X-Factor & a Very Low Carb Diet

anabolik1

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was wanting to try X-Factor on my next cutting diet and I was curious if a very low carb diet (<=60 grams per day with one refeed per week) would interfere with its action. The diet will consist of lean protein sources and mostly veggies for carbs. My issue comes in the fact that I like to use almond butter as my source of fats. So my question is would 1-2 tablespoons of almond butter with every meal hinder X-Factor's effects. If so, what alternative fat source could I use?

I have ideas and rationale myself about my questions, I'm just looking for other opinions. Thanks for any input.

Last edited:

anabolik1

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Also, is X-Factor better absorbed when taken with food or does it not matter?

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
X-Factor seems to have the OK for nuts I beleive. I do not consume on cycle anyways. Fats can include coconut oil, fat in meat, cheese, but limit fish intake. I would only limit 1 tablespoon per day if I were you, and don't take it in the same time as XF. You will probably not get all the mass you want with a very low carb diet, but you should have a major fat loss effect IMO. Hope it helps.

anabolik1

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah your info does help. The only reason I wanted to do the very low carb thing was to really cut down but I want to get the most out of the XF so I think I'm going to go with more of a 40-40-20 diet focusing on getting my carbs with breakfast(prewo) and PWO stopping them around the very early afternoon and doing red meats and veggies my last three meals of the day kind of like a "mini ketosis" state. I looked at the diet you ran and the results you got so that's what got me to change my mind. Plus, since XF increases protein turnover, I don't want my protein getting used for energy purposes instead of muscle building and recovery.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
That's a pretty good idea IMO. Keep us updated on how you'll do it ;)

anabolik1

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
JJOHN, I was looking at the diet for your XF/ ecdy cycle and it seemed to be of the low fat variety. Does XF not need at least a moderate fat intake to be effective?

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I would say at least a moderate fat intake for optimal muscle growth in any case. Fat is extremely important when it comes to producing hormones.

And X-Factor is best taken with food.

anabolik1

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would say at least a moderate fat intake for optimal muscle growth in any case. Fat is extremely important when it comes to producing hormones.

And X-Factor is best taken with food.
Thanks for the info. I'm adjusting my diet as we speak.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
JJOHN, I was looking at the diet for your XF/ ecdy cycle and it seemed to be of the low fat variety. Does XF not need at least a moderate fat intake to be effective?
Yes, it was pretty good, as I got the fat from cheese and meat..I will add more on my next cycle ;)

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info. I'm adjusting my diet as we speak.
To be more specific about fat intake, I usually would not go below 20% total calories.