Ufc 89

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is the next card in London, and is supposed to be a free one, no PPV.

THe main event right now is Mike Bisping v. Chris Leben, however the next fight in the works is pretty awesome:
Thiago Alves v. Diego Sanchez. I think we will see Diego get stopped for the first time

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thiago has been on a roll lately and I hope he beats the sh!t out of Diego.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont think Diego has anything for him. I mean, he dominated both Karo and a muchb older Hughes, but has been dominant for a bit. I think he is too athletic for Diego.

Also, I think Alves is the only one with a chance at 170 to beat GSP

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont think Diego has anything for him. I mean, he dominated both Karo and a muchb older Hughes, but has been dominant for a bit. I think he is too athletic for Diego.

Also, I think Alves is the only one with a chance at 170 to beat GSP
A very slim one at that. Rumor has it that a BJ/GSP rematch is in the works.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A very slim one at that. Rumor has it that a BJ/GSP rematch is in the works.
I have been hearing that as well. Once GSP dispatches of Fitch, which he will and in quick fashion, I think it will be BJ v GSP. There is no one at 155 that will be able to deal with BJ so he might as well move up. The FLorian/Huerta winner stands no chance imo.

Not sure who I take in BJ v. GSP. If it is the motivated BJ, I think he wins, however, if it is the out of shape BJ, GSP wins. Looking forward to that fight

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It would be a wise idea because there is such little competition at the top of the LW, WW, MW, and HW divisions in the UFC now. Hell, outside of a healthy Shogun and Wand, there really isn't too much in LHW either.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It would be a wise idea because there is such little competition at the top of the LW, WW, MW, and HW divisions in the UFC now. Hell, outside of a healthy Shogun and Wand, there really isn't too much in LHW either.
it is going to depend on if Franklin's move up is permanent as well as Andersons. Personally I would like to see both move up permanently, have GSP move to 185 and Penn to 170. Change the landscape a bit and open it all up. Also, nevber let Sherk fight again, he is too damn boring.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My completely shameless Canadian nuthuggery forces me to pick GSP. Luckily my instincts say the same thing anyway.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah tickets go on sale in 3 days here in the UK, usually about 20 guys from my club go but £125 for decent seats and no belt match ups we aint bothering this time around.

I can see bisping being stopped if he gets caught up in trading with leban and sanchez will pick alves apart.

Come on moby add some more solid fights!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I could see Bisping losing, but I dont see anything Diego has for Alves. I give Diego credit, he has a hell of a motor, but beating Fioravanti is different than Alves

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah tickets go on sale in 3 days here in the UK, usually about 20 guys from my club go but £125 for decent seats and no belt match ups we aint bothering this time around.

I can see bisping being stopped if he gets caught up in trading with leban and sanchez will pick alves apart.

Come on moby add some more solid fights!
Diego seems to like to stand lately when that's not his best place to take the fight. He's improved his standup a lot, but I think he's in trouble against Alves.

Alves-Kos would be a better future #1 contender match IMO.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
Blazin604 MMA 7
Apsmith4992 General Chat 19
Aleksandar37 MMA 8
bighulksmash MMA 7