've waxed. Get all this done a few days or the start of the week before your competition.

Or, you could just trim it right down and then shave. Really, it's up to you. Waxing/tweezing will do a better job than shaving, since the hair will probably grow back very fast, and you'll have stubble the next day after shaving, which would mean having to do it on the day of competition, just so you know.

~Team APPNUT

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
There is a new Nair fir the genital area I use on my chest. Burns a lil.

Gym Freak

Awards
Body groove for initial, then a real razor for the smaller hair, but definately trim first, otherwise body groove will rip your hair out.

bucannear

Awards
Lather up in the bath tub, sit in it with some oil. I used olive oil. And then go to town. Have fun cleaning though.

When i was done after my first full body shave it looked like an animal exploded from all the hair and blood in the bathroom.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There is nair for males I believe and it works rather well..

fmoncas

fmoncas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I use a body hair trimmer by phillips norelco

my 2 cents ;)

fitcopforlife

fitcopforlife

Awards
  • Established
Definately do this at least a couple weeks before the show, but when my hair gets pretty long Veet works really well for me and no redness on my skin.

dropshot001

Awards
use a buzzer to clip it to a reasonable length and then go at it with a razor

Pumpkinhead

Awards
Best way I have found is to use nair like 2 weeks before the show, as this will irritate the skin and make you puffy.... Then 2 days before the show before your first application of pro tan, shave again.... then don't shave again till after the show. Everytime you shave , you irritate the skin and will cause you to hold water under the skin...your last shaving should be done at least 2 days before the show depending on how fast your hair grows.

fkasbar

Awards
In my experience, nair began burning my skin before it began burning my hairs off; My hair is thick.
Razor lasts me a day before the hairs begin pricking out again, wax does the best job imo. Just make sure to pull fast if your doing it on your own!

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Nair because waxing hurts like a mofo!

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
In my experience, nair began burning my skin before it began burning my hairs off; My hair is thick.
Razor lasts me a day before the hairs begin pricking out again, wax does the best job imo. Just make sure to pull fast if your doing it on your own!
Did you use nair for men? I left that stuff on for a long time and it didnt burn.

fkasbar

Awards
No, I'd used regular nair before they made nair for men lol :p it left my skin irritated, maybe the men one works better for our thicker hair, :)

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
I like to use a womens razor and non-scented aloe vera shave gel. "Make sure" you don't get a scented gel as it may irritate the hell out of your skin. I always keep bodyhair well kept, so if ou don't...you will want to buzz down first and then go to work! Take your time around elbows, ankles etc and enjoy how weird clothes feel on your baby smooth skin.

Sane Mind

Awards
Dude I STILL haven't found a good way to shave, well at least in THAT particular area I am a male, I have used razor, Norelco, but it was a beard trimmer with a different foil, now I have read about Norelco's body hair trimmer I read it supposed to be really good