Combat Powder

trueathlete

trueathlete

Muscle Pharm Rep
Awards
[img]http://anabolicminds.com/combatpowder.jpg[/img]
Technologically Advanced Protein "Super-Food"

Bodybuilders and athletes have known for decades that a diet high in quality protein is necessary in order to maximize muscle mass, strength, and power. However, consuming such massive quantities of protein via food alone is difficult for most, which is why protein powders take up so much space on health food store shelves. The problem is that few, if any, of these products truly set themselves apart from the rest, as the majority of supplement companies out there are satisfied just to meet the status quo. Unfortunately, getting freakishly huge and ripped is anything but status quo!

Nobody understands this better than the scientific team at MusclePharm, which is exactly why they painstakingly developed the most technologically advanced protein formula the industry has ever seen…aptly named COMBAT! Muscle Pharm scientists insisted on fortifying COMBAT with extra BCAA's and glutamine for intensified repair, recovery, and nitrogen retention, as well as a special digestive blend to ensure efficient nutrient utilization.
Add in fantastic taste & easy mixability and it is simple to see why COMBAT is truly a step ahead in protein powder technology.

Feeds Muscle Up To 8 hours:
With a precision-engineered matrix that contains whey protein concentrates, hydrolysates, and isolates, as well as egg albumin and micellar casein, COMBAT is the ultimate timed-released protein super-food! Because each of the distinct protein sources found within COMBAT digest at varying rates, amino acids are not only flooded into the bloodstream within minutes after consumption, but will continuously be "trickle fed" to your muscles for up to 8 hours afterward!

Ingredient Profile:

Musclepharm: Assault - Pre Workout Matrix

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Q. What Is Combat Powder?
With a precision-engineered matrix that contains whey protein concentrates, hydrolysates, and
isolates, as well as egg albumin and micellar casein, COMBAT is the ultimate timed-released protein
super-food! Because each of the distinct protein sources found within COMBAT digest at varying rates,
amino acids are not only flooded into the bloodstream within minutes after consumption, but will
continuously be "trickle fed" to your muscles for up to 8 hours afterward!

When is the best time to use Combat?

Certainly the most important times are immediately upon awakening, right after training, and just
before bed, as these are vital periods for the initiation of the growth process. However, Combat can
also be used at ANY time of day as a substitute for whole food protein.

Why not use just whey protein? Isn’t that the best source of protein?

While whey is one of the most important protein sources on the planet, it has its limitations, and
thus works best as part of a blendof proteins. You see whey protein is digested very quickly, which
causes a rapid rise in blood amino acids. While this seems like a great thing, there remains a problem.
These amino acids are cleared from the system almost immediately, which is excellent for the short
term, but does not cover the period of time between meals. However, with the addition of egg
albumin and micellar casein you will slowly trickle feed amino acids to your cells over a period of up
to 8 hours! This makes COMBAT the ultimate anabolic andanticatabolic protein matrix!

Will COMBAT mess up my stomach?
Many protein powders do.
COMBAT contains some of the best, and purest proteins currently available and is very low in
lactose. Additionally, a special digestive blend has been added to the formula to promote better
digestion and assimilation of the protein constituents. For most, COMBAT provides no stomach
discomfort whatsoever.

Should COMBAT be mixed with milk or water?
COMBAT protein can be mixed with either depending on your tastes and goals. A thicker and richer shake will be had with the use of milk, but I only recommend this for those that are bulking up. For those looking to gain lean muscle and/or reveal more definition, I would recommend either straight water or ½ skim milk and ½ water. COMBAT tastes great either way.

Can COMBAT be used in conjunction with other MusclePharm products?
Absolutely it can! COMBAT is a perfect fit with any and all of the Muscle Pharm line of hardcore
products! In fact, COMBAT should be the foundation of your supplement program no matter what
your fitness goals entail.

How do I know how many scoops to use per serving?
Although this is difficult to answer because there are many factors involved when evaluating the
amount of protein that should be consumed per meal and on a daily basis, my general
recommendation would be:

›› 150 lbs and less
›› 1 scoop per serving
›› 151-200 lbs
›› 1.5 scoops per serving
›› 201-225 lbs – 2 scoops per serving
›› 226-250 lbs – 2.5 scoops per serving
›› 251 and up – 3 scoops per serving

Since protein already contains both glutamine and BCAA’s, why is there more added
to the formula?

BCAA’s and glutamine are the most important amino acids for muscle growth and repair, mostly
because of the roles they play in protein synthesis, immune system function, energy production,
glycogen storage, natural GH release, and the slowing of protein breakdown. Thus, we added even
more of these amazing aminos so that your results would surpass anything you have experienced with
any other protein powder!

What really sets COMBAT apart from the rest of the protein formulas out there?

Well, aside from COMBAT’s incredible protein matrix…its easy mixability…its fantastic
taste…and the added BCAA’s, glutamine and digestive complex, what really makes COMBAT special
is the fact that OMEGA WAVE technology was utilized to “precision formulate” the product (as well
as the entire Muscle Pharm line) to be the most effective of its kind. OMEGA WAVE technology is
used to monitor the function of multiple biological systems and provide a comprehensive
picture of changes in athletes, as they respond to training, life choices, and emotional stress,
diets and supplementation. No other supplement company uses such advanced technology
when designing their products.

WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like it will be an interesting product, is it available yet? Looks like it has potential... any idea on price?

trueathlete

trueathlete

Muscle Pharm Rep
Awards
Sounds like it will be an interesting product, is it available yet? Looks like it has potential... any idea on price?

Will be available Jan 23rd.

Price will be $72.99 for 64 servings (This is our SRP so you can expect it to be around $45-$50 on websites)

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Nice! looks like some real good protein, a little pricey there but it would be a nice addition to the Assault/Bulletproof that just arrived!!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Well you can always count on us to have some good sales on our products so you all better get over to www.musclepharm.com/forum and sign up. This way you will be the first to know about special contest and promotions.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Choose Your Weapon In The Fight Against Skinny.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
can't wait to finish my current supps and try this..
However if I were to take 2-3 scoops a day i'd be ingesting almost 100% cholesterol without eating anything..
Just wondering if there's a reason for the high cholesterol or it's just in there due to ingredients?
EDIT: more like 60-70% but still wondering

Last edited:
pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
It is just do to the ingredients, the cholesterol is coming from the different types of the dairy proteins in the mixture. If you have a problem with cholesterol it may be wise to limit yourself to one or two serving a day. Now with that being said there are some things to keep in mind about cholesterol, first it is the bases for your bodies sex hormones. Secondly dietary intake of cholesterol has been shown by some studies to not have a large impact on your bodies total levels, but rather your genetically predetermined to have a certain set point for cholesterol. Third, for each serving of Combat Powder you are getting 5g's of fiber which is known to lower cholesterol levels and also have cardiovascular benefits and GI benefits. Finally the RDA for cholesterol is made for the average American on a 2000kcal diet, not for active weight lifters who will need a higher level of cholesterol to maintain proper hormonal function.

Disclaimer
Just To Be Clear:
If you have a history of cholesterol problems in your family and do not use preventative measures such as taking a high quality marine lipid supplement (fish oil caps) or eating a high fiber diet (which everyone should be doing) then I am not going to recommend Combat Powder to you . It is important to talk with your doctor and know about your own cholesterol status.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
can't wait to finish my current supps and try this..
However if I were to take 2-3 scoops a day i'd be ingesting almost 100% cholesterol without eating anything..
Just wondering if there's a reason for the high cholesterol or it's just in there due to ingredients?
EDIT: more like 60-70% but still wondering
Dietary cholesterol has very, very little impact, if any, on bodily cholesterol. Further, the body requires cholesterol to manufacture muscle.

FYI: If you decide to try this stuff, which you should, be sure to give it a good shake and mix. The first several scoops I took tasted like ass, then the rest tasted amazing. I am guessing that it wasn't mixed optimally.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Dietary cholesterol has very, very little impact, if any, on bodily cholesterol. Further, the body requires cholesterol to manufacture muscle.

FYI: If you decide to try this stuff, which you should, be sure to give it a good shake and mix. The first several scoops I took tasted like ass, then the rest tasted amazing. I am guessing that it wasn't mixed optimally.
The aminos might float up to the top during shipping, good call on mixing it up a bit.:thumbsup:

trueathlete

trueathlete

Muscle Pharm Rep
Awards

Rugger the bottle I sent you was from a sample batch, and usually they do not blend these as well as the final version. But good points on the idea to make sure you shake powders, as that is always good to do for any powder products.
Glad you like the final taste though, after you mixed it up :)!! Thanks for the honest feedback as you know we pride ourselves on making customers happy and I will make sure to pass this on to our lab!!

KeyHAWK

KeyHAWK

Awards
Looks good. I am for sure going to buy it when it comes out..

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Its going to be out very very soon folks....

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Where are the reviews? Rugger never posted one up yet on the Choc PB which I anticipate the most.
No one has received it yet other than him, it got held up a bit due to the holidays and such so the review will not start coming in for another week or two. I don't know why we decided on giving the Combat sample to that punk Rugger .... JK Rugger.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
LAY OFF ME I'M STARVING!!!!!

I'm am totally swamped this month, far more than I expected to be. I will have some time to write something up after the 28th.

But lets just say every aspect of this stuff is an A++. Best chocolate PB I've tasted, hands down.

KeyHAWK

KeyHAWK

Awards

I'm am totally swamped this month, far more than I expected to be. I will have some time to write something up after the 28th.

But lets just say every aspect of this stuff is an A++. Best chocolate PB I've tasted, hands down.
choc PB does sounds good. To bad I was lucky enough to get a sample:(

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established

Lucky bastage.

gresh

gresh

Awards
Don't forget about the sale guys. I just picked up 2 CHPB and 1 Wildberry at a great price. I have a quick question for those who've tried it, whats the consistency like when mixed with water? Thin or Thick?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I go with 8oz of water per scoop and the consistency and taste is great. Haven't tried it with milk enough to comment.

wilson502

Awards
i just bought some, ill give this a shot with water, and comment when it arrives, i usually mix my protein in a blender.

wilson502

Awards
well the combat powder arrived, i mixed a quick shake, i must say this tastes excellent. Even better than atlarge nitrean, which is also a very good protein blend as well i might add.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
well the combat powder arrived, i mixed a quick shake, i must say this tastes excellent. Even better than atlarge nitrean, which is also a very good protein blend as well i might add.
:fest30:

wilson502

Awards
since im on a cut, and suffer from skinny fat-ness (yes i kno laugh) What is the appropriate times to take this? i mix mine with water, and make one PWO (i do my workouts in the evening hours), and when i wake up in the morning.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
There is a few ways to utilize it, here are a few examples:
2 scoops post workout
1 scoop pre and post workout
1 scoop before bed
1 scoop for breakfast with some oats
You could also make a shake with a couple scoops and stick it in your fridge. This way you can sip throughout the day or even during the night if you wake up to pee.

Since your cutting, you could replace one of your mid-day meals with two scoops of combat and a tbsp of peanut butter.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Here is my diet and where it fits in. I may use it before bed too.
WAKE UP: Drinbk 12 oz of water and take vitamin and mineral and a thermo

CARDIO

MEAL ONE: Eat 2 oz of flank, 4 egg whiteswith a Tbsp of glutamine and a dose of B-complex

MEAL TWO: Eat 1 cup of fat free yogurt with 20 grams of protein powder added to it

MEAL THREE: Eat 3 oz of tuna rinsed with 2 cups of spinach salad, 8 asparagus spears, and take 1000 mgs of vitamin C

SNACK: Eat 4 to 6 oz of chicken with 2 plian rice cakes and another thermo

MEAL FOUR: Drink a 30 gram low carb low fat protein shake with a Tbsp of flax added to it
Eat a greapfruit prior to training

TRAIN: do second cardio here
MEAL FIVE: Eat 2 cups of butternut spahgetti squash with 5 oz orange roughyand take a Tbsp of glutamine and another dose of b-complex

MEAL SIX: : 4 egg whites and 2 oz of chicken and 10 asparagus speas

Eat additional tuna if your hungry

wilson502

Awards
There is a few ways to utilize it, here are a few examples:
2 scoops post workout
1 scoop before bed
You could also make a shake with a couple scoops and stick it in your fridge. This way you can sip throughout the day or even during the night if you wake up to pee.

Since your cutting, you could replace one of your mid-day meals with two scoops of combat and a tbsp of peanut butter.
Hmm this is what i was thinkin. I made some really good gains this week on legs and arms, just need to keep the gains coming.

MAGUI

MAGUI

Awards
I got to admit that the shakes of combat powder are ama-ZING! All that aside, bb.com doesn't sell the banana cream flavor...any other place I can go to find it? Everyone's making it sound delicious lol.

trueathlete

trueathlete

Muscle Pharm Rep
Awards
I got to admit that the shakes of combat powder are ama-ZING! All that aside, bb.com doesn't sell the banana cream flavor...any other place I can go to find it? Everyone's making it sound delicious lol.
Banana Cream will be available on bb.com within the next few weeks

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
hey true, i'm lactose intolerant and i usually only take whey isolate protein to avoid the lactose. I've used muscle milk and other products that have protein blends and say "low" lactose successfully, so is Combat just as low as those products?

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
why aren't muscle pharm products available on nutraplanet.com????

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
why aren't muscle pharm products available on nutraplanet.com????
Some people have been requesting MP on Nutra for a while, from what I understand Nutra is working on it.

dirtydean12

dirtydean12

Awards
hey true, i'm lactose intolerant and i usually only take whey isolate protein to avoid the lactose. I've used muscle milk and other products that have protein blends and say "low" lactose successfully, so is Combat just as low as those products?
A couple people i know with L.I. haven't had any major problems with combat, the added digestive enzymes help with that as well.

TelABadManWot

Awards
2 scoops post workout
1 scoop before bed
Are you suggesting this product is suitable as an all in one?

I agree it is good before and after sleep. But a 100% whey product would be far more suitable pre and post workout.

Why despite the added AA's is the protein content so low?

Please post the Amino Acid profile for this product. I can not find it on your site.

I would be interested to see the scientific papers to back up your claims for this product. Has it been tested?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Are you suggesting this product is suitable as an all in one?
Combat would be suitable for any situation for when your going to use a supplemental protein.

I agree it is good before and after sleep. But a 100% whey product would be far more suitable pre and post workout.

There is a lot of conflicting information on this topic and really it is up to personal preference. I agree 100% that a whey isolate works better in a pre workout situation but I personally have always had better results with a blend post workout. I think a lot of it depends on how quickly you have a meal following your post workout shake. We do have a 100% whey product coming out shortly as well for people who prefer 100% whey in those two times.
Why despite the added AA's is the protein content so low?
The protein content per scoop is right on par with every other protein out there,(24g per scoop) most of the product that offer significantly higher protein per serving usually just have you taking multiple scoops as one serving.
Please post the Amino Acid profile for this product. I can not find it on your site.
I'm sorry but I do not have the specific amino acid breakdown for the protein. I will see if I can get that information for you.
I would be interested to see the scientific papers to back up your claims for this product. Has it been tested?
We did test the product with our Omega wave testing before it was released. Any of the claims made for this product can be backed up by the tons of research on supplemental protein and athletes that can be found on the web.

trueathlete

trueathlete

Muscle Pharm Rep
Awards
Here is our 6 Stage Testing Protocol that is used for every product we bring to market.

Scientifically Advanced 6-Stage Research and Testing Protocol

Each and every product sold by MusclePharm® is the end result of a long development process involving the expertise of three of the most eminent nutrition scientists, and top professional athletes in the country.

Step 1: The Vision
CEO Brad Pyatt, President and fitness icon Cory Gregory and top sports nutritionist Eric Serrano, MD take the first step by envisioning a new nutritional supplement with a specific set of performance properties.

Step 2: The Formulation Process
Dr. Eric Serrano, the leading sports nutrition doctor in the US, who is the company's medical director and formulator, begins putting together several advanced, oftentimes scientific breakthrough combinations and ratios of ingredients resulting in superior formulation.

Step 3: Athlete Protocol Test
After a preliminary formulation of the new product has been created, samples are administered to a cohort of professional athletes in the NFL, MMA, MLB, and elsewhere. These athletes provide feedback to MusclePharm® based on their experiences with the supplement. We have several top expert fitness and strength coaches who help with feedback and testing of our Omega Wave Technology Machine that is administered to a baseline of top professional athletes, giving us real-world feedback and a practical read on the effectiveness of the products:

Step 4: Research and Product Testing
Following this stage, the formulation is forwarded to Dr. Jeffrey Stout, a professor of exercise physiology at the University of Oklahoma, who performs follow-up testing to ensure its soundness from a nutritional and health standpoint. This includes clinical trials and studies, omega wave testing and several in-depth research analyses on ingredient ratios and combination's.

Step 5: Compliance and Safety
From there, the new product is sent to Dr. Lowell T. Harmison, distinguished researcher with over 40 years of experience and leadership in biomedicine, who checks for compliance with the Food and Drug Administration, ensures that all manufacturing practices are current with FDA-approved regulatory guidelines, and assesses random audits on the manufacturing plant to ensure everything is functioning as needed.

Step 6: NSF Certification Program and Banned Substance-Free Guarantee
-The final step of MusclePharm's product development is by far the most important.

At the request of the National Football League (NFL) and the National Football League Players Association (NFLPA), NSF has developed stringent criteria for product certification under the NFL/NFLPA Supplement Certification Program. In addition to requiring NSF Certification to dietary supplements or functional foods criteria, the program requires each product lot to undergo analytical testing to ensure the absence of any substances banned by the NFL/NFLPA.

In addition to the strict NSF Dietary Supplements and Functional Foods Program requirements, products certified under the Official NFL/NFLPA Supplement Certification Program must meet the following stringent criteria:

• Formula Evaluation - NSF provides confidential review of product formulations to screen for potential banned substances and determine testing requirements.

• Good Manufacturing Practices - Production facilities and packaging facilities are inspected to insure controls are in place to avoid the introduction of, or cross contamination with, banned substances.

•Clinical Testing for Metabolites - At the client's request, NSF will oversee clinical testing to determine if any ingredients metabolize into prohibited substances that may result in disqualification from competition.

• Chain-of-Custody Procedures - Each product lot tested for banned substances must be collected by an NSF auditor. All products pending testing are held under locked quarantine until NSF notifies the manufacturer of successful test results.

The Official NFL/NFLPA Supplement Certification Program:

• Offers NFL players product options so they will not unknowingly consume banned substances via their sports nutritional products.

• Reduces the likelihood of NFL players testing positive for banned substances consumed unintentionally.

• Ensures certified dietary supplements and functional foods contain the identity and quantity of ingredients listed on the product label and is free of any undeclared contaminants or prohibited ingredients.

• Provides a mechanism for third-party evaluation for the metabolites of dietary supplements formulations.

* MusclePharm is currently in the NSF approval process.

trueathlete

trueathlete

Muscle Pharm Rep
Awards
FYI: For label accuracy Amino Acids are not reflected in the protein amount shown on the Nutrition Fact Panel. Although some companies will show Amino Acid's as extra protein on the Nutrition Fact Panel, it is not accurate and very misleading to the customer.

TelABadManWot

Awards
FYI: For label accuracy Amino Acids are not reflected in the protein amount shown on the Nutrition Fact Panel. Although some companies will show Amino Acid's as extra protein on the Nutrition Fact Panel, it is not accurate and very misleading to the customer.
It would be useful to know the AA profile, as anybody serious about bodybuilding knows that not all AA's are equally important.

As there is such a large amount of AA's added to the protein (in my experience a suspicious process to mask a low quality protein base) I am sure you can post how many ADDED AA's in grams are in this product.

Set me on fire, or take this as an opportunity to PROVE the quality of your product.

Tons of online research just doesn't cut it with me. There is very little factual information on your website, it is all marketing. Some of it confusing.

trueathlete

trueathlete

Muscle Pharm Rep
Awards
Combat Powder Amino Acid Profile:

L-Glutamine, L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine; Alanine, Lysine, Arginine, Glycine, Histidine, Tyrosine, Cystine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Proline, Serine, Aspartic Acid, Threonine, Tryptophan

TelABadManWot

Awards
Combat Powder Amino Acid Profile:

L-Glutamine, L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine; Alanine, Lysine, Arginine, Glycine, Histidine, Tyrosine, Cystine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Proline, Serine, Aspartic Acid, Threonine, Tryptophan
Where is the quantity?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I picked up some Chocolate PB to try. Looks solid, guys!

-John

TelABadManWot

Awards
Scientifically Advanced 6-Stage Research and Testing Protocol

Step 1: The Vision
CEO Brad Pyatt, President and fitness icon Cory Gregory and top sports nutritionist Eric Serrano, MD take the first step by envisioning a new nutritional supplement with a specific set of performance properties.

Step 2: The Formulation Process
Dr. Eric Serrano, the leading sports nutrition doctor in the US, who is the company's medical director and formulator, begins putting together several advanced, oftentimes scientific breakthrough combinations and ratios of ingredients resulting in superior formulation.

Step 3: Athlete Protocol Test
After a preliminary formulation of the new product has been created, samples are administered to a cohort of professional athletes in the NFL, MMA, MLB, and elsewhere. These athletes provide feedback to MusclePharm® based on their experiences with the supplement. We have several top expert fitness and strength coaches who help with feedback and testing of our Omega Wave Technology Machine that is administered to a baseline of top professional athletes, giving us real-world feedback and a practical read on the effectiveness of the products:

Step 4: Research and Product Testing
Following this stage, the formulation is forwarded to Dr. Jeffrey Stout, a professor of exercise physiology at the University of Oklahoma, who performs follow-up testing to ensure its soundness from a nutritional and health standpoint. This includes clinical trials and studies, omega wave testing and several in-depth research analyses on ingredient ratios and combination's.
You seem to have steps 1 and 4 the wrong way around. Product placement Marketing before performance Research = a product you are not prepared to disclose the nutritional profile for.

Any product worth the packaging it is in will have a gram for gram break down of the amino acid profile of a typical sample. Any bodybuilder who knows his stuff will look for the AA profile.

Reasons why you wouldn't disclose the Amino Acid profile would include...
A unreliable and cheap (Chinese) whey source.
An unusually low amino acid profile in useful AA's
A denatured and useless for bodybuilding AA profile.

Have you got an independent nutritional test you can post?

SupremeMMA

Awards
If you haven't tried the Cookies N Cream yet you are seriously missing out.

flexluis84

flexluis84

Awards
why did the price of combat go up at the vitamin shoppe ? but priced still remains the same on the MP website and other online retailers ?

steam

steam

Awards
  • Established
i wanna try orange creamsicle...but can i see the amino acid profile say per 100gm?

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Anyone tried the s'mores flavour? Any ideas what the taste resembles?

flexluis84

flexluis84

Awards
its funny how all the MP reps avoid the specific question of amino acid profile...any company that does not show it always has something to hide..especially now with all these protein blends with added glycine and taurine..