silva.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
stupid fight. I'd be ****in pissed if I paid to watch that.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice hits... damnit...

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
stupid fight. I'd be ****in pissed if I paid to watch that.
Why do you say that? Just curious. I would be pissed if I paid for that whole card minus the Franca/Edgar fight.

Side note, Johnson got robbed hardcore against Burns.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
There can be no question that Anderson hits hard now. He fvcked Irvin up hard. Freaking Robdog and his don't sleep on the Sandman talk. I bet he picked Sylvia too :run:

Johnson did get screwed, but he should be able to get it overturned to a NC pretty easily I would guess.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
There can be no question that Anderson hits hard now. He fvcked Irvin up hard. Freaking Robdog and his don't sleep on the Sandman talk. I bet he picked Sylvia too :run:

Johnson did get screwed, but he should be able to get it overturned to a NC pretty easily I would guess.
You think Johnson is going to go for a NC? I would like for him to, but he didn't sound like it after the fight.

I was impressed with Silva, didn't expect for such a quick KO over Irvin. I'm more into an exciting/impressive result than a 3 round show.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
he was unreal. I would love to see him stay at 205 and star kicking a little a$$ up there

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
he was unreal. I would love to see him stay at 205 and star kicking a little a$$ up there
I think for the UFC he will change things up pretty good, but I think its going to get to the point where everybody wants to see either GSP vs Silva or GSP vs Penn. I find it kind of weird that Penn wants to fight GSP, and it just so happen that gsp and silve both are moving up.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe he's said he won't remain in the 205 class for title contention, as he and Machida are friends. After last night, he may change his opinion on that, though.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe he's said he won't remain in the 205 class for title contention, as he and Machida are friends. After last night, he may change his opinion on that, though.
agreed, I cant see to many at 205 that can beat him. Not saying Irvin was a joke by any means or is a top contender by any means either, but he looked like he didnt belong. Silva looked smooth and strong at 205. I would love to see him stay up there maybe fight Vera when he is comfortable at the weight, maybe fight Liddell after he dismantles Evans. Then I would love to see him KO forrest. I like Forrest, hell the guy has no quit in him, but Silva is too damn crisp

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, he would crush GSP I'm afraid.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
That cut was nasty under irvins eye. Silva is in a league of his own. I was hoping to see them mix it up but ****. It's like he said after the fight-"that is what happens when you try to stand with muay thai." I would love to see him stay at 205 and see him fight page, forrest, liddel, and all. It would be hard to bet against him. I just want to see him tested.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Silva looked amazing but let's not go too crazy about 205 title talks. He could probably beat all of the guys you have mentioned above, but a big powerful 205 wrestler could be a tall order for the Spider. 185 title defenses + some 205 matches with strikers is a good plan. I'd really like to see him fight (and KO) Machida, but that won't happen.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Silva looked amazing but let's not go too crazy about 205 title talks. He could probably beat all of the guys you have mentioned above, but a big powerful 205 wrestler could be a tall order for the Spider.
I'm surprised you didn't capitalize on the fact I released my death grip on GSP's babymaker above. You're slipping Ito.

:duel:

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Haha, I think you get a little too swayed by recent events and big wins, Mullet. GSP love in general went through the roof after the Serra win, but why? Serra's not an easy fight, but he's also not that great. I just try to stay level headed about these things. Go by the numbers, nerd-style :type:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, I think you get a little too swayed by recent events and big wins, Mullet. GSP love in general went through the roof after the Serra win, but why? Serra's not an easy fight, but he's also not that great. I just try to stay level headed about these things. Go by the numbers, nerd-style :type:
Maybe, I'm a bandwagoner dammit! No, seriously though, I do try and remain somewhat objective. If you remember, I never requited my GSP-love post-SERRA/GSP I; I was always there. Also, if you read my posts, I usually try and focus on his three post-Serra I wins, as markers of his new dominant style.

That being said, I do actually change my opinion on Silva/GSP. I had doubts about Silva's power, but this more or less solidified them.

Now stop pointing out my TUF-esque bandwagon jumping.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that's true. You always have supported GSP hard. I don't think too many thought that the Serra fight wasn't a fluke or just a mental issue on the part of GSP.

I guess I can see why the GSP love.

Koscheck fight - shows just how good his wrestling is
Hughes fight - shows how good his bjj is because Hughes is tough to submit post-Hallman
Serra fight - stood and traded some which he had seemed a little hesitant to do in his previous fights.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, that's true. You always have supported GSP hard. I don't think too many thought that the Serra fight wasn't a fluke or just a mental issue on the part of GSP.

I guess I can see why the GSP love.

Koscheck fight - shows just how good his wrestling is
Hughes fight - shows how good his bjj is because Hughes is tough to submit post-Hallman
Serra fight - stood and traded some which he had seemed a little hesitant to do in his previous fights.
Yeah, for sure. All three fights, to me at least, displayed a more versatile, more mature, and less vulnerable GSP. I think that's one thing people have mistaken: He fights so much more intelligently, that he has much less weaknesses than ever before, but people confuse that with timidness I feel.

Either way, I still feel (until GSP beat Fitch :lol:) that Anderson would take GSP easier than I previously thought. Haha, what am I doing with my life? I bet you $20 after GSP beats Fitch I started a thread calling GSP the Goat; even predicting him beating Crying Emo via RNC.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
did you guys see how silva caught that kick? fricken amazing and then a stright right to drop him i mean what the hell? how much power does he have i wanna know

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
did you guys see how silva caught that kick? fricken amazing and then a stright right to drop him i mean what the hell? how much power does he have i wanna know
Holy sh*t, it's Vika. Welcome back man.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
sup man been busy here in hawaii with work ,training etc etc i should be taking my next fight at the end of the year tryna get in at a ICON event but we see.

been out of the new supp loop what is some good ones out there for mma