Combat...locked and loaded on target!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I will be putting my Combat experiences here.
So far so good. I am on a competition diet that calls for a shake a day. I will be using combat here on a very low carb diet.

So far I like it. It mixes great with water. I got the chocolate one and it tastes fine. No GI issues to report..lol
So far so good. I'm hoping it will help me to maintain lean mass while I cut and allow me to reach contest potential.

I may add a shake with a single scoop in before bed as well. I'll base it on body composition as I go.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I used it late last night with 2 scoops before bed. It helped with the hunger I was having. It was a little harder to mix with 2 instead of 1 but still was good.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm using water. Until I come off the diet I can't have milk.
Yeah, thats kinda what i figured after posting that. So when is your deadline for the show? Youve been preparing pretty long for it right? (sorry havent been keeping up with your excercise log)

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just started the actual diet a week ago, this is week 2 of the strict food diet. Before that I was building lean muscle to prepare for the cut.

I will be cutting for a photo shoot until maybe around 3-4 weeks after the Arnold. When I get to my visual happy point I will. I'll be doing a shoot possibly with a friend of mine, so it depends on whether she can hold her cut as well.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see, well good thing you have combat powder then, hopefully it will help you out with some sweet cravings! Good luck with the diet. Do you mind me asking what type of diet you are on?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
WAKE UP: Drink 12 oz of water and take vitamin and mineral and a thermo

CARDIO

MEAL ONE: Eat 2 oz of flank, 4 egg whites with a Tbsp of glutamine and a dose of B-complex

MEAL TWO: Eat 1 cup of fat free yogurt with 20 grams of protein powder added to it

MEAL THREE: Eat 3 oz of tuna rinsed with 2 cups of spinach salad, 8 asparagus spears, and take 1000 mgs of vitamin C

SNACK: Eat 4 to 6 oz of chicken with 2 plain rice cakes and another thermo

MEAL FOUR: Drink a 30 gram low carb low fat protein shake with a Tbsp of flax added to it
Eat a greapfruit prior to training

TRAIN: do second cardio here
MEAL FIVE: Eat 2 cups of butternut spaghetti squash with 5 oz orange roughy and take a Tbsp of glutamine and another dose of b-complex

MEAL SIX: : 4 egg whites and 2 oz of chicken and 10 asparagus spears

Eat additional tuna if your hungry

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not bad actually, ive seen alot worse, taste-wise. Your diet sounds like something i could do but with bigger portions of course and broccoli added in :D

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Its not too bad, I hate fish so its harder for me, but all in all its about getting it done, not liking it.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've come in a little late, but I'll be following along. :)

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I decided for a change of pace to make hot chocolate with my protein. It actually was good on a col day. I just used hot water instead.

I seem to be leaning out nicely on diet so the combat powder works in place of a meal on my diet.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
You didn't have any problems mixing the protein with the hot water? I have tried this with plain whey before and it just curds up on me, but I think the casein help the consistency stay.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You didn't have any problems mixing the protein with the hot water? I have tried this with plain whey before and it just curds up on me, but I think the casein help the consistency stay.

For the most part it mixed well, there were a few chunks but nothing major. Since I can't mix the protein in anything to come up with recipes for now it was a diferent way to try it.

It also does seem to be curbing appetite on the diet as well.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
I just ordered the triple berry.. i can post some of my reactions/experiences as well if you'd like

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just ordered the triple berry.. i can post some of my reactions/experiences as well if you'd like
Sure!! I am gaining massive strength while I train. So far I'm actually gaining muscle on this cut. The scale went up 2lbs but yet I'm obviously leaning out.

I was starving last night and wanted to binge so I got up and made a shake and I would say within about 25 min my hunger was gone and I was satisfied enough to go to sleep.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
i love mp, but i have been getting horrible gas from combat. Any ideas why. i take it with water. i dont uaually have that prob.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
i love mp, but i have been getting horrible gas from combat. Any ideas why. i take it with water. i dont uaually have that prob.
How many scoops are you using?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have not had any GI issues from using it. I use 2 scoops

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
are you sure its from the combat? maybe diet has changed....how long have you been using the combat powder?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
for the second shake try using just one scoop and see if that reduces the problem

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well I think I may add a few days in of mainly protein drinks so I'll let you know how it goes on the stomach issues. So far I have had none and they keep me from being hungry.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I have been plowing through my tub of Combat lol, I have used up to six scoops in one day...

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
When I decided that I would not look the way I wanted to by the Arnold and that I would rather slow it down for a photo shoot 4 weeks after I upped my scoops. I would rather have fat on me and keep muscle and lean out for the photos.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
for the second shake try using just one scoop and see if that reduces the problem
will do. i had wanted to go to 3 shakes a day, on a bulk right now, still have 10lbs to go to goal.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
Just tasted my Triple Berry and I really liked it. It mixed within seconds in plain water with a spoon. Taste is not too sweet- something I didn't expect due to the very sweet smell of the powder-- but a definite plus in my book. I thought it was really cool how the white powder turns to pink liquid in water :p
The shake itself is exceptionally easy to drink: no clumps of any kind, and the BEST part IMHO is that the shake isn't "thick" like all the other proteins i've tried. I have trouble drinking really thick shakes but this one kept the water consistancy for the most part.. Very impressed, not only with the ingredients, the drink, and the flavor, but also the Tub that it came in is very cool/marketable.. I will definately reccomend this to all my friends.
PS thanks for the calender :D

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well I have recieved a few compliments on the mass I have at the Arnold. So the protein has helped keep muscle while staying lean! All in all its an awesome protein!!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
awesome Christine

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats real silver on the labels :thumbsup:

im very pleased with combat as well, considering the micellar casein which is usually not that pleasant.