Oil options with X-Factor

Boulderer

Boulderer

Awards
I'm used to having 6 teaspoons of olive oil a day, mixed in with protein shakes. Now that I'm starting on 2 bottles of X-Factor I understand I should cut that out.

I've been told that I can substitute the Olive oil with Coconut Oil and that it'll be fine. However I have two questions:

1. Is Coconut Oil common? I've gone to a bunch of grocery stores and no one has it.

2. Are there any other types of oils that are still ok with X-Factor?

Thanks..

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I'm used to having 6 teaspoons of olive oil a day, mixed in with protein shakes. Now that I'm starting on 2 bottles of X-Factor I understand I should cut that out.

I've been told that I can substitute the Olive oil with Coconut Oil and that it'll be fine. However I have two questions:

1. Is Coconut Oil common? I've gone to a bunch of grocery stores and no one has it.

2. Are there any other types of oils that are still ok with X-Factor?

Thanks..
Olive oil, basically rich in monounsaturated fats, contains polyphenols, squalenes, tyrosols, and beta-sitosterols, that altogether demonstrate significant anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. In particular, these constituents appear to inhibit the pathways of omega-6-fats, arachidonic acid and arachidonic-acid metabolites. In short, olive oil may interfere with your gains from X-Factor.

Coconut oil contains medium chain fats (medium chain triglycerides) such as lauric acid, and also possesses anti-inflammatory properties.

In general, you may want to avoid so-called "healthy oils" to maximize your gains from an arachidonic-acid supplement. I know that, in some cases, the key will be the amounts of these oils you consume during your arachidonic-acid supplementation, yet in many cases, it will be hard to say how much is too much. So, it might help to err on the side of caution.