Fight Biz Quote: Dana White

MMABoxing

Awards
“I don’t like him,” White said of Atencio. “If I liked him, I’d probably lay off him. The guy has an attitude problem, and I’m going to fix it for him.”

--UFC Head Dana White on Affliction chief Tom Atencio, speaking to Yahoo. Full Story:Competition sends White back to basic - MMA - Yahoo! Sports

Dana Had another quote worthy bit

“Every month it’s the new thing,” White said. “ ‘Ooooh, the IFL is going to take over the UFC,’ and all this (expletive). They had $800 million, and they had a network television deal. Their stock is at two cents, and they are gone …”

Hopefully that is just hyperbole taking over, because if Dana thinks the IFL ever had $800 million play with, I fear for the financial future of the UFC. There's a difference between an inflated stock valuation (right after the 60 Minutes piece) and the actual money they had on hand from various stock issuances and capital raises.

Dana White is the one with the attitude problem:whip:

did you look at his face when he was putting the belt around Forrest Griffin that smirk cam rite of when he got the mic and started saying ...you know ......: NOT GOOD

What do you guys think? who has the attitude problem Atencio or White?

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Dana White is an egotiscal, self serving, hypocritical, and arrogant *******. All the classic traits of a business man who rides on the coat tails of billionaires. The UFC could have had the same success with a different president if the money was still there, maybe even more so.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
No doubt. I heard someone describe it as Dana's a good wartime leader, but not a good peacetime leader. He did great at making the UFC the name of MMA in the US and eliminating competition, but he needs to STFU because he looks bad for a sport that has image problem still.