What fat-containing foods are not off limits with X-Factor? - AnabolicMinds.com

What fat-containing foods are not off limits with X-Factor?

  1. Advanced Member
    dhuge67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    487

    Reputation

    What fat-containing foods are not off limits with X-Factor?


    Is Olive Oil okay? How about a lot of red meat? Tuna in moderation (maybe 1 can, every other day)?

    A list of fat-containing foods that are "compatible" with X-Factor might be a really beneficial thing to list for those who are on the fence with this product. As meso-endo body type, I keep fat pretty high in my diet. I understand that EFAs are discouraged while using X-Factor, but what about other fats?

    I'd like to try this product, as it is non-hormonal, yet is supposedly able to deliver 5-10 lbs of LBM with proper training and diet. I am sure that my training will be "proper" but I am concerned about the X-Factor diet.

    Thank you,

    Chris

  2. Advanced Member
    dhuge67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    487

    Reputation

    A Fat That BURNS Fat?

    By Justin Harris

    For EliteFTS - Powerlifting and Strength Training Products and Knowledge for Lifters, Athletes, Coaches, and Trainers


    Many forms of fat are “healthy.” Omega 3 fatty acids have been shown to decrease inflammation and benefit circulatory system health. Omega 6 fatty acids are actually “inflammatory” fatty acids, which work to increase the pro-inflammatory leukotriene, LTB4. LTB4 augments the production of interleukin 1, which is called the endogenous pyrogen, and establishes the temperature set point of the body. An increase in the temperature set point will cause a subsequent increase in the metabolic rate.


    The types of omega 6 fatty acids are linoleic acid, eicosadienoic acid, dihomo-gamma-linolenic acid, arachidonic acid, adrenic acid, docosapentaenoic acid, calendic acid, and gamma-linolenic acid. In this article, we will focus on the latter, gamma-linolenic acid.


    Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) is an essential fatty acid (EFA) in the omega-6 family that is found primarily in plant-based oils. EFAs must be obtained from food because they can’t be formed by the body in the way that nonessential fatty acids are. They are needed for normal brain function, growth and development, and bone health. They also stimulate skin and hair growth, regulate metabolism, and maintain the body’s reproductive processes.


    Those who are overweight have an under-active fat known as brown adipose tissue (BAT). BAT is a type of fatty acid found in hibernating animals, and its primary purpose is to generate body heat. The method by which it does this is called metabolic uncoupling. It causes an uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation by carrying protons into the mitochondria across the cell membrane. Oxidative phosphorylation is a very potent method of storing energy that is much more effective than any other method in the body. When the proton enters the mitochondria, it changes the pH levels inside the mitochondria causing it to release its energy as heat instead of usable adenosine 5’-triphosphate (ATP).

    GLA’s method of action in the body is quite unique because it has the potential to actually burn fat in the body. Its action on BAT is potentially its most exciting method of energy usage. It activates BAT, and in turn, burns calories. GLA also activates the ATPase metabolic process, commonly referred to as the “sodium pump,” and stimulates it to use up nearly 50 percent of the body’s total calories. Some studies have shown a relationship between obesity and low levels of GLA in the body. Indirectly, GLA also has the potential to raise serotonin levels, which can reduce appetite.

    Another type of metabolic uncoupler is the highly effective and highly dangerous 2,4 dinitrophenol, known on the “street” as DNP. Knowing that a legal, nonlethal, and readily available DNP type product is available should have all of us salivating at the mouth...and highly interested in this exciting method of fat burning where we are actually using fat to burn fat.

    Now, all of this information is essentially useless if you don’t know where to find concentrated forms of GLA. Lucky for us, GLA is found in many fatty acid products that are available at any nutrition store. Two fat sources in particular—evening primrose oil and borage oil—both contain high levels of GLA. Of the two, borage oil is more potent.





    My nutritionists and I at troponinutrition.com recommend adding a small dosage of borage oil (1–3 g) to each meal on low and medium carbohydrate days to our clients. This borage oil is added to a mixture of essential fatty acids that we use to provide as much metabolic and health-boosting nutrients as possible during contest preparations and other times of body fat loss.
  3. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77388

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dhuge67 View Post
    Is Olive Oil okay? How about a lot of red meat? Tuna in moderation (maybe 1 can, every other day)?

    A list of fat-containing foods that are "compatible" with X-Factor might be a really beneficial thing to list for those who are on the fence with this product. As meso-endo body type, I keep fat pretty high in my diet. I understand that EFAs are discouraged while using X-Factor, but what about other fats?

    I'd like to try this product, as it is non-hormonal, yet is supposedly able to deliver 5-10 lbs of LBM with proper training and diet. I am sure that my training will be "proper" but I am concerned about the X-Factor diet.

    Thank you,

    Chris
    I will answer this at what I have felt works best.

    You CAN eat:
    Peanuts, extra virgin coconut oil, MCT's, tons of steak, and tons of eggs!

    You should avoid/eat in moderation:
    Olive oil, Omega 3, flax

    This is a small list, I'll try to fetch something for ya. But tuna is 100% fine as there are virtually no EFA's in this. In water of course.
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    dhuge67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    487

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    I will answer this at what I have felt works best.

    You CAN eat:
    Peanuts, extra virgin coconut oil, MCT's, tons of steak, and tons of eggs!

    You should avoid/eat in moderation:
    Olive oil, Omega 3, flax

    This is a small list, I'll try to fetch something for ya. But tuna is 100% fine as there are virtually no EFA's in this. In water of course.
    Nice reply, thank you. I am planning to run this around the end of October.
  5. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77388

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dhuge67 View Post
    Nice reply, thank you. I am planning to run this around the end of October.
    Good stuff mate! Be sure to drop by and let us know what it was like!
  6. New Member
    Riquee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    326
    Rep Power
    30271

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    Good stuff mate! Be sure to drop by and let us know what it was like!
    Jhon,

    I am going to start a X-factor cycle and have some doubts about using the next supp's:

    Due to shoulder problems I use daily the next:

    animal flex
    3 grams flax oil caps
    3 to 4 grams cissus
    before workout > Emuoil+glucosa creme
    Rodhiola

    animal flex is:

    Supplement Facts

    Serving Size: 1 Pack
    Servings per Container: 44


    Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
    Calories 9
    Calories from fat 9
    Total Fat 1g <2%*
    Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 100mg 167%
    Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol) 100mg 333%
    Zinc (as zinc picolinate) 15mg 100%
    Selenium (as sodium selenite) 70mcg 100%
    Manganese (as manganese sulfate) 1mg 50%
    Joint Construction Complex 3000mg **
    Glucosamine (as HCL, sulfate KCL)
    Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)
    Chondroitin Sulfate A (CSA)
    Chondroitin Sulfate B (CSB)
    Joint Lubrication Complex 1000mg **
    Flaxseed Oil (50% alpha linolenic acid)
    Cetyl Myristoleate, Cetyl Myristate, Cetyl Palmitate, Cetyl Laurate, Cetyl Palmitoleate, Cetyl Oleate)
    Hyaluronic Acid
    Joint Support Complex 1000mg **
    Ginger Root Extract (gingerols, shogaols)
    Turmeric Extract (circumin)
    Boswellia (boswellic acid)
    Quercetin
    Bromelain

    Which of the above should be cut of the stack? If reducing is ok, how much would be the max dose per day ?

    Thx in advance
  7. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77388

    Reputation Reputation

    Allright, Animal Flex has flax oil in it, so I would skip it, and skip the flax as well, I ain't sure about the emu oil though. I would skip this one too. Cissus looks okay though. And don't worry bout joint issues there, cissus will take care of it.
  8. Senior Member
    haiz69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,001
    Rep Power
    156139

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Eggs + XF = Awesome.
    NSCA-CSCS and CPT - Pursuing DPT Degree
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Like Us On Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/PmaxLabs
  9. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77388

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by haiz69 View Post
    Eggs + XF = Awesome.
    Hell yeah! Haiz what's up?
  10. Senior Member
    haiz69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,001
    Rep Power
    156139

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    Hell yeah! Haiz what's up?
    Not much. Started popping XF's yesterday. 60 days 1250 mg.
    NSCA-CSCS and CPT - Pursuing DPT Degree
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Like Us On Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/PmaxLabs
  11. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77388

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by haiz69 View Post
    Not much. Started popping XF's yesterday. 60 days 1250 mg.
    Ouh lala. I guess you'll use ActivAte Xtreme with it
  12. Senior Member
    haiz69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,001
    Rep Power
    156139

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    Ouh lala. I guess you'll use ActivAte Xtreme with it
    Actually. Nope. Using IFG-2 with it.

    Activate Xtreme + Lean Xtreme 2.0 after.
    NSCA-CSCS and CPT - Pursuing DPT Degree
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Like Us On Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/PmaxLabs
  13. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77388

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by haiz69 View Post
    Actually. Nope. Using IFG-2 with it.

    Activate Xtreme + Lean Xtreme 2.0 after.
    Be sure to let me know how it goes bud! I'll be doing this as well
  14. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768794

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    Allright, Animal Flex has flax oil in it, so I would skip it, and skip the flax as well, I ain't sure about the emu oil though. I would skip this one too. Cissus looks okay though. And don't worry bout joint issues there, cissus will take care of it.
    I think the emu oil is topical, at least thats how I have it.

    the animal flex can't have all that much flax oil in it, it has to be under a gram. that formula is actually interesting when not being on x-factor. I wish I knew how much Hyaluronic Acid was in it.

    The more I try to learn about x-factor, the more I get other serendipitous learning.

    Is Borage Oil or GLA any of the others mentioned below as Omega 6s ok to take with x-factor?
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  15. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77388

    Reputation Reputation

    I would pass on the borage

    For the GLA, I would wait until we get more feedback:
    Wiki:
    Although GLA is an ω-6 fatty acid (which are generally pro-inflammatory) it has anti-inflammatory properties.
  16. New Member
    Riquee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    326
    Rep Power
    30271

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    Allright, Animal Flex has flax oil in it, so I would skip it, and skip the flax as well, I ain't sure about the emu oil though. I would skip this one too. Cissus looks okay though. And don't worry bout joint issues there, cissus will take care of it.
    Thx for the reply Jhon,

    Emu oil has anti-inflammatory properties, so I ll skip it..The reason I am using Animal |Flex is because cissus alone was not enough..I guess I ll find out how it ll work out for me soon
  17. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768794

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Riquee View Post
    Thx for the reply Jhon,

    Emu oil has anti-inflammatory properties, so I ll skip it..The reason I am using Animal |Flex is because cissus alone was not enough..I guess I ll find out how it ll work out for me soon
    Are you taking the emu oil orally? I have a rub I use, it helps on knees. I've had arthritis since I was 25, had an orthopedic surgeon say "by 50 you'll have your knees replaced or be in a wheelchair". I'm 39 now...
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  18. New Member
    Riquee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    326
    Rep Power
    30271

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Are you taking the emu oil orally? I have a rub I use, it helps on knees. I've had arthritis since I was 25, had an orthopedic surgeon say "by 50 you'll have your knees replaced or be in a wheelchair". I'm 39 now...
    Sorry to hear that bro. I use it on the skin when I use glucosacreme..It penetrates better and it really helps when excercising shoulders / chest..I do not bench / dip anymore..

    I do not think you should use a product like X-factor with your knee. There are many other options without risking more damage.

    You can also use glucosa creme (VPX)..it really helps (me).
  19. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768794

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    actually the joints dont really bother me, thats the funny part. between regular grade doses of cissus and something like 4.5g of glucosamine, 3 g chondroiting, and some amount of MSM, I don't notice it. Cissus probably helps more than the glucosamine
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  20. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768794

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    and also since the pain is very localized in that case, I can use a topical and not interfere with muscle growth. even just ben gay worked pretty well. I think that dr was just a d!ck
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  21. New Member
    Riquee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    326
    Rep Power
    30271

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    and also since the pain is very localized in that case, I can use a topical and not interfere with muscle growth. even just ben gay worked pretty well. I think that dr was just a d!ck
    Did you try a second opinion?
  22. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768794

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    no, its never been bad enough that I cared. He has such a sh!tty manner I was just glad to leave. He also said "One thing I could do is break both your legs and re-set them so that instead of being slightly bowlegged they were straighter, that would buy you a couple extra years". Its almost 15 years now, and its no worse now than it was then. Light aches if I am stuck standing still long periods of time. thats about it. The whole incident with seeing him was related to a back muscle pull. They started doing xrays and ended up doing whole body for some reason. and there wasn't a whole lot of cartillage on the inside side of my kness.

    I have shiba inus for dogs, and when they escape the yard I can run them down, and i'm more likely to end up with hamstring cramps than knee pain. Squats, leg presses, etc are limited by my muscles, not by my knees. Thank god really.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  23. New Member
    Riquee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    326
    Rep Power
    30271

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    no, its never been bad enough that I cared. He has such a sh!tty manner I was just glad to leave. He also said "One thing I could do is break both your legs and re-set them so that instead of being slightly bowlegged they were straighter, that would buy you a couple extra years". Its almost 15 years now, and its no worse now than it was then. Light aches if I am stuck standing still long periods of time. thats about it. The whole incident with seeing him was related to a back muscle pull. They started doing xrays and ended up doing whole body for some reason. and there wasn't a whole lot of cartillage on the inside side of my kness.

    I have shiba inus for dogs (Japanese right?), and when they escape the yard I can run them down, and i'm more likely to end up with hamstring cramps than knee pain. Squats, leg presses, etc are limited by my muscles, not by my knees. Thank god really.

    Glad you can squat and legpress the legs.. what a stupid f**** this "doctor" With such personallity he shoud work in jail or something not helping peoplle in a hospital Those people can get me really mad

    Have you got 2 shiba inus dogs? I have a Basenji
  24. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768794

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Riquee View Post
    Glad you can squat and legpress the legs.. what a stupid f**** this "doctor" With such personallity he shoud work in jail or something not helping peoplle in a hospital Those people can get me really mad

    Have you got 2 shiba inus dogs? I have a Basenji
    3 of em. When all 3 escape at the same time it sucks extra
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  25. New Member
    Riquee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    326
    Rep Power
    30271

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    3 of em. When all 3 escape at the same time it sucks extra
    3 !! you must go sometimes
  26. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768794

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    its entertaining, and was worthwhile. Pack dynamics in larger groups are fun to watch. In total, in close friends + family (including ours) now there are 8 or so shibas. its fun just to take my 3 to visit any of the others and watch
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  27. New Member
    Riquee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    326
    Rep Power
    30271

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    its entertaining, and was worthwhile. Pack dynamics in larger groups are fun to watch. In total, in close friends + family (including ours) now there are 8 or so shibas. its fun just to take my 3 to visit any of the others and watch
    Those are the great moments ..you can never stay mad when they do not behave
  28. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768794

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    just looking at what i'm doing between now + xfactor, is it basically impossible to do a CKD or TKD while on xfactor? Since basically only around 700-800 cal a day would come from protein, with the limited selection of possible "safe" fats (I can't count bacon fat as desireable ) I don't think I could hit 1400 cal with just coconut oils. I'm looking specifically at lyle mcdonald's CKD + TKD
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. what are your off cycle supplements?
    By John Smeton in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-18-2012, 02:22 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 08:13 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-25-2007, 11:25 PM
  4. Results: What happens when you DO NOT drop fat
    By HairyLarry35 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-16-2006, 11:27 AM
  5. The BIG GUYS are not here...
    By bigbadboss101 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-07-2003, 01:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in