CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I got:

1. Fedor (Must win Sylvia fight)
2. BJ Penn (Must defend belt)
3. GSP (Must beat fitch)
4. Anderson Silva (Must beat Irvin)
5. Machida/Rampage (Barely, has to win against next opponent)

Honorable Mentions: Uriah Faber, Kid Yamamoto, Miguel Torres, Big Nog

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I'm not 100% sold on Kid. He had some nice wins in '05 but has fought a lot of guys with losing records or with no experience. He did beat Yahya not too long ago but looked bad in that fight and got the KO by an illegal kick I thought.

Anyone seen his fight with Thomson? I know it ended in an NC, but Thomson must have looked enormous next to him. Who was winning before it ended?

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I'm not 100% sold on Kid. He had some nice wins in '05 but has fought a lot of guys with losing records or with no experience. He did beat Yahya not too long ago but looked bad in that fight and got the KO by an illegal kick I thought.

Anyone seen his fight with Thomson? I know it ended in an NC, but Thomson must have looked enormous next to him. Who was winning before it ended?

I don't know but I'd like to see the fight.

You like the rest of the list then?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

Yeah, Thomson looked like a lhw in there next to Kid. From what I remember Thomson was winning, but it was close. Better yet, Heavies has provided a link.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I don't know but I'd like to see the fight.

You like the rest of the list then?
You have the right guys IMO, but I'd probably permute the order as follows:

1 Anderson
2 GSP
3 BJ
4 Fedor
5 Rampage

Notes: Anderson has actively cleaned out 3 top 5 MWs as well as Lutter and Leben so he's number 1. Fedor hops to #1 automatically with a win over Tim. He's #4 due to inactivity and not fighting top comp. BJ's looked great, but you never when he'll get lazy. He only has 3 straight wins so he's 3rd. Page is a ? to me. He's been inactive and needs to show that he can handle a good Thai clinch. Vera/Wand/Shogun would all be good eventual tests. Machida hasn't beat a top 5 guy yet so he's not on the list. Faber could be argued into the #5 spot IMO.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fedor
Anderson
Rampage
GSP
BJ

On a side note, you really have to feel for Big Nog. He has never been finished, has the heart of a warrior, but he will always be known as the guy that couldn't beat Fedor.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Thomson looked like a lhw in there next to Kid. From what I remember Thomson was winning, but it was close. Better yet, Heavies has provided a link.
Actually, Kid was dominating. Thanks for the link, Heavies.

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
1. BJ
2. Anderson Silva
3. AA
4. Machita
5. Fedor

I must say that AA is my favorite fighter and would love to see him in a stand up war against Fedor.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1. Fedya
2. GSP
3. Penn
4. Silva
5. JZ

I don't care if JZ lost to Aoki, I still think he's the ****.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
You have the right guys IMO, but I'd probably permute the order as follows:

1 Anderson
2 GSP
3 BJ
4 Fedor
5 Rampage

Notes: Anderson has actively cleaned out 3 top 5 MWs as well as Lutter and Leben so he's number 1. Fedor hops to #1 automatically with a win over Tim. He's #4 due to inactivity and not fighting top comp. BJ's looked great, but you never when he'll get lazy. He only has 3 straight wins so he's 3rd. Page is a ? to me. He's been inactive and needs to show that he can handle a good Thai clinch. Vera/Wand/Shogun would all be good eventual tests. Machida hasn't beat a top 5 guy yet so he's not on the list. Faber could be argued into the #5 spot IMO.

Point taken, however, Anderson was a king in the weakest division. GSP is the king in the strongest division.

GSP > Anderson

The rest are debatable. Fedor get's #1 because of the competition he's fought, but I will admit it all hinges on a win against Sylvia.

BJ Penn P4P is #2 because P4P he almost beat machida... that's insane. He can go up 2-3 weigh classes and beat most of the top 10 guys.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
GSP also lost only like 1 year ago and has not defended the belt yet.

OT, is there a stream of strikeforce anywhere?

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
1. Fedor
2. GSP
3. Penn
4. A. Silva
5. Big Nog/Rampage/Faber

heavies

heavies

Awards
  • Established
Well everyone has weighed in, and I like all the listings thus far; mine are a little different...

1. Royce Gracie
2. Randy Couture
3. Fedor
4. Dan Henderson
5. BJ Penn

Somewhere in my mind, Rampage, Matt Hughes, GSP, Faber, Kid, Nog, Gomi, Frye, Miletich, Lindland, Filho, Trigg, Wandi, it goes on and on... these are in no apparent order.

****Edit I must mention Condit, and Torres also*******

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
GSP also lost only like 1 year ago and has not defended the belt yet.

OT, is there a stream of strikeforce anywhere?
That's the truth. Even so, I think the reasoning for him over Anderson is still strong. It'll be decided with a win (if) over Fitch.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well everyone has weighed in, and I like all the listings thus far; mine are a little different...

1. Royce Gracie
2. Randy Couture
3. Fedor
4. Dan Henderson
5. BJ Penn

Somewhere in my mind, Rampage, Matt Hughes, GSP, Faber, Kid, Nog, Gomi, Frye, Miletich, Lindland, Filho, Trigg, Wandi, it goes on and on... these are in no apparent order.

Please, leave this forum.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established

1. Royce Gracie
2. Randy Couture
3. Fedor
4. Dan Henderson
5. BJ Penn

Jesus man, thats garbage. The only people who belong there(other thank the ones that you listed later) are Fedor and Penn. Condit, please. Condit?.............Condit? Goddamn dog.

heavies

heavies

Awards
  • Established
Jesus man, thats garbage. The only people who belong there(other thank the ones that you listed later) are Fedor and Penn. Condit, please. Condit?.............Condit? Goddamn dog.
I put Condit as a worthy mention

heavies

heavies

Awards
  • Established
I knew people were going to talk sh!t. Let me break it down for you, especially for you Rodja you d!ckless wonder. I will say what I want and I don't give a sh!t what you think or any of your little groupies thinks. I think you are a self-conscious prick, and I can tell you psychologically anyone that feels they must put their degree in their signature is a freaking idiot. Upon looking at your weak and meaningless degree I will help you make the logical connection, becuase clearly you are dumber than a box of rocks. The goddamn question asked for PERSONAL TOP 5 you stupid fvck! So shut your goddamn d!ck suck.

heavies

heavies

Awards
  • Established
Randy Couture champion in 2 weight classes
Dan Henderson same
Royce Gracie father of UFC would fight anyone

Now shut the fvck up

I mention the others because I wanted to

you guys are d!cks there is just no two ways about it...

heavies

heavies

Awards
  • Established
B.S. Exercise and Sports Science (M.Ed. in progress), NSCA-CPT, Pro MMA
What a joke your kidding right???

Let me tell you something else, I know what your up to, and this is last time I let your wannbe ass get me pissed off.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Randy Couture champion in 2 weight classes
Dan Henderson same
Royce Gracie father of UFC would fight anyone

Now shut the fvck up

I mention the others because I wanted to

you guys are d!cks there is just no two ways about it...
Royce is one of the main reasons that MMA is what it is today, but how the hell is he top 5 p4p fighter? He is terribly one dimensional.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
1. Fedor
2. Anderson
3. Penn
4. GSP
5. Nog

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Actually, Kid was dominating. Thanks for the link, Heavies.
Dominating? Haven't seen the fight in 4 years, but I don't remember any domination going on. That was a nice event. I have it on DVD, but with no sound.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Dominating? Haven't seen the fight in 4 years, but I don't remember any domination going on. That was a nice event. I have it on DVD, but with no sound.
He got a bunch of TDs and was landing a lot of punches. Thomson basically had done nothing offensively. Of course you have the DVD. Are you excited that the UFC is coming out with action figures? :lol:

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Heavies meant greatest of all time, I assume.

Heavies, have you fought professionally?

heavies

heavies

Awards
  • Established
Royce is one of the main reasons that MMA is what it is today, but how the hell is he top 5 p4p fighter? He is terribly one dimensional.
Here's my logic.

If someone weighs 185 and fights and beats 5 people in the 185 division that is a total weight of 925 lbs. Now if an opposing fighter beats 2 in 185 and 3 in 205, his total weight 985 lbs. Therefore by his weight fighter one is 5:1 whereas fighter two is 5.32:1 so P4P fighter 2 is the best. That's how I came up with my list.

An alternate could be to sum the weights of all wins as positive and losses as negative and then divide by total weight, that would render the best P4P fighter as well, if weight was being used.

Otherwise the listings are subjective.

Gracie was 1D, but he fought anybody, so P4P I mean I don't know how you guys operate.... Ask Rodja he's getting his Masters in Education....

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
He got a bunch of TDs and was landing a lot of punches. Thomson basically had done nothing offensively. Of course you have the DVD. Are you excited that the UFC is coming out with action figures? :lol:
For some reason I'm not into the action figures. I didn't even purchase the Fedor one, which has a hilarious smirk on his face.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Here's my logic.

If someone weighs 185 and fights and beats 5 people in the 185 division that is a total weight of 925 lbs. Now if an opposing fighter beats 2 in 185 and 3 in 205, his total weight 985 lbs. Therefore by his weight fighter one is 5:1 whereas fighter two is 5.32:1 so P4P fighter 2 is the best. That's how I came up with my list.

An alternate could be to sum the weights of all wins as positive and losses as negative and then divide by total weight, that would render the best P4P fighter as well, if weight was being used.

Gracie was 1D, but he fought anybody, so P4P I mean I don't know how you guys operate.... Ask Rodja he's getting his Masters in Education....
If I start competing in MMA and line up a slew up sumo guys to fight, and I destroy them all, will I be your p4p #1? I plan on fvcking up Zuluzhino and Akebeno just for starters. Then I'll see if Yarbrough is interested in coming out of retirement. I'm going to ridge hand his fat a$$ unconscious.

heavies

heavies

Awards
  • Established
If I start competing in MMA and line up a slew up sumo guys to fight, and I destroy them all, will I be your p4p #1? I plan on fvcking up Zuluzhino and Akebeno just for starters. Then I'll see if Yarbrough is interested in coming out of retirement. I'm going to ridge hand his fat a$$ unconscious.

That is hilarious. I guess that would be an exploitation of my system, obviously you don't stack the deck...

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Here's my logic.

:jaw: Damn, I was trying to defend you a little since you seemed to know what you were talking about in the jab thread, but this is ridiculous. Do you understand what P4P means? All rankings will always be subjective when fighters haven't fought each other. Your system doesn't take losses or the quality of the wins into account. Royce has fought what twice in the last 5 years going 1-1. Hell, Fedor's fought some ginormous guys lately, Hunt, HMC, Zulu so he would have to #1 based on your logic.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What a joke your kidding right???

Let me tell you something else, I know what your up to, and this is last time I let your wannbe ass get me pissed off.
The only thing I am up to is pointing out how horrible your choices are.

Name a relevant fighter that Royce has defeated, hell he is not even the best in his family at anything.

heavies

heavies

Awards
  • Established
:jaw: Damn, I was trying to defend you a little since you seemed to know what you were talking about in the jab thread, but this is ridiculous. Do you understand what P4P means? All rankings will always be subjective when fighters haven't fought each other. Your system doesn't take losses or the quality of the wins into account. Royce has fought what twice in the last 5 years going 1-1. Hell, Fedor's fought some ginormous guys lately, Hunt, HMC, Zulu so he would have to #1 based on your logic.
I based quality of win in my classification, I was just giving the underlying rule of P4P. i.e. Fedor vs Hong Man Choi come on the guy was huge but he just kept handing Fedor his arm from above.

I know more about actually fighting than sitting around talking about it...

It was my list and I don't care who approves it.

My main P4P argument really defends guys who have wins or titles in different weight classes.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I liked my response better. You've become pretty offensive lately. Have you been roiding with Joey and the Jakked Hardcore Crew?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I'm on the Vitor stack. I started my own crew called Jakkked Hardkore. It's 2 k's badder and Schoon is in it. :lol:

No, actually I've been pretty nice lately. Rodja and Rob were going after him more, and I was playing peacekeeper to some extent, but that could only last so long ;)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I knew people were going to talk sh!t. Let me break it down for you, especially for you Rodja you d!ckless wonder. I will say what I want and I don't give a sh!t what you think or any of your little groupies thinks. I think you are a self-conscious prick, and I can tell you psychologically anyone that feels they must put their degree in their signature is a freaking idiot. Upon looking at your weak and meaningless degree I will help you make the logical connection, becuase clearly you are dumber than a box of rocks. The goddamn question asked for PERSONAL TOP 5 you stupid fvck! So shut your goddamn d!ck suck.
glad to see you mastered the english language. How can one shut a d!ck suck? Just curious

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
#1 Anderson
#2 BJ
#3 GSP
#4 Fedor (needs to beat Tim)
#5 Page/Faber/Torres

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Then it would be fedor because of zulu and hong man.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Just thought I would check. Also, please explain to me how someone is psychologically an idiot?

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
AM Top 5 P4P:

1. CryingEmo (no explaination nessasary)
2. Rodja (Rodja's been known to roll on the ground with sweaty men every now and again.)
3. Jas (Jas is a weakling, but he talks a big game)
4. ReaperX (because Repears were the bad guys in Mass Effect)
5. MulletSoldier (someone who has a mullet will F you up)

Dishonorable mention: Alexander

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
AM Top 5 P4P:

1. CryingEmo (no explaination nessasary)
2. Rodja (Rodja's been known to roll on the ground with sweaty men every now and again.)
3. Jas (Jas is a weakling, but he talks a big game)
4. ReaperX (because Repears were the bad guys in Mass Effect)
5. MulletSoldier (someone who has a mullet will F you up)

Dishonorable mention: Alexander
b.s. where am I?