cinnamon!?!?! WTF!?!?!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by clownbaby1 View Post
    and do 3?
    Yes.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    No, no, I've read something on cinnamon and toxicity too, but what I recall was it depends on the source, like Madagascar cinnamon is ok, but inferior types are not. Something like that.
    YAY!

    Thank you for reaffirming my sanity.

    Now I feel much better.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    Yes.
    gotcha. Gonna do 20 minutes low intensity cardio tomorrow and hit legs thursday. Ill report back!

  4. alright jjohn, i did that exact workout today and followed it by 20 minutes low intensity cardio (walking). Legs were beat right after, but went away after about and hour. Hopefully tomorrow i cant walk!!!

  5. Quote Originally Posted by clownbaby1 View Post
    alright jjohn, i did that exact workout today and followed it by 20 minutes low intensity cardio (walking). Legs were beat right after, but went away after about and hour. Hopefully tomorrow i cant walk!!!
    Good let's hope for the best!
    •   
       


  6. ill let you know tomorrow!

  7. Quote Originally Posted by saludable24 View Post
    YAY!

    Thank you for reaffirming my sanity.

    Now I feel much better.
    Some scientists had been concerned about potentially toxic effects of regularly consuming cinnamon. This new research shows that the potentially toxic compounds in cinnamon bark are found primarily in the lipid (fat) soluble fractions and are present only at very low levels in water soluble cinnamon extracts, which are the ones with the insulin-enhancing compounds.
    http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...dspice&dbid=68

    How much coumarin does cinnamon contain?

    A rough distinction can be made between two types of cinnamon. Ceylon cinnamon only contains low levels of coumarin which are safe from the Institute’s risk assessment perspective. By contrast, cassia cinnamon contains high levels of coumarin and large amounts of this cinnamon should not, therefore, be eaten.
    Ceylon, madagascar, whatever.

    Selected Questions about coumarin in cinnamon and other foods
    Cross-section of Ceylon und Cassia Cinnamon stricks

    Updated FAQs, 30 October 2006

    Coumarin is a flavouring which is found in higher concentrations in the types of cinnamon grouped together under the name “cassia cinnamon”. Relatively small amounts of coumarin can already damage the liver of particularly sensitive individuals. However, this is not permanent damage. Isolated coumarin may not be added to foods. If coumarin is contained in parts of plants added to flavour foods, then it is limited to two milligrams per kilogram food. Checks by the official food control authorities had shown that this level has been exceeded, in some cases considerably, in cinnamon biscuits. This prompted the Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR) to assess the potential health risk for consumers from coumarin in cinnamon-containing foods and to establish a tolerable daily intake (TDI). Given the high levels of coumarin measured, the Institute advises consumers to only eat moderate amounts of cinnamon-containing foods, particularly in the run-up to Christmas. In response to the numerous inquiries from the media and consumers, BfR has compiled questions and answers on coumarin in cinnamon.
    How can consumers distinguish between Ceylon cinnamon and cassia cinnamon?

    It is almost impossible for consumers to distinguish between Ceylon cinnamon and cassia cinnamon in cinnamon powder. The situation is different in the case of cinnamon sticks. Whereas in the case of cassia cinnamon a relatively thick layer of the bark has been rolled into a stick, the cross-section of a Ceylon cinnamon stick looks more like a cigarette - several thin layers of bark have been rolled up into a cinnamon stick resulting in a comparatively compact cross-section. The origin of the cinnamon is not normally declared on the packaging; sometimes false information has been supplied in the past.
    http://www.bfr.bund.de/cd/8487

  8. sorry, i haven't kept you updated for a while, but i did the leg workouts you suggested and the day after i wasn't too sore, but i was nonetheless. Then the next day my ham strings were killing me! Not as bad as i used to get, but they were still sore a hell. Then i had a rest day and back/bis where i incorporated some drop set techniques to get sore, and today my lower back is tight. Hope fully it starts to kick in soon, even though i have like 5 days left.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by clownbaby1 View Post
    sorry, i haven't kept you updated for a while, but i did the leg workouts you suggested and the day after i wasn't too sore, but i was nonetheless. Then the next day my ham strings were killing me! Not as bad as i used to get, but they were still sore a hell. Then i had a rest day and back/bis where i incorporated some drop set techniques to get sore, and today my lower back is tight. Hope fully it starts to kick in soon, even though i have like 5 days left.
    Are you using creatine?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    Are you using creatine?
    green magnitude, been using it for a while.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by clownbaby1 View Post
    green magnitude, been using it for a while.
    Stop it.

    I assume this is why. When I use creratine, it isn't the same. It is harder to get DOMS.

    I started NO3 overload just for fun, and for the pump, and the day I got "watery" I noticed that the soreness was a lot harder to get. Good pumps, but no good XF pumps..

    I think i might be on to something...

  12. Green Mag is a good product. I ain't putting them down, but from personnal experience, whenever I use creatine, I get these huge pumps, but never get sore. This is why I don't use it often.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by clownbaby1 View Post
    green magnitude, been using it for a while.

    I will send you another cycle for you to use. But this time, no creatine. I want to see if you will notice DOMS with it.

    And if you feel like it, a log would be greatly appreciated. I would be able to follow along.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    I will send you another cycle for you to use. But this time, no creatine. I want to see if you will notice DOMS with it.

    And if you feel like it, a log would be greatly appreciated. I would be able to follow along.
    Okay, im going to stop today, hopefully this works man, i really want to experience the results of x factor. But still, im only making satisfactory progress, nothing that would happen without x factor. Im going to change up my routine like you said to get the most out of it. believe it or not ive never workout without creatine, so i don't know what i look like not "watery".lol. I would love to do a log and am going to try my best due to work, etc. but if i can't you can expect a weekly review followed by a long, detailed review. Hopefully we can solve this problem, and help out other people who may have not felt the effects because of the same reasons.Thanks alot jjohn.

  15. forgot to say that 3/4 the way through the cycle i added in Anabolic pump as my official cycle plan, but im stopped yesterday and am terminating that cycle for sake of x factor. For this cycle i am doing x factor, a multi, and whey, nothing else.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by clownbaby1 View Post
    Okay, im going to stop today, hopefully this works man, i really want to experience the results of x factor. But still, im only making satisfactory progress, nothing that would happen without x factor. Im going to change up my routine like you said to get the most out of it. believe it or not ive never workout without creatine, so i don't know what i look like not "watery".lol. I would love to do a log and am going to try my best due to work, etc. but if i can't you can expect a weekly review followed by a long, detailed review. Hopefully we can solve this problem, and help out other people who may have not felt the effects because of the same reasons.Thanks alot jjohn.
    No problem. I suggest you stop the creatine now, and wait a few weeks. A good 60 days would be best between these 2 cycles. Train without creatine, and see. Once you start X Factor at day 25-26 you should feel it kick in.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    No problem. I suggest you stop the creatine now, and wait a few weeks. A good 60 days would be best between these 2 cycles. Train without creatine, and see. Once you start X Factor at day 25-26 you should feel it kick in.
    alright, im not taking it today and your saying i should wait another 60 days before i start the second cycle? since the AA didn't build up is that really necessary? You know more than me though, and i am willing to do what ever you say.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by clownbaby1 View Post
    alright, im not taking it today and your saying i should wait another 60 days before i start the second cycle? since the AA didn't build up is that really necessary? You know more than me though, and i am willing to do what ever you say.
    AA still built up in your system. I know that. Creatine won't wash away AA. It helps buffer PH levels, and I am no expert on this subject, but can lactic acid have a role in all of this? This is what I want to see.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    AA still built up in your system. I know that. Creatine won't wash away AA. It helps buffer PH levels, and I am no expert on this subject, but can lactic acid have a role in all of this? This is what I want to see.
    alright, no problem will stay off for 60 days. I was planning on running p slin/AP after the x factor,(friend gave for free). Should i wait until after the next cycle?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by clownbaby1 View Post
    alright, no problem will stay off for 60 days. I was planning on running p slin/AP after the x factor,(friend gave for free). Should i wait until after the next cycle?
    Go ahead and do your AP no problem.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    Go ahead and do your AP no problem.
    alright, will do. Ill stay in contact and let you know how the soreness and what not is going without the creatine. Cant wait to try the again!

  22. Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    Stop it.

    I assume this is why. When I use creratine, it isn't the same. It is harder to get DOMS.

    I started NO3 overload just for fun, and for the pump, and the day I got "watery" I noticed that the soreness was a lot harder to get. Good pumps, but no good XF pumps..

    I think i might be on to something...
    Jjohn. the FAQ says it's not a problem, and some type of creatine is practically a staple for most. I too have not been getting DOMS (except after leg day) and I just started week 4. I stopped all my joint supps after week3 just in case that was it. If I stop my NOS ETHER, assuming creatine is the issue, how long would you expect before DOMS popped up it's ugly little head?

  23. Quote Originally Posted by rxp1997 View Post
    Jjohn. the FAQ says it's not a problem, and some type of creatine is practically a staple for most. I too have not been getting DOMS (except after leg day) and I just started week 4. I stopped all my joint supps after week3 just in case that was it. If I stop my NOS ETHER, assuming creatine is the issue, how long would you expect before DOMS popped up it's ugly little head?
    Should take a few days. Drink TONS of water to help flush the exess water out. Please let me know how it goes

  24. just bumping this becuase it has been over 50 days and I am wanting to give x-factor another shot. I have been off creatine the whole time as well as any other supplements that may have any effect. I just want to do this right this time and get some real gains!
  •   

      
     

Log in
Log in