Affliction Approaching - news of Fedor

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Bisping: Fedor could be crocked | The Sun |HomePage|Sport|UFC

FEDOR EMELIANENKO has injury concerns ahead of his fight with Tim Sylvia, according to UFC superstar Michael Bisping.

Russian legend Emelianenko, 31, squares up against former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia in a fight for new MMA promotion Affliction on 19 July.

But speaking exclusively to SunSport, British star Bisping, 29, claims The Last Emperor will go into the bout with 32-year-old American Sylvia at less than full fitness.

Bisping said: “It’s going to be good to see if Fedor is still the man but I’ve heard on the grapevine from inside sources that he could be injured.

“But this is time for Fedor to step up. Everyone knows what Tim Sylvia is all about but Fedor’s had an aura about him for a long time.

“The guy was devastating in Pride but he’s had a long lay off now and his last couple of fights have been against smaller guys.

“It’ll be interesting to see if he’s still got what he had in Pride - which I’m sure he has - because the guy’s probably the best fighter in MMA history.”

Emelianenko will be the favourite going into the heavyweight clash, but Bisping warned the Russian of the threat Sylvia poses.

Bisping added: “Tim will give anyone a hard day, he’s a very, very experienced, underrated fighter and has knocked out a who’s who of MMA.

“But he’s gone a little bit stale lately – he’s trying not to lose as opposed to trying to win which has given him a boring style.

“In the past he was knocking people out left, right and centre. If he gets back to his roots and goes out like that then who knows, maybe he could surprise a lot of people.”

But Bisping admitted: “I think the fight will play out similar to when Randy Couture fought Tim Sylvia, but I’m picking Fedor to beat Tim.”

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Kind of sad...

I really don't want to see Fedor knocked out and have it blamed on an injury.

I'd say he's one of (if not THE) the best fighters out there in his weight class and he'd do some damage to anyone in the UFC, probably showing them who's who and getting some respect outside pride tournaments.

It'll really suck to see him competing at a sub-par level and maybe getting beat because of adverse conditions, and maybe losing his shot at showing and assuring the world who's really the #1 guy in that class.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm going to concede from society if Fedor loses to Tim.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Oh well, this events a joke compared to what Yamma 2 will no doubt offer. :cool:

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
This is just a rumor.

Fedor has fought with injuries before.

Most of the time his cryogenic cyber chasis (CCC v. 6.7) just needs some extra lube.

War Few-Door

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
pitt6691 MMA 1
MMA 28
elscotto MMA 70
MMA 37
MrBrightside General Chat 57