Would like some input on this

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.47%

Would like some input on this

MusclePharm CEO Brad Pyatt – Bankruptcy information - [Blog]

I recall Hard Nutrition being a sponsor here for a brief period and actually sponsored Keith Jardine and Rashad Evans. It makes sense as to what happened to them now.

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Grmlock View Post
    MusclePharm CEO Brad Pyatt – Bankruptcy information - [Blog]

I recall Hard Nutrition being a sponsor here for a brief period and actually sponsored Keith Jardine and Rashad Evans. It makes sense as to what happened to them now.
    There is a similar current and ongoing discussion about MusclePharm going on elsewhere. Drew may come in here to say something, but in the end, anything that has or may have happened in the past is no indicator what will and is going to happen in the present, so don't believe everything you read on the internet.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.47%

I think posting losses is a pretty serious situation. They have to be throwing out serious amounts of money to sponsor as many athletes plus the UFC, yet are not turning a profit. Seems like they're about to follow the same path as his previous company.

I also noticed that you always recommend Assault even though it looks like an average, at best, pre-WO product. You obviously have some sort of vested interest in their success.
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I also noticed that you always recommend Assault even though it looks like an average, at best, pre-WO product. You obviously have some sort of vested interest in their success.
    Have you ever actually read my Review of Assault? If you have, then you will know WHY I always recommend Assault - for the product's merit alone and nothing else! That and the fact that you've been here long enough to know that I just say it as it is for me, period. There are always going to be haters, but before you start spouting off false accusations, I suggest that you make sure you know the facts first.

~Rosie~

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.69%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Have you ever actually read my Review of Assault? If you have, then you will know WHY I always recommend Assault - for the product's merit alone and nothing else! That and the fact that you've been here long enough to know that I just say it as it is for me, period. There are always going to be haters, but before you start spouting off false accusations, I suggest that you make sure you know the facts first.

~Rosie~
    No offense, but I can see his point. Although I don't think you have ever rep for MP, I feel its hard to gauge how genuine your reviews are when you have/had been affiliated with so many companies. You've pimped 10x more products than you have dismissed. With everyone else on this forum its the other way round, why - because its the truth.

If you rep a company that makes a product you honestly think is useless, unethical, overpriced (there's always atleast one product) would you state it on the forums? No you wouldn't and if you did, you would not remain a rep for much long after.

I have nothing against you as a person, or even a rep. I understand the content of your posts is somewhat limited due to the position you hold. For that reason I take posts by similar members with a pinch of salt.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.47%

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post

~Rosie~
    Your opening line says you were given some Assault by Drew, who I assume is one of the higher-ups at MP. Naturally, you're going to be inclined to give the product a favorable review since you obviously have some sort of relationship with the company and it would be foolish to think you'd write something negative. The very fact that you responded to this thread shows that you have some sort of affection for them. Bottom line, get over yourself and let you overinflated ego rest on this.
  7. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

Quote Originally Posted by bashman View Post
    No offense, but I can see his point. Although I don't think you have ever rep for MP, I feel its hard to gauge how genuine your reviews are when you have/had been affiliated with so many companies. You've pimped 10x more products than you have dismissed. With everyone else on this forum its the other way round, why - because its the truth.

If you rep a company that makes a product you honestly think is useless, unethical, overpriced (there's always atleast one product) would you state it on the forums? No you wouldn't and if you did, you would not remain a rep for much long after.

I have nothing against you as a person, or even a rep. I understand the content of your posts is somewhat limited due to the position you hold. For that reason I take posts by similar members with a pinch of salt.
    I do see where you are coming from, even if it is an inaccurate assumption. You will have your opinion, but those who know me know that I always give my honest and objective opinion on a product when asked about it, and my reviews reflect my experiences with a product. I have actually done some less than favourable reviews, and if my reviews are not as inclined that way of late, it is because I choose to use products that will benefit me and have a purpose in working with me to meet my goals and needs - hence why you will notice that I only use products from a few companies nowadays (those companies being ones that I have always trusted and stood behind).

Your opening line says you were given some Assault by Drew, who I assume is one of the higher-ups at MP. Naturally, you're going to be inclined to give the product a favorable review since you obviously have some sort of relationship with the company and it would be foolish to think you'd write something negative. The very fact that you responded to this thread shows that you have some sort of affection for them. Bottom line, get over yourself and let you overinflated ego rest on this.
    Whether I was given the initial Assault that I used is irrelevant - I was not required to log it, review, or say anything else about it; anything I have said or done was my decision - and does not change the fact that since then I have gone through multiple tubs of Assault and have multiple more stocked up for use.

~Rosie~

8. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.77%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

It is an unfortunate event I called from the day they opened the doors. With their IPO all the real information on the company is out there. It opened at a dollar 20 I believe, and is at 7 cents now. Here is the financials:

EARNINGS FOR MSLP:
    EBITDA -16,978,943
    REVENUE 4,047,295

So MP owes a lot of people a lot of money.
    The Historic PES Legend
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.47%

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    It is an unfortunate event I called from the day they opened the doors. With their IPO all the real information on the company is out there. It opened at a dollar 20 I believe, and is at 7 cents now. Here is the financials:

EARNINGS FOR MSLP:
    EBITDA -16,978,943
    REVENUE 4,047,295

This pretty much says it all. Too bad Rosie was too arrogant and forgot that their earnings statements are public information.
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

if the numbers that DA has shown are accurate (I would think they are, DA wouldnt post inaccurate numbers) then things look bleak right now. However, as Rosie said, that does not mean things cannot or will not turn around in the future
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.11%

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post

EARNINGS FOR MSLP:
    EBITDA -16,978,943
    REVENUE 4,047,295

Ouch.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

This pretty much says it all. Too bad Rosie was too arrogant and forgot that their earnings statements are public information.
    Seriously?

You are calling someone else arrogant and approaching the thread in this manner?

Pot calling the kettle black?
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.47%

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Seriously?

You are calling someone else arrogant and approaching the thread in this manner?

Pot calling the kettle black?
    I asked MP for their input about this and Rosie decided to chime in with her opinion without doing any research on the basis for this. She gave nothing to disprove or even answer the questions brought to light from this. Instead, she just discounted it and chalked it up to internet hearsay. History repeats itself and their CEO already has already seen one company file bankruptcy under his helm. Is it foolish to think that it will not happen again considering the numbers that are out there for this company?
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.26%

I asked MP for their input about this and Rosie decided to chime in with her opinion without doing any research on the basis for this. She gave nothing to disprove or even answer the questions brought to light from this. Instead, she just discounted it and chalked it up to internet hearsay. History repeats itself and their CEO already has already seen one company file bankruptcy under his helm. Is it foolish to think that it will not happen again considering the numbers that are out there for this company?
    I am not disputing any facts, nor will I say anything concrete about the future of MP. However, if you read Rosie's post, she said that Dean may come into the thread.

At the end of the day, you came off sounding quite arrogant and argumentative which honestly makes you look foolish, as Rosie is one of the most well respected people here
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

and is it just us for not ever really seeing profit and loss statements of supplement companies as often times companies post a loss but are doing quite well... think of the endorsements and contracts and the value of them for MP.... i think they have a lot of money invested places and so it seems as a loss... but its only paper deep... but again i could be wrong, its just optimism as id hate to see anyone not do well in business
  16. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.77%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by JN230 View Post
    and is it just us for not ever really seeing profit and loss statements of supplement companies as often times companies post a loss but are doing quite well... think of the endorsements and contracts and the value of them for MP.... i think they have a lot of money invested places and so it seems as a loss... but its only paper deep... but again i could be wrong, its just optimism as id hate to see anyone not do well in business
    Wish that was the case. MP PAYS out endorsements, they don't receive money from them. It to me looks like the Xyience business model of spending a ton of money blitzing advertising, but not taking in near enough to cover it. MP is publicly held, so all of this information is there for the taking. Investments are not on a companies portfolio as a loss, but a liquid asset.
    The Historic PES Legend

Similar Forum Threads

1. I would appreciate some input
    By mrutah in forum Pics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-13-2009, 12:08 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 07:15 AM
  3. need some input
    By jaxon in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 04:55 PM