Machida and UFC 89

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Machida and UFC 89


    the UFC website is reporting that Machida will be fighting Thiago Silva at 89, on the same card as Bisping v. Leben and Diego v. Alves. Could be a sweet card


  2. I guess you beat me by a few seconds. I'll delete my thread.

    Yeah it is stacking up to be pretty decent.
    •   
       


  3. His win over Tito was blah.

  4. Hmm, I wonder who Wand's going to fight now. Perhaps the Rampage rumor will come true. I really hope Thiago rapes Diego; I can't stand that guy.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  5. Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    His win over Tito was blah.
    Indeed...

    holy

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Hmm, I wonder who Wand's going to fight now. Perhaps the Rampage rumor will come true. I really hope Thiago rapes Diego; I can't stand that guy.
    I dont think Page will be fighting for a bit based on the arrest. I am surprised that they matched it this way, I thought for sure Wandy/THiago and Machida/Jardine

    I think Machida by another UD and Alves by destruction over Diego

  7. The Machida-Silva fight is a replacement fight for Alves-Diego. That fight is no longer on 89.

  8. where is the Alves fight going to?

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    where is the Alves fight going to?
    I guess it was never officially signed, but the rumor is the Chicago show. I'd be happy to watch that live

  10. that would be awesome. As much as I am not a diego fan, he will bring the fight and most likely get caught by an Alves knee (i.e. Karo)
    •   
       


  11. rumored from mmajunkie is another LHW fight

    Keith Jardine v. Brandon Vera

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    rumored from mmajunkie is another LHW fight

    Keith Jardine v. Brandon Vera
    Hopefully Vera's overrated and overpaid ass gets KO'd. Cant stand that frail ****er.

  13. he looked terrible this weekend, however, I think he will be better at 205 than HWY. Could be a good fight though

  14. Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    Hopefully Vera's overrated and overpaid ass gets KO'd. Cant stand that frail ****er.
    Thats hilarious how you put that

  15. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Thats hilarious how you put that
    Its the truth.......He is so overrated. He is the weakest hw ive ever seen and even at lhw he's a frail, paper-thin looking bastard. War jardine.

  16. he does look sickly, although I think he will be pretty good at 205 as a striker. However a lot of guys at 205 will have his #

  17. I got goose bumps when I read it - Machida vs Silva.

    Both men have zero losses so far in their published career - both have beaten physically stronger opponents (Machida - McDonald, Silva - H. Alexander).

    And now this dream match. I root for Machida, though I dig Silva's gestures after he has won a fight.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by SpargelJanusz View Post
    I got goose bumps when I read it - Machida vs Silva.

    Both men have zero losses so far in their published career - both have beaten physically stronger opponents (Machida - McDonald, Silva - H. Alexander).

    And now this dream match. I root for Machida, though I dig Silva's gestures after he has won a fight.
    Dream match??? That's a little bit of a stretch. They're both very talented and have a ton of potential, but they are not in the upper echelon of the LHW class, yet.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  19. Rodja, you should do a little avant or advanced research into who is upper LHW and who not

    Seriously, I think Machida can be summed up as "totally amazing", now having added Tito Ortiz to his carte d'oeuvre, Silva of course got a little lucky in the fight vs. Irvin.

    I seriously believe both would deserve a title shot, but also know that they are difficult to market (another UFC champion who can't speak english?) - that's why I can imagine it will take some time until one of them gets a title shot, possibly too long.

    But, yeah, I think both are upper LHW, Machida even worldwide top 5.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by SpargelJanusz View Post
    Rodja, you should do a little avant or advanced research into who is upper LHW and who not

    Seriously, I think Machida can be summed up as "totally amazing", now having added Tito Ortiz to his carte d'oeuvre, Silva of course got a little lucky in the fight vs. Irvin.

    I seriously believe both would deserve a title shot, but also know that they are difficult to market (another UFC champion who can't speak english?) - that's why I can imagine it will take some time until one of them gets a title shot, possibly too long.

    But, yeah, I think both are upper LHW, Machida even worldwide top 5.
    Ahhh, where to begin:
    1. Machida has beaten 1 top-10 fighter; Thiago 0
    2. A win over Tito mean a lot in 2003; these days, not so much
    3. Machida speaks English
    4. Don't question my knowledge of MMA
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  21. boy its getting awfully uncomfortable in here


    any who.....

    Rodja who would you consider better at 205 than Machida? I do agree he needs more high profile fights, but he beats who they put infront of him, and many guys seem to be keeping away from him. I mean, Hackelman even said he didnt want Chuck to take that fight.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    boy its getting awfully uncomfortable in here


    any who.....

    Rodja who would you consider better at 205 than Machida? I do agree he needs more high profile fights, but he beats who they put infront of him, and many guys seem to be keeping away from him. I mean, Hackelman even said he didnt want Chuck to take that fight.
    Shogun. Yes, I said it, despite the Forrest debacle: Shogun.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    boy its getting awfully uncomfortable in here


    any who.....

    Rodja who would you consider better at 205 than Machida? I do agree he needs more high profile fights, but he beats who they put infront of him, and many guys seem to be keeping away from him. I mean, Hackelman even said he didnt want Chuck to take that fight.
    With the right gameplan, Rampage, Forrest, Hendo, and maybe Jardine could win. The key is to press him and look for a clinch takedown. His lateral movement is too good to shoot for anyone currently at 205. I hate the guy, but I really think that Vera might be able to catch Machida with his Thai boxing. Old Shogun could probably do it, but who knows if he will ever return to form.

    Chuck would have problems with Machida because Machida throws straight punches and is more elusive than Chuck. Wand would have the same problem with the straight punches.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  24. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    With the right gameplan, Rampage, Forrest, Hendo, and maybe Jardine could win. The key is to press him and look for a clinch takedown. His lateral movement is too good to shoot for anyone currently at 205. I hate the guy, but I really think that Vera might be able to catch Machida with his Thai boxing. Old Shogun could probably do it, but who knows if he will ever return to form.

    Chuck would have problems with Machida because Machida throws straight punches and is more elusive than Chuck. Wand would have the same problem with the straight punches.
    As much as I hate to say it, I think Forrest would most likely beat him. HE is too damn big at 205, and as you said could clinch and wear him out. Old Shogun possibly, now who knows. I agree with Page and Hendo as possibilities, I dont think Jardine could do it.

    Vera would be interesting, but to be fair Vera needs more time at 205 to get used to the cut.

    See there are no definites, which does show that maybe after and if he beats Thiago, he should get a title shot.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    4. Don't question my knowledge of MMA
    lol, another armchair MMA expert - just like me.

    Machida is the future of UFC's LHW.

    No big deal to say Bellyman Chuck would have problems with Ryoto, even John Hackleman said so.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by SpargelJanusz View Post
    lol, another armchair MMA expert - just like me.

    Machida is the future of UFC's LHW.

    No big deal to say Bellyman Chuck would have problems with Ryoto, even John Hackleman said so.
    Machida should try out for the Olympic 50 yard sprint team. He runs really well, I really respect his speed.

    Better yet, Professional Dodgeball.

    However, I can't argue with his success. He's hard to beat, I just hate the guy's style. Smart fighting or Beijing Olympic Track Meet? It's a thin line and he seems to cross back & forth on it, but I think he could be the future of LHW as you mentioned

    I really can't stand Chunk Lidell either, and I think Ryoto would beat Chunk by decision. That's a lesser of two evils fight for me, but if Chunk hires a solid Sprint coach, it would be close.

    I'm just bust'n your balls. Ryoto is my roommates favorite fighter and rip on him all day about it. I really dislike Ryoto's IMO, overly cautious style.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I really can't stand Chunk Lidell either, and I think Ryoto would beat Chunk by decision. That's a lesser of two evils fight for me, but if Chunk hires a solid Sprint coach, it would be close.

    I'm just bust'n your balls. Ryoto is my roommates favorite fighter and rip on him all day about it. I really dislike Ryoto's IMO, overly cautious style.
    Who is Chunk Liddell?

  28. Quote Originally Posted by SpargelJanusz View Post
    Who is Chunk Liddell?
    Chuck Liddell's older fat brother.

  29. Chunk Liddell? Seriously? I thought we got rid of the bad name change jokes when Norris got banned. Step it up, Volcum, yuck, yuck, yuck.

  30. Its good to see our new monthly troll has showed up on time.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Machida Vs. Rua who wins and why?
    By Swaggerstick in forum MMA
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 10:55 PM
  2. UFC 104 Machida vs. Shogun
    By damwee in forum MMA
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 01:27 AM
  3. Ortiz vs Machida
    By Mulletsoldier in forum MMA
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 05:15 PM
  4. Penn v. Machida (vid)
    By TheMouth in forum MMA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 12:51 PM
  5. UFC 76: Machida vs.............
    By Beowulf in forum MMA
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Log in
Log in