Wanderlei Silva autograph signing June 18th.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday June 18th Wanderlei will be in Los Angeles signing autographs. It is at the Direct Tv building across from LAX. Public is free to come meet the Axe Murderer.

June18th
2230 E Imperial Hwy, El Segundo, CA .

time 12pm-2pm

Fairly short notice, but in case some of you are in the area I guess. I'll be there!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Just rub it in a little more...
Fuel up your hybrid and cruise on up there, its probably only a 20 hour drive. I'm not nearly the fan of the Rua bros. as you are of Wand, but they were less than a mile from my house 2 years ago doing a seminar. I retardedly got hammered beyond belief and slept through half of the next day, missing the entire seminar. Had it been Fedor I surely wouldn't have let that happen.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shogun is doing a seminar a few hours away from me and I'm thinking about going to it. If for nothing else, I can get a picture with him.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Wanderlei is going as far as Afghanistan, i'm sure he'll be in Texas in the near future.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
..he has a myspace..................uh huhuh huhuhuh huhuhuh

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Thought I would update for the few Wanderlei fans on this site.

Wand was a very humble dude. Talked to everyone, shook hands and took pictures. He went down the line rather than the line having to go to him taking pictures and talking to each fan there. He signed autographs on his way back to the head of the line.

This autograph signing was low key. He mentioned going to El Segundo in his Brazilian blog, and posted a bulletin on his myspace with the details. Therefore, there weren't too many people there, about 40 total.

Take home message? Add Wanderlei to your Myspace! Here's a pic I got. He answered 4 questions I had: 1. He's fighting in Dec, doesn't know who. 2. His clothing line will be in the US hopefully within a month. 3. He said his height makes it very difficult in this weight class. 4. He's spending a month in Brazil, so no Afghanistan this time. It was really cool of him, the guy spent time with everyone there. He called about 3 fans and wished one a happy birthday.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Nice pic! Wand has always seemed like a really cool guy to his fans, and this just proves it.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Jas the man is awesome. I got a quick vid on my camera, this is how he was the whole time.

Rodja what is going to piss you off is that I have a group of friends that claim to be MMA fans and neither wanted to go, I made the 4 hour trip solo. I have all the confidence in the world that as long as you are a fan and he is training in the US, you will get the chance to meet him.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have no idea how badly I want to meet him. I want to meet him so badly. When he fought Chuck, I cried because I couldn't take the loss.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
It was the Cro Cop fight that did it to me. Hendo I thought was a fluke, until I found out how sick he was. Chuck made me buy ice cream and call it a night, though that loss meant a lot.

Maybe we should get a petition going to get Wandy over to Texas. Rodja has a big enough fan base on here already. This could eventually work.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It was the Cro Cop fight that did it to me. Hendo I thought was a fluke, until I found out how sick he was. Chuck made me buy ice cream and call it a night, though that loss meant a lot.

Maybe we should get a petition going to get Wandy over to Texas. Rodja has a big enough fan base on here already. This could eventually work.
It's either that or I'm gonna have to fly to Vegas. Can't wait to see him fight in December, even though that is way too long of a gap in fights.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
He's pretty firm about fighting in December. "A principio quero voltar a lutar somente em Dezembro, pois será o maior evento do ano e até lá já estarei pronto denovo." He believes it to be the biggest event of the year. But who could he be fighting in December? It's not Chuck, Rampage, or Griffin. Thiago Silva would be a disappointment and step down IMO. Machida would be the best fit, and i'm hoping it's not Shogun. A win against Machida would equal a title shot or Liddell 2.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He's pretty firm about fighting in December. "A principio quero voltar a lutar somente em Dezembro, pois será o maior evento do ano e até lá já estarei pronto denovo." He believes it to be the biggest event of the year. But who could he be fighting in December? It's not Chuck, Rampage, or Griffin. Thiago Silva would be a disappointment and step down IMO. Machida would be the best fit, and i'm hoping it's not Shogun. A win against Machida would equal a title shot or Liddell 2.
He won't fight Shogun and Thiago is the hot rumor. Machida would be a good fit stylistically and there really isn't much beyond that. Maybe Soko...

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
He won't fight Shogun and Thiago is the hot rumor. Machida would be a good fit stylistically and there really isn't much beyond that. Maybe Soko...
I dunno, he was ready to fight Shogun in 2005 if it came down to it.

Is it just me or does Thiago kinda remind you of an oversized Ninja Rua in slow motion?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Is it just me or does Thiago kinda remind you of an oversized Ninja Rua in slow motion?
Except that Thiago wins his fights.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established

If it came down to it it was going to be a work with Wandy winning. Both Wandy and Shogun have spoken about it.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
If it came down to it it was going to be a work with Wandy winning. Both Wandy and Shogun have spoken about it.
I believe it. I don't understand, it seemed like Wandy vs Shogun was inevitable until Wand lost to Arona. I would think they'd fix Wand vs Arona to set up the Shogun Wandy fight.

I don't know, sucks that Pride asked that of their fighters.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Met Wandy at the Arnold 2 years ago. Got a pic and autograph. Dude was at his booth all day signing, and this was after taking the Henderson beating. His face was still busted up, and half the people in line had no idea who he was. To me, all of this said a lot about the type of person he is.