Rosie's Initial Impressions of Assault (Blue Arctic Raspberry flavour)

1. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Cool Rosie's Initial Impressions of Assault (Blue Arctic Raspberry flavour)

ASSAULT (Blue Arctic Raspberry)

Smell: In the tub the Blue Arctic Raspberry Assault smells like bubblegum. When mixed with water, it has a slightly sweeter scent, but still like bubblegum.

Taste: The Blue Arctic Raspberry Assault tasted like a Bubble-O-Bill ice-cream (something we have in New Zealand - bubblegum flavoured ice-cream with a bubblegum nose). The taste could also be likened to the flavour of the Mixed Berry Powerade ZERO.

Solubility: The The Blue Arctic Raspberry Assault mixed well on shaking, even for only a few seconds, with no residue.

Texture: Like flavoured water/Mixed Berry Powerade ZERO.

Energy: The last few days I have not had much energy at all, forcing training as opposed to doing it because I wanted to be doing it. Today, I had a steady flow of energy, which was nice - training session was also not as long as what some of them have been lately, though - although just as intense, if not MORE.

Mental Focus: My mind rarely turns off, so thinking about multiple things at once, albeit still concentrated on training.

Pumps: My set/rep ranges were not so conducive to pumps today, but I had a little.

Vascularity: Vascularity during cardio was great, but it started hiding as I continued with my resistance training, only my forearms and deltoids veins showing through.

Endurance: Definitely had this.

Strength: I was lifting heavier deliberately for most exercises, and was surprised on a couple that I was actually able to move a weight I have not used in quite some time. Close-Grip Pull-Ups suffered, though - although there was only a minute rest between sets, and usually I use ~3 minutes for this exercise (and only this one).

Training Intensity: High - I was even able to keep it high during my post-weights cardio.

Recovery: My body is not sore, and I felt better AFTER training than I did before, which says something, especially considering my legs were not like jello after post-weights cardio.

Nutrient Repartitioner: Since I have no appetite at the moment and only had a liquid meal post-training (bad, I know), I can't comment on this factor..

Other Effects: No Beta-Alanine tingles experienced . . . A lot of sweating during pre-weights cardio (although, as I mentioned in my last post, this could have been a mixture of a fever and Assault . . .

Other Comments: Although I have an almost full tub of CreaPure, I have deliberately not used creatine (experimented a couple of times last year to see how my performance differed with and without creatine, and any other effects it might have on my body) since 14 December 2010, so it's been ~3 weeks without it, and also coincidentally the period of time that it takes one's muscle creatine threshold levels to return to baseline. Therefore, today was my first day back using a product containing creatine (and also one of the rare times when I do not dose creatine pre AND post-training), and, as I stated last year, I definitely notice the different when I am and not using creatine . . . Also note that I am not even using the BARE essentials of BC+EAA, Organic Vitaberry, and Muscle Gels re supplements right now (almost a first for me, but my body does need a small break from everything), so no stimulants or anything . . . I will give a more comprehensive review of the Blue Arctic Raspberry Assault when I have finished what I have . . .
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

Awesome review Rosie, Thanks!

Did you use a full scoop or 1/2 scoop?
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Blue Raspberry Assault tastes like cotton candy. It's the bees knees.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    Awesome review Rosie, Thanks!

Did you use a full scoop or 1/2 scoop?
    No worries, Paul

I used a full scoop.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Blue Raspberry Assault tastes like cotton candy. It's the bees knees.
    I've never had cotton candy

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    I've never had cotton candy
    Spun sugar that looks like roofing insulation and melts in your mouth. Good stuff.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  6. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Spun sugar that looks like roofing insulation and melts in your mouth. Good stuff.
    Yup, I know what it is - sticky, fluffy pink stuff - just never had it, LOL

7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

I love this flavor so much...
  8. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishRugby34 View Post
    I love this flavor so much...
    It's not so much the flavour as the PRODUCT that I am loving - the addition of the Suma Root is making all the difference, and for the circumstance and way I was feeling until I started using this, it's a HUGE difference! Assault is fast becoming my favourite and #1 preworkout product of choice (my Final Review later this week will reveal why)!

~Rosie~

9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

The suma root is really an unsung hero in our products. It has amazing effects on your cardio and recovery.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  10. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

The suma root is really an unsung hero in our products. It has amazing effects on your cardio and recovery.
    I am finding that out - and considering that the caffeine dose is not that high and what's in Assault are the ONLY stimulants I have been getting and I am not the walking dead is really blowing me away, honestly (I mean, I've used a one-day sample of Sean's Assault when he's had it now and there, but never consistently or with the accumulative effects, and this is making a huge difference)

11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

Yeah that's one of the best things about Assault, it is one of the only products that actually gets stronger with prolonged usage. I have been using it now for probably close to two years straight and the effects are still very noticeable.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

All I know is I feel like I can pick up a bus when I use it. The initial tingly feeling I get means its go time...HA
  13. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

Yup, I know what it is - sticky, fluffy pink stuff - just never had it, LOL
    The Historic PES Legend
  14. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Yeah that's one of the best things about Assault, it is one of the only products that actually gets stronger with prolonged usage. I have been using it now for probably close to two years straight and the effects are still very noticeable.
    Definitely want to continue with it - and not having to take a separate creatine product, as well as others (stimulants primarily - my body needs to do without them for a bit). Could definitely become a staple.

~Rosie~

15. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

. . . I will give a more comprehensive review of the Blue Arctic Raspberry Assault when I have finished what I have . . .
    Definitely want to continue with it - and not having to take a separate creatine product, as well as others (stimulants primarily - my body needs to do without them for a bit). Could definitely become a staple.
    Final Review is up: Rosie's Review of Assault. Assault is definitely now a staple of mine, and one I never want to be withOUT!

~Rosie~

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Rosie's Initial Impressions: White Flood
    By Rosie Chee in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 09:02 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 02:47 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 11:25 AM