Dream is on this morning (4am EST) On HDNET!

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
Just a reminder. Come, watch Saku pwn Melvin like the nub that he is!

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Manhoef will destroy him. Saku is no Akiyama. :twisted:

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Akiyama's really growing on me. Check out Genghis Con's video on Akiyama-Misaki sometime. I didn't realize how much everyone in Japan hated the dude. For some reason I really seem to like the dudes everyone hates like Hughes, Akiyama, Karo, Sherk, and maybe Marquardt after his last fight.

I was actually slurring like crazy last night. Haven't been there in a while. Massive hangover today :sick: Sucks getting old...

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I've seen the genghis vid, it is good, as usual. I'd love to see that rematch and would take Akiyama, of course. Dude is hated beyond belief. It was cool at the end of the vid when Misaki tells Akiyama to fight for the children and quit being a pretentious b*tch. Not sure if that's the case, but it was a good moment, and probably true to some extent, as Misaki seems like the real deal. If you like these horrible Hughes types, how do you not enjoy Rev X/Diaz, they are the kings of horribleness. I guess it's just a matter of taste or being able to seperate the humor from the retardation.

Getting old is a b*tch. You must turn 30 really soon? I feel like my organs are 60 but my muscles, tendons, etc are 20. Anything notable that Poly did last night?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that was classic - fight for the children.

I honestly think Hughes is funny in an a-hole way sometimes like when he told GSP he'd teach him the escape to an armbar on TUF. I was rolling. He ate his words of course. I like Akiyama because he's entertaining and cocky in a funny way it seems. I saw some clip of him singing on a Japanese talk show and he was all pimped out and thought he was sweet. It just made me laugh. I enjoy Nick somewhat, but can't listen to him talk for very long or I get irratated because he can hardly put a sentence together.

I also really like illegal slams like spiking for some reason. I was fired up by Nate's piledriver. It seems messed up, and I'd never want to see a serious injury, but it seems like you shouldn't let a dude pick you up like that in the first place.

Poly was rattling off bad jokes a plenty and I was ripping on everyone I was with like I was 21 again. I'm not meant to be unfiltered, I guess.

I hit 30 at the end of the summer, but most people actually think I'm 22-24. Maybe it's cause I'm in a college town. I feel like I'm tightening up a little as I get older and my knees worry me.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Man, I love slams and spikings, they should be legal, imo. Hope pvssy a$$ Norris doesn't see this. Like you said, don't let yourself get lifted like that, cling on or something. It's just so exciting you'd have to be crazy not to enjoy it. If someonw were to get badly injured due to it, I might change my tune.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I remember in Tito-Frank, Tito has his back and starts to pick him up for the suplex. As he's being lifted, Frank wraps his legs around one of Tito's legs so that he can't be slammed. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen to react that quickly. Anyway, yeah defend it or get faceplanted IMO.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Im watching it right now. Nervous about the Sak fight. I really dont want to see him catch a horrible beating.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
All the major Dream fights are up at mmatko.com or mmaroot.com

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
True, I just don't like to see saku lose.
Yeah, it is truely painful to watch. I hate to see him retire after a beating like that, but it is time. What a great fighter and character he has been. By far one of MMA's greatest ambassadors.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Aoki's gogo from the mount is nasty. Overeem's combo was devastating, he looks huge nowadays, probably 240ish.

The MW semi's are shaping up nicely. I'd like to see:
Jacare vs Melvin
Moussasi vs Galesic

The LW semi's were decided.

Uno vs Aoki
Kawajiri vs Alvarez

I'd like to see Aoki vs Kawajiri in the finals.

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
Overeem looks like a flipping beast. I hope the CC fight works out.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Aoki's gogo was slick as hell. He's done that once before, but I can't remember if it was in MMA or some grappling tourney.

Jacare looked pretty good, but gassed a little in round 2. His striking is decent when he's set up, but in scrambling striking situation he looks a little lost. Manhoef would eat him up in that situation but get destroyed on the ground obviously. Mayhem's got great sub defense for sure.

Manhoef pounded Saku. No surprise to me, but at least they stopped it before he took too much punishment. We don't need another Arona-Saku.

Mousasi dominated. He's good all around. It seems like he let Sik set up the near "dongbar" a little too easily, though. Slick escape.

Galesic-Kin was great if you like that "Scarred" show....

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Aoki's gogo from the mount is nasty. Overeem's combo was devastating, he looks huge nowadays, probably 240ish.

The MW semi's are shaping up nicely. I'd like to see:
Jacare vs Melvin
Moussasi vs Galesic

The LW semi's were decided.

Uno vs Aoki
Kawajiri vs Alvarez

I'd like to see Aoki vs Kawajiri in the finals.
Yeah, that's what I wanna see in the MW tourney. I think Jacare-Melvin is really 50/50. I don't think Galesic is that good at all. Mousasi beats him with ease.

I think Alvarez beats Kawajiri, but yeah Aoki should win for sure.

How about Overeem-CC and Sergei-Hunt?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seriously, a gogo from mount!?!?!?!? That may be the greatest thing I've ever seen in a fight except for the flying scissor heel hook by Ryo.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Jacare could be insanely good if his striking comes to fruition.

1-2 years.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that's what I wanna see in the MW tourney. I think Jacare-Melvin is really 50/50. I don't think Galesic is that good at all. Mousasi beats him with ease.

I think Alvarez beats Kawajiri, but yeah Aoki should win for sure.

How about Overeem-CC and Sergei-Hunt?
I haven't heard sh*t about the HW's in Dream. Maybe Robdog knows, he seems to have some connections.

Alvarez/Kawajiri should be a hell of a fight. I'm rooting for Kawajiri. I don't like Alvarez's manscaping. I don't see Galesic having anything for Mousasi either.