Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Assault (Green Apple flavour)

Smell: N/A. In the tub the Green Apple Assault has no smell - I got my nose as close to the powder as I could, and even with it in the scoop, you can barely catch the faintest of the most faintest hint of apple. When mixed with water there is a scent, reminding me of the chewy, Green Apple flavoured New Zealand lolly I had when I was younger (I don't like lollies and even as a child, when I ate them it was rare - when I did, I would only have Minties, sour (green and yellow) gummy bears, or the mentioned chewy green apple lolly).

Taste: 9.5/10. Green Apple is definitely my favourite of all the Assault flavours I have tried (Blue Arctic Raspberry, Raspberry Lemonade, Green Apple). Distinct taste of apple. Not the sour, tart taste of a Granny Smith apple (my definition of "green apple"), but more like a Braeburn apple (who actually has the Granny Smith as a "parent" apple). It is not sweet either, which I like (not a fan of sickly "sweet" products). I personally would have preferred a little tartness, like Green MAGnitude's Sour Apple flavour (which has the best taste of any supplement product I have ever tried), but no biggie, and MusclePharm have again shown how good their flavouring is.

Other Notes: Green Apple Assault is a pretty green colour - fittingly matching the MusclePharm green :D My opinion of Assault has not changed since I first used it, and the addition of the Green Apple flavour only serves to further establish it as my top [equal] favourite product ever and one of the best available, IMO. To see my comprehensive thoughts and experience with Assault, taste and smell aside, please see my http://anabolicminds.com/forum/muscle-pharm/167497-rosies-review-assault.html.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I'm surprised you didn't get a nose full of Assault when you tried to smell it, usually a little bit of Assault powder will float out of the bottle when I open it. Thanks for the review.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm surprised you didn't get a nose full of Assault when you tried to smell it, usually a little bit of Assault powder will float out of the bottle when I open it. Thanks for the review.
I did when I took the seal off and tried to smell it - I let it settle for a few seconds before trying again, LOL.

No worries, Paul :) My second dose yesterday (before my Training Session 2), I actually noticed the flavour more, stronger, no doubt about the apple. Green Apple is certainly the best Assault flavour so far!

~Rosie~

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
exciting my taste-buds just reading this damn it! :D
Sounds like they need satiating, Jase. Trust me, you won't be disappointed ;)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
TehProdigy

TehProdigy

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to see what I can do to get a tub of this, overall how do you think this product works? I've never tried it but I think I might.. Also I've noticed the serving size is 1/2 scoop is this correct? And will it work with only half a scoop? Seems pretty skimpy to me but I'll try it out if it's any good

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll have to see what I can do to get a tub of this, overall how do you think this product works? I've never tried it but I think I might.. Also I've noticed the serving size is 1/2 scoop is this correct? And will it work with only half a scoop? Seems pretty skimpy to me but I'll try it out if it's any good
Read my Complete Review of Assault to see how I think it works overall, with my reasoning for my opinion.

A serving size is half a scoop, yes, but you can use a full scoop as well. Let's just say that I only use a SERVING and I LOVE Assault and have GREAT results!

~Rosie~

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely need to pick some of this up and give it a go. Been meaning to for a while and keep forgetting everytime i place an order at nutra. :fool2:

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
The 1/2 scoop serving size just allows the product to be used by a large group of people. Most people under ~200lbs will be fine with 1/2 scoop, larger people or more stimulant tolerant people may want to go with the full scoop.

TehProdigy

TehProdigy

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you have more than enough good things to say about Assault, ill grab a tub next time I order :thumbsup:
Read my Complete Review of Assault to see how I think it works overall, with my reasoning for my opinion.

A serving size is half a scoop, yes, but you can use a full scoop as well. Let's just say that I only use a SERVING and I LOVE Assault and have GREAT results!

~Rosie~

GolFNUTT

GolFNUTT

Awards
Hey Rosie,
I saw that you had mentioned that there was no suma root in another post about the green apple and was wondering why it would not be included in this formula or has the whole assualt product been re formulated? I bought my first tub of the Blue Arctic Raspberry and just loved it, so I bought a tub of the green apple before I was finished with the first tub :)

Bizzle23

Awards
Just purchased some of this based on your review. Had my first workout with it last night and gotta say that this stuff is off the chain. Sorry to hijack the thread

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Just purchased some of this based on your review. Had my first workout with it last night and gotta say that this stuff is off the chain. Sorry to hijack the thread
Glad you like the product man.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Rosie,
I saw that you had mentioned that there was no suma root in another post about the green apple and was wondering why it would not be included in this formula or has the whole assualt product been re formulated? I bought my first tub of the Blue Arctic Raspberry and just loved it, so I bought a tub of the green apple before I was finished with the first tub :)
Currently Green Apple is the only Assault that has had changes in formula, with Suma Root taken out, replaced by an increase in citrulline. However these changes will be true of both the other stim flavours (although there is Suma Root in the ones currently out - but will not be in future batches) and non-stim version soon to be available.

The current removal of Suma Root from Assault (and Recon) was made for NSF approval after it was recently publicized that Suma Root exhibits similar characteristics to various banned compounds, thus there is the possibility of testing for a false positive when being drug tested.

Awesome stuff! Glad you loved it as much as I do :thumbsup:

~Rosie~

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
that is the sadest part about the sumai love the stuff

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that is the sadest part about the sumai love the stuff
It is indeed - especially since that was the ingredient that set Assault apart from any other preworkout product for me and the one thing that made ALL the difference!

~Rosie~