Recon Review

trueathlete

trueathlete

Muscle Pharm Rep
Awards
Thanks for the great feedback!! Recon is my favorite product thus far!!

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
It's a very good supp! I'm continuing to use it and I'm very pleased. I'm finding good results drinking half pre & half post-workout, especially when I play hockey.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Do you find yourself getting a relaxed feeling during the game at all? The reason I ask is because the ingredients in Recon are known to calm down your CNS which may make it kind of hard to stay amped up during a game.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
I felt in control, didn't want to tear anyone's head off, which is probably a good thing :) Sometimes playing hockey can have that affect!

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
ya i wouldnt be able to take it pre... it makes me feel relaxed and refreshed... i wanna be a snarling white-hot ball of fury, focus, and power during my workouts.

and that's where Assault comes in :)

trueathlete

trueathlete

Muscle Pharm Rep
Awards
Whats ETA for Recon?
It will be at BB.COM by Jan 1!!

It is scheduled to ship out of warehouse next Tuesday!!

Thanks for the patience everyone, this product took a lot of time to perfect but it was well worth the wait.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
It will be at BB.COM by Jan 1!!

It is scheduled to ship out of warehouse next Tuesday!!

Thanks for the patience everyone, this product took a lot of time to perfect but it was well worth the wait.
Agree, it's worth the wait and a very good product!!!!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Recon is getting real close guys, this product has been a while in the making and it is going to absolutely kick @ss.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
but why just only 20g of carbs dude?
Because it allows a lot more flexibility to the product. The 20 grams is going to be sufficient to blunt some of the negative effects of cortisol post workout but its not going to cause a massive insulin spike that some people just dont need or can't handle. With Recon the carb aspect of the product is just a drop in the bucket compared to the beneficial attributes of some of the other ingredients that are going to help with the oxidative stress and neural fatigues of training. If you want to add more carbs to Recon you definitely could mix it with some gatorade or dextrose, but without those extra carbs people will be able to take full advantage of the product while they are cutting, recomping, carb cycling, etc.

caesars

Awards
Because it allows a lot more flexibility to the product. The 20 grams is going to be sufficient to blunt some of the negative effects of cortisol post workout but its not going to cause a massive insulin spike that some people just dont need or can't handle. With Recon the carb aspect of the product is just a drop in the bucket compared to the beneficial attributes of some of the other ingredients that are going to help with the oxidative stress and neural fatigues of training. If you want to add more carbs to Recon you definitely could mix it with some gatorade or dextrose, but without those extra carbs people will be able to take full advantage of the product while they are cutting, recomping, carb cycling, etc.
oh yeah,but one scoop after training is enough?i was thinking to take 2 or take 1 and put some waxy maize(20g).Also mix recon with some isolate protein is viable?

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
oh yeah,but one scoop after training is enough?i was thinking to take 2 or take 1 and put some waxy maize(20g).Also mix recon with some isolate protein is viable?

IMO the mix with WPI is a good idea, but i'm not big on waxy maize. i ran Recon for MP in a log and it did wonders for my recovery!!!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
You'll be fine with one scoop, definitely would not need more that 1.5 scoops. If you want to add wm that is fine just make sure your using 70g's otherwise your not really going to get the benefits of the waxy. Personally though I think your best bet is to take Recon immediately after training and then once you get home or 30 minutes later, whichever is later, just eat a big meal.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
You'll be fine with one scoop, definitely would not need more that 1.5 scoops. If you want to add wm that is fine just make sure your using 70g's otherwise your not really going to get the benefits of the waxy. Personally though I think your best bet is to take Recon immediately after training and then once you get home or 30 minutes later, whichever is later, just eat a big meal.
Great advice! I'm doing this and it works very well for me.

trueathlete

trueathlete

Muscle Pharm Rep
Awards
You may be asking yourself, "What kind of product is RECON, anyway?" RECON
Is truly in a class by itself. There is NO OTHER SINGLE PRODUCT ON THE
MARKET LIKE IT. RECON is the most comprehensive, most complete most potent
Muscle-building recovery and replenishment agent on the market today.
RECON is an anabolic igniter, specifically formulated to drive anabolic,
recovery, replenishment and rehydrating nutrients into the muscle cells.
The rapid infusion of RECON's muscle-building nutrients creates a
hyper-volumizing, replenishing effect that will optimize muscle fullness
and accelerate recovery and tissue growth. There is no single product like
RECON. Try it for yourself and you'll feel the difference within minutes.

CARB-MAX blend: RECON's replenishment Matrix is 20 grams of precisely
engineered, proprietary designer carbohydrate blend consisting of 20 grams
of carbohydrates per serving. The precise formulation of mono- and
poly-saccharides results in almost instant cellular replenishment along
with sustained delivery of recovery nutrients. This precise blend of
carbs, along with RECON's RELOAD Matrix result in a spike in the body's
most potent anabolic hormone, insulin. RECON's RELOAD Matrix stimulates
rapid nutrient uptake, for maximum growth and repair.

RECON is not just some simple tub of sugar. This potent, precise formula
contains key matrices designed to address every single aspect of recovery,
repair and growth.

RECON is perfect for bodybuilders, figure and fitness athletes, strength or
high-intensity endurance and power athletes, or mixed martial artists, who
wish to boost performance, feeding recovery and optimizing the body's
muscle-building mechanisms. RECON can be used in either cutting or growth
phases, or as a performance boosting, anabolic optimizing agent.

For more details about appropriate use or how to take maximum advantage of
the powerful properties of RECON, please contact us at www.musclepharm.com

caesars

Awards
IMO the mix with WPI is a good idea, but i'm not big on waxy maize. i ran Recon for MP in a log and it did wonders for my recovery!!!
Right,so what's your prefered source of carb?I'm ask this because i'll go use assault/recon for my pct.During cycle i dont know if i use after training isolate w dextrose or isolate w maltodextrin or isolate w waxy yet.

I'd like to eat just a big meal,but 30mins later i'm at college,so thats my decision to take isolate protein after workout,so mix recon/isolate is viable?or just take recon immediately after training and 30 minutos after recon an isolate's serving?3/5 after training i got a big meal waiting for me :)

trueathlete

trueathlete

Muscle Pharm Rep
Awards
Right,so what's your prefered source of carb?I'm ask this because i'll go use assault/recon for my pct.During cycle i dont know if i use after training isolate w dextrose or isolate w maltodextrin or isolate w waxy yet.

I'd like to eat just a big meal,but 30mins later i'm at college,so thats my decision to take isolate protein after workout,so mix recon/isolate is viable?or just take recon immediately after training and 30 minutos after recon an isolate's serving?3/5 after training i got a big meal waiting for me :)
Take Recon immediately post work out. Then I would suggest 30-45 minutes after take a Protein Drink. This combo has worked wonders for alot of our athletes, and consumers.

Our carb max blend is perfect.. I am not a big fan of waixy maize as I feel that it does not work as well as carb sources like inulin that we have in the carb max.
CARB-MAX blend: RECON's replenishment Matrix is 20 grams of precisely
engineered, proprietary designer carbohydrate blend consisting of 20 grams
of carbohydrates per serving. The precise formulation of mono- and
poly-saccharides results in almost instant cellular replenishment along
with sustained delivery of recovery nutrients. This precise blend of
carbs, along with RECON's RELOAD Matrix result in a spike in the body's
most potent anabolic hormone, insulin. RECON's RELOAD Matrix stimulates
rapid nutrient uptake, for maximum growth and repair.

marksdiman123

Awards
Just ordered this! im excited to see how this works and see if it helps my jiu jitsu game. Anything that gives muscle fullness protects my joints and seems to give extra energy. Not to mention the fact that it relieves sore muscles

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Just ordered this! im excited to see how this works and see if it helps my jiu jitsu game. Anything that gives muscle fullness protects my joints and seems to give extra energy. Not to mention the fact that it relieves sore muscles
Awesome man, let us know how you like it.:yup:

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Had my first taste of Recon watermelon today. I must say the flavor is delicious!