Recon looks awesome...but....

phonefool

Awards
First want to say I am new on the MP bandwagon - been using Combat Powder for a couple days - lovin the PB choco.

Running low on my current pre workout (Just 2 servings left) and then i start my new blue raz assault - cant wait!

was saying to myself im surprised they dont have a post wo - and i found out about Recon - profile looks very promising - however i am confused...

the protein is listed as 15 g? also whey concentrate (vs isolate?) for post workout? is this correct? and why?

also, the cortisol blocker phosphydiserine (forgive the spelling too lazy to look it up) - how much per scoop? this is only the second post workout to include this that i am aware of (vs my current post wo afterglow by biorhythm)

last question - what is the release? i still cant find it anywhere!!??

thanks - i am looking fwd to this and future products - great job MP!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
First off, I hope you enjoy your Assault and Combat, Now on to your questions.
If you look at the ingredient make up you will notice that there is a blend of Amino Acids that includes are 3:1:2 BCAA blend which is unique to our product as well as a blend of EAA. The whey concentrate is in there as a secondary protein source, so since your going to have a large protein spike from the Amino's we wanted a little slower digesting protein in there in the form of the concentrate to sustain those high blood levels of amino acids.
As for the phosphatidylserine I can assure you that like all of our other products you are going to get the effective amount of the ingredient from our product, but at the moment I can not give you an exact amount.
Finally we will be releasing the product very soon, we reworked the ingredients a few times to get it where it is now so we could be sure we have the most effective product that we could bring to the market.

phonefool

Awards
ok that makes sense - thank you for the quick response!

really looking forward to having Recon in my arsenal!!

trueathlete

trueathlete

Muscle Pharm Rep
Awards
Recon will be released in 2 weeks!!

drchildress

drchildress

Awards
Im excited about this company and their products... I've been hearing some positive feedback on alot of it

dirtydean12

dirtydean12

Awards
Im excited about this company and their products... I've been hearing some positive feedback on alot of it
Thanks a ton bro, we're all about making products with effective doses...which for some puzzling reason isn't a mainstay around the supplement world...it's crazy how good of a product you can make when you get an adequate serving of each ingredient(i.e. ASSAULT)!!

Some great things on the horizon for MP!

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a ton bro, we're all about making products with effective doses...which for some puzzling reason isn't a mainstay around the supplement world...it's crazy how good of a product you can make when you get an adequate serving of each ingredient(i.e. ASSAULT)!!

Some great things on the horizon for MP!
for sure! i've had nothing but great results from MP products so far!

i've ran a few tubs of Assault, and was lucky enough to log Recon for you guys as well (thanks PMiller) and i love both products.

with these two products, as well as Shred Matrix, Battle Fuel, Bulletproof, and Combat Powder... well sh!t, you got everthing you need!

damn i sound like a commercial LOL :439:

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
Getting interested on this product. Based on the opinions and information, I can't wait to have one. :439:

phonefool

Awards
glad to see Recon has been released ...excited to give it a try...but is it just me or has the profile/ingredients changed? no actual whey protein or creatine in this Post WO drink?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
glad to see Recon has been released ...excited to give it a try...but is it just me or has the profile/ingredients changed? no actual whey protein or creatine in this Post WO drink?
Yeah we changed a few things from the original conception formula that we had posted up a while ago. The whey protein was replaced with our special amino acid blend that will do a lot more for protein synthesis than the whey would have. Also the creatine was left out because it allows people to use recon in a lot more situations, like if they are already getting a full serving of creatine from Assault or another preworkout. Also since some athletes will use more than one serving of Recon a day we wanted to make sure that they weren't going way overboard on there daily creatine consumption.

phonefool

Awards
not including the creatine in there does makes sense in that regard...let me ask tho...i have no doubt the amino blend is better than any whey...however i guess im so accustomed to tracking my grams of protein intake per day...and taking in a post workout shake with at least 20-30 grams (like torrent or after shock)...or even just an isolate....is recon to be used in conjuction with a post workout protein shake or is there no longer a need for one if using recon? the amino's might be equivalent to how many grams of protein for instance? or maybe that question doesnt make sense because the amino blend is more like BCAA's so...? just want to confirm the most effective post workout plan when utilizing recon..thanks

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
The amino blend that is in there would be like taking maybe about 25-30 grams of whey protein give or take a few grams. When you digest whey it gets broken down into the amino acids that are in the formula so by adding them in a free form state your body does not have to spend the time breaking them down. There are many different ways to utilize Recon so I will give you a few examples:

Simple Dosing - 1 scoop immediately after lifting followed by a meal 30 - 60 minutes later

Super Intense Short Workout - 1/2 scoop before training and then 1/2-1 scoop after training followed by a meal 30 - 60 minutes later

Long Duration Training - Recon sipped through out workout, Post workout shake or Meal immediately after training

Competition or Game - 2 scoops of Recon mixed with a 1/2 gallon of water. Food of some sort following game

Hangover Prevention - 1 scoop of recon before bed or immediately upon waking the next day

Loaded with Cash and Training like a mad man AKA the professional athlete scenario - One scoop of recon in the morning, 1/2 scoop before training, and then a full scoop after training.

Using Recon with a weight gainer - Recon during last exercise, weight gainer 15 minutes later, meal 45 minutes after Recon.