Does Biotin in raw egg Inhibit Arachidonic Acid Absorption???

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
hey everyone, does the biotin in raw eggs inhibit the absorption of arachidonic acid?

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Hmm I am not 100% sure about this one...

cal62887

cal62887

Awards
  • Established
hey everyone, does the biotin in raw eggs inhibit the absorption of arachidonic acid?
Why are you eating raw eggs?

I've seen some evidence that uncooked egg isn't as absorbed as cooked egg. I'll try to find some literature for ya.

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
"Some older athletic diets use to propose eating just raw eggs. This is a foolish attempt at taking in additional protein. Eating raw eggs (or raw egg whites) will only result in about 50% absorption of the available protein. That means that if you eat enough raw eggs to give you 40 grams of protein, your body will only absorb 20 grams.

Eating just raw egg whites results in the same (or worse). Egg whites have a huge amount of a substance called "avidin," which loves biotin. As a matter of fact, once the avidin-biotin forms a bond, the body can't break it apart. So you will develop a partial or full Biotin Deficiency Syndrome. Cooking your eggs (or egg whites) will quickly denature the protein avidin and will allow you to absorb 98% of the protein. In short, always cook your eggs."

Cook your eggs brotha

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When is the best time to take in AA? Also how do I time it with my omega 3's? Since we are talking about absorption.

cal62887

cal62887

Awards
  • Established
When is the best time to take in AA? Also how do I time it with my omega 3's? Since we are talking about absorption.
X Factor should be taken with a source of fat (peanut butter will do the trick) and is usually followed along two protocols:

1-1-1-1 = each dose spread out evenly throughout the day.

or

1-2-1 = the double dose (2 pills) should be taken 45 min pre workout.

With the double dose pre workout, you're likely to experience increased pumps especially towards the second bottle.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
can I take it with lecithin and omega 3. I never got that answer when I did take xfactor while ago. Also because at the LA fitness show there is a company that sells your AA with omega 3's I forget the name of the company and they said it was totally okay to mix them together.

cal62887

cal62887

Awards
  • Established
can I take it with lecithin and omega 3. I never got that answer when I did take xfactor while ago. Also because at the LA fitness show there is a company that sells your AA with omega 3's I forget the name of the company and they said it was totally okay to mix them together.
Everything in moderation is fine. In fact EFAs may even enhance and aid in the Ara's effectiveness.

What company has EFAs mixed with Ara?

Hemodraulix
IDS Mass Caps
Halodrol LG
Animal Test
ThermaPhoria

... Those are all the ones off the top of my head.. although I'm sure there are more.