Dietary tidbit for those on x-factor

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just so as you know, a medium Egglands best (a high omega 3 egg, 100mg) has 60mg of AA in it, regular x-large eggs have somewhere in the 70s. Egglands best sells their eggs in some grocery stores already hard boiled + peeled in a 10 pack for under $3. I confirmed their AA level with them :)

Its a handy way to help hit a higher AA level while also getting in your protein. Whole eggs have more AA than red meat from what I can tell, an 8oz steak has around 150mg. So having 6 medium eggs a day with 4 x-factor caps gives you a total of 1360mg of AA.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Word. I've always used eggs to add a little extra AA to my X-Factor cycles. Not to mention... packed full of protein, vitamins, choline and other healthy fats if you get the good eggs.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is a reason eggs are nature's perfect protein.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Haha, there are MANY reasons. :rofl:

Love them eggs!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm currently sticking to 1g of AA from 16 eggs a day, plus 1g from x-factor :D

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not to bump an old thread, but seeing as how there are going to be MANY more X Factor users soon, I figured I'd remind you guys that alot of eggs have Omega-3's added. Especially for those of you that shop at costco, the Omega-3 Eggs have 0.7g per egg. Simply put , remember if you bought Omega-3 eggs or not ( Lots around at my house because the girls don't seem to want to take fish oil/caps). Regular eggs are cheaper anyways :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BTW, If I am doing one of the xfactor stacks, i'm not doing the crazy egg levels again :)

cal62887

cal62887

Awards
  • Established
You may be interested in this bit of info.

Inspired by another thread, I conducted a search to find the foods most rich in arachidonic acid(and near zero in omega 3s). This is what I have found:
Chicken Heart 43 mg per heart
Chicken Giblets, 132mg per 28 grams
Beef pancreas, 226mg per 28 grams
Beef brain, 1756 mg per 391 grams
Beef Kidneys, 64,4 mg per 28 grams
Pork Pancreas, 121mg per 28 grams
Pork Heart, 76,3 mg per 28 grams
Lamb liver, 2898mg per 322 grams
***bane

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm just not convinced it had any effect. basically there is a question about what state the AA is left in if you cook the egg, but you get no value from the protein if you dont. So its sort of a loose loose situation. the only reasonable choice is to separate the eggs, eat the yolk raw and cook the whites. and thats waaaaayyyyy too much work

nelix

Awards
  • Established
I'm just not convinced it had any effect. basically there is a question about what state the AA is left in if you cook the egg, but you get no value from the protein if you dont. So its sort of a loose loose situation. the only reasonable choice is to separate the eggs, eat the yolk raw and cook the whites. and thats waaaaayyyyy too much work
Just toss the eggs in an egg separator, throw the yolks in your shake and keep the whites for cooking with.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
too much work. i was buying already hard boiled and shelled eggs to avoid doing that much myself :)

nelix

Awards
  • Established
too much work. i was buying already hard boiled and shelled eggs to avoid doing that much myself :)
Lazy! But honestly I just toss the whole eggs in and take a bunch of digestive enzymes...

BigNemo

BigNemo

Awards
  • Established
I just drop like 4 eggs in my shake and call it a rap like a dubee.

cal62887

cal62887

Awards
  • Established
Considering the BV of non-cooked eggs

Seems as though it'd be better as Easy did and either buy them cooked, or take the extra 2 minutes to cook them yourself.

Also, eggs per 1/2 lb contain 967mg of arachidonica acid but also 284mg of DHA.

BigNemo

BigNemo

Awards
  • Established
as far as I have read the only difference between cooked eggs and not cooked is that raw eggwhites will leech ur body of biotin, that may leed to deficiency, so I take supp biotin no biggie. oh yea and when u cook the egg u know the protien becomes denatured.

SOI2

Awards
Well, just to throw my esp in there, I ate 12 eggs daily for almost 3 months. Do not have numbers handy but cholesterol before was fair and after was jacked high. NOT eating 12 eggs daily again lol...

I know, I know, moderation...but some things just have to be experienced to be believed....