Rodja's MMA Career V 2.0

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Remember that hiatus idea that I toyed with a few months back? Yeah, well that has been scrapped and tossed away. I'm coming back to the cage on July 26th in Austin and then August 23 in Corpus Christi. I always keep myself at what I like to call 2 round shape, but I have been hitting it very hard the past 10 days to gear up for these. I am already able to finish 5, 5 minute conditioning rounds and my strength/weight are in great condition. I am starting my month out prep and am relatively injury free for the time being.

I guess it's time to cue up the storm again...

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
Remember that hiatus idea that I toyed with a few months back? Yeah, well that has been scrapped and tossed away. I'm coming back to the cage on July 26th in Austin and then August 23 in Corpus Christi. I always keep myself at what I like to call 2 round shape, but I have been hitting it very hard the past 10 days to gear up for these. I am already able to finish 5, 5 minute conditioning rounds and my strength/weight are in great condition. I am starting my month out prep and am relatively injury free for the time being.

I guess it's time to cue up the storm again...
So whats your record?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Good luck to you! Kick some a$$!

Are any of these televised by any chance?

jcross

Awards
Yeah I need to get my ass in gear too. Aug 23 Robstown better watch out

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Are you fighting at 170 then? Good luck with the return and training.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Good luck man, your AM fan base will be cheering for you!

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For us NOOBS lol explain your background etc please good sir

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
If you need an overly excited corner man, I'm there. Good luck man. Are you going to do a thread on your training leading up to the fight? I'm drunk, just so you know.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you need an overly excited corner man, I'm there. Good luck man. Are you going to do a thread on your training leading up to the fight? I'm drunk, just so you know.
After I finish my XF log this week, I will start a log. Oh, and thanks for rubbing in the drunk thing. The only part I hate about fight prep is cutting out my precious alcohol. I can't even get drunk on my bday because of the fight(s). I will probably make an exception for the Affliction card, though.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
After I finish my XF log this week, I will start a log. Oh, and thanks for rubbing in the drunk thing. The only part I hate about fight prep is cutting out my precious alcohol. I can't even get drunk on my bday because of the fight(s). I will probably make an exception for the Affliction card, though.
How did the XF treat you? I know you won't bullsh*t. You must make an exception for the Affliction card. Just make sure you go to bed hydrated.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How did the XF treat you? I know you won't bullsh*t. You must make an exception for the Affliction card. Just make sure you go to bed hydrated.
This is my second XF run and both have been solid. I have gained strength and slashed some BF. I am extremely impressed this time because I have not been eating and resting enough to warrant this kind of progress.

The Affliction card is gonna rock and I will have my Poseidon and M-B12 pin ready to go before and after the event.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good luck man, we are all rootin for you. give us a glimpse of how the training is going as you go along

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
This is my second XF run and both have been solid. I have gained strength and slashed some BF. I am extremely impressed this time because I have not been eating and resting enough to warrant this kind of progress.

The Affliction card is gonna rock and I will have my Poseidon and M-B12 pin ready to go before and after the event.

What mechanism of XF do you attribute gains to? I know it causes inflamation, but does your body respond to the inflamation in a more favorable way, devoting more resources to repair micro-skeletal muscle tears?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What mechanism of XF do you attribute gains to? I know it causes inflamation, but does your body respond to the inflamation in a more favorable way, devoting more resources to repair micro-skeletal muscle tears?
The increase in inflammation causes some fantastic nutrient repartitioning. I don't get the crazy DOMS that some get, but the soreness/pain lingers for much longer. When I had to withdraw from my fight in May, it was because the XF amplified every bump and bruise I got along the way.

My theory is that it causes more microtrauma, thus requiring the body to shift its resources to repair of the fascia. Subsequently, the body has an extra stimulus for hypertrophy on not only a sarcoplasmic level, but also on the myofibrillar level. I have had steady gains on all major compound lifts (deads +20, dips +10, push-press +45), which is still my main goal. Not too sure about mass gains, but I attribute that to a failure on my part from not eating sufficient calories. On my first run, I gained about 7 lbs of LBM and lost 4 lbs of BF.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
The increase in inflammation causes some fantastic nutrient repartitioning. I don't get the crazy DOMS that some get, but the soreness/pain lingers for much longer. When I had to withdraw from my fight in May, it was because the XF amplified every bump and bruise I got along the way.

My theory is that it causes more microtrauma, thus requiring the body to shift its resources to repair of the fascia. Subsequently, the body has an extra stimulus for hypertrophy on not only a sarcoplasmic level, but also on the myofibrillar level. I have had steady gains on all major compound lifts (deads +20, dips +10, push-press +45), which is still my main goal. Not too sure about mass gains, but I attribute that to a failure on my part from not eating sufficient calories. On my first run, I gained about 7 lbs of LBM and lost 4 lbs of BF.
That's amazing. It would also seem you could up your protein intake to facillitate more gains with the extra truama occuring.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's amazing. It would also seem you could up your protein intake to facillitate more gains with the extra truama occuring.
Looking back, I wish I would have taken 3g of leucine at 3-4 meals to facilitate more growth/recovery. I take 20g of BCAAs before I train, but some extra protein synthesis never hurt. I'll be done with that log on Monday and then I will start a fight prep log. I'm placing an order at NP as we speak to get everything lined up. So far, I have Xtend, WMS, and leucine to add to my stash of AP, P-Slin, and Drive. This shall be very fun.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Looking back, I wish I would have taken 3g of leucine at 3-4 meals to facilitate more growth/recovery. I take 20g of BCAAs before I train, but some extra protein synthesis never hurt. I'll be done with that log on Monday and then I will start a fight prep log. I'm placing an order at NP as we speak to get everything lined up. So far, I have Xtend, WMS, and leucine to add to my stash of AP, P-Slin, and Drive. This shall be very fun.

I just got some Xtend in. I've been using 1.5 servings 3x a day in between meals, because I'm cutting.

Once I go back to carbs, I will start adding AP back in.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just got some Xtend in. I've been using 1.5 servings 3x a day in between meals, because I'm cutting.

Once I go back to carbs, I will start adding AP back in.
I'm going to go back up to 450g of carbs/day. I figure 3 AP and 1 PSlin will cause some serious nutrient repartitioning and I am going to be training my ass off as well. Hell, I might even need to add in more carbs if this proves to be too potent.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to go back up to 450g of carbs/day. I figure 3 AP and 1 PSlin will cause some serious nutrient repartitioning and I am going to be training my ass off as well. Hell, I might even need to add in more carbs if this proves to be too potent.

Yeah bro, I'm at <30 carbs a day right now. When I start eating carbs again, I don't plan on going above 100-150, and slowly work my way up if needed. On non activity days, I'll do the <30 carbs though. Not only though, I'm in a 1500 calorie defecit everyday, and I'm basically eating chicken, fish oils, and spinach and some whey. That's it, and I've done it for the last 30 days. I'm starting to go mentally crazy.

By the way, how do you time and dose your AP's and P-slins?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah bro, I'm at <30 carbs a day right now. When I start eating carbs again, I don't plan on going above 100-150, and slowly work my way up if needed. On non activity days, I'll do the <30 carbs though. Guess I'll play it by ear.

I take an AP before breakfast, post-lifting, and after condtioning/MMA training. Times on that would be roughly 7 AM, 3 PM, and 7 PM. PSlin I take at about 1 PM. Each of these meals contains ~80g of carbs with a 55:25 mix of complex:simple.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Yeah bro, I'm at <30 carbs a day right now. When I start eating carbs again, I don't plan on going above 100-150, and slowly work my way up if needed. On non activity days, I'll do the <30 carbs though. Not only though, I'm in a 1500 calorie defecit everyday, and I'm basically eating chicken, fish oils, and spinach and some whey. That's it, and I've done it for the last 30 days. I'm starting to go mentally crazy.

Christ I couldnt go that low with my carbs. I probably take in about 550g a day, mostly complex (unless its burrito day then its more like 800g). Thank god for Pslin and A pump.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Christ I couldnt go that low with my carbs. I probably take in about 550g a day, mostly complex (unless its burrito day then its more like 800g). Thank god for Pslin and A pump.
I thought everyday was burrito day for you.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fvck ya. Speaking of adderall a new retard came into the store yesterday and told me he uses adderall to keep his 6 pack. :toofunny:
It never ends. I'm guessing he weighed 170 tops.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
How is adderall when it comes to studying?

Say I wanted to study the X-guard for 10 hours. Adderall?

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
It never ends. I'm guessing he weighed 170 tops.
About that. Another poor bastard who doesnt put on size/strength because he is too worried about keeping his 6 pack, thus he will weigh 170 for the rest of his life. However, he wasnt nearly as bad as the 140 lber who put his mug on me last week.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
About that. Another poor bastard who doesnt put on size/strength because he is too worried about keeping his 6 pack, thus he will weigh 170 for the rest of his life. However, he wasnt nearly as bad as the 140 lber who put his mug on me last week.
Or the d-bag that trains with Deuce.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't care, it's just funny how it went from my upcoming fights to food to retards to adderall in the same thread.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established

Damn, that doesn't sound pleasant at all. I guess it's one that you use when you don't have a competition/fight coming up. I've considered using XF before but it had gotten mixed reviews from what I saw.

Emo, are you on cycle? It seems like a 1500 deficit is a recipe for a serious LBM loss otherwise. <30g of carbs per day is insane! I get hypoglycemic if I go 3 hours without carbs. I'm pretty laid back normally, but will flip out over trivial sh1t without carbs. I'd probably punch a 6 yo girl for stepping on my foot if I went 5 hours without carbs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rodja Supplement Logs 41
Rodja Workout Logs 141
Rodja Supplement Logs 71
Rodja Workout Logs 46
Rodja Workout Logs 53