EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm reposting this heree, it was in the general supplements forum

I'm doing a cycle of X-Factor and I have some pain from a previous injury popping up. I'm usually very tolerant of pain, but this is keeping me from sleeping well. Can I take some tylenol since it's not an nsaid? I don't want to hinder my gains.
So far basic answer from non-xfactor specific viewpoint is that it should be ok actually. I was wrong in my guess :) as I forgot that tylenol is a non-opiate, non-salicylate analgesic and antipyretic, so not an NSAID and has no COX related bindings to interfere with AA.

jjohn + anyone else from Molecular, what do you think?

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I found that Tylenol really hindered the edge of a workout when I had a headache, so I would have to say use cissus.

opfor101

opfor101

Banned
Awards
I'm reposting this heree, it was in the general supplements forum

So far basic answer from non-xfactor specific viewpoint is that it should be ok actually. I was wrong in my guess :) as I forgot that tylenol is a non-opiate, non-salicylate analgesic and antipyretic, so not an NSAID and has no COX related bindings to interfere with AA.

jjohn + anyone else from Molecular, what do you think?
taking an anti inflammatory while purposely on a pro inflammatory supplement is a big contradiction.

tylenol should be avoided anyways when you are working out.

it reduces the inflammatory environment muscle needs to grow.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I found that Tylenol really hindered the edge of a workout when I had a headache, so I would have to say use cissus.
Or perhaps boswellia serrata. Also, Labrada Sorenzyme might help.

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
From my understanding what seville55, and Rx_lift said in the other thread concerning acetaminophen is correct. I can't give a recommendation though.