UFC says something BIG is coming...

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Wickedrebel View Post
    LOL you guys are cracking me up.. Sounds like a bunch of school gurls fighting over a guy..

You're next!!!!111

2. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    exactly how does 1 guy signing determine the direction of the UFC for the next 5 years.

It doesn't, that was my point
    •   

3. I think the announcement will be the addition of a 145lb weight class to the UFC. Uriah?

4. Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    He is still fighting like he used to. The game has just passed him by.

?? Are you watching the same fights I'm watching?? Cause he use to be explosive and ground and pound a lot harder. His not the same and he admits it now also. By saying he use to be fast passe and now he just sits back and waits he said that him self. So i am sorry i would also have to say he's not him self as to what he was. Yes he's a good fighter and will always be known for 1. But there are many other out there now that want there chance Same goes for Tito Ortiz he was bad ass in his day now he's done. Sure he might fight some other kinda fights now but his UFC days of being champ are over. I liked him as well. But that's just my 02

5. there is some rumor about a vince mcmahon connection to this announcement, goodness I hope not
    •   

6. Hughes could possibly still be good if he got with a solid training camp and really dedicated himself. Look at GSP, the guy travels around training with amazing people and keeps evolving. I'm not sure Hughes trains hard enough either as Rodja said. It was probably sufficient in the old days, but there is more talent around and it's a legit pro sport these days.

How about Wiman taking out Tavares in an amazing fight? That's crazy.

Marquardt got screwed with the second point deduction. He put on a great fight, and that pile driver at the end was nasty.

And to the dude who randomly said "fail" for no reason whatsoever, don't bring that crap around here.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Skeetopunk01 View Post
    I think the announcement will be the addition of a 145lb weight class to the UFC. Uriah?
    That's an interesting idea, but I think it might hurt the WEC too much given that Faber is their big draw.
    They'd probably have to pay him more in the UFC too.

8. Plus, the FW class is still developing and would not really contribute to the growth of the UFC.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

9. The announcement is that Dana and Vince McMahon purchased the UFC from Zuffa.

10. Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    The announcement is that Dana and Vince McMahon purchased the UFC from Zuffa.
    That is fortunately still just a rumor.

11. I have also heard that Anderson Silva moving up to fight Chuck in September

12. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I have also heard that Anderson Silva moving up to fight Chuck in September
    They wouldnt have made such a big deal about that. It's not worthy of a BIG announcement.

13. Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    They wouldnt have made such a big deal about that. It's not worthy of a BIG announcement.
    Actually I don't know about that. They made a fairly big deal about Rampage and Forrest being the coachs on TUF. It does feel like it should be bigger than that, but I never put anything past hype machines.

14. Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    I am just saying this could be PART of the announcement. But as has also been said, they do make a big deal about fight announcements. If this fight happens Silva by TKO rd2 mark it down

15. Did any one just catch dana white on Cnbc? He was talking about getting a ufc "doll deal"

16. Quote Originally Posted by Wickedrebel View Post
    ?? Are you watching the same fights I'm watching?? Cause he use to be explosive and ground and pound a lot harder. His not the same and he admits it now also. By saying he use to be fast passe and now he just sits back and waits he said that him self. So i am sorry i would also have to say he's not him self as to what he was. Yes he's a good fighter and will always be known for 1. But there are many other out there now that want there chance Same goes for Tito Ortiz he was bad ass in his day now he's done. Sure he might fight some other kinda fights now but his UFC days of being champ are over. I liked him as well. But that's just my 02
    If you look at Matt Hughes' competition now, vs circa early 2000s title reign, it's much deeper now. Fundamentally, he has remained basically the same while a fighter such as GSP, for example, has completely evolved from losses. GSP destroyed Matt Hughes in their rematch, and unfortunately for Hughes, he was the same arrogant farmer in the rubber match and was just run through again.

I agree age is a factor - his style is no longer explosive, and cannot make up for a weaker technique, but I still feel the pool deepened. He is still the same fish, the pond simply got restocked.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    If you look at Matt Hughes' competition now, vs circa early 2000s title reign, it's much deeper now. Fundamentally, he has remained basically the same while a fighter such as GSP, for example, has completely evolved from losses. GSP destroyed Matt Hughes in their rematch, and unfortunately for Hughes, he was the same arrogant farmer in the rubber match and was just run through again.

I agree age is a factor - his style is no longer explosive, and cannot make up for a weaker technique, but I still feel the pool deepened. He is still the same fish, the pond simply got restocked.
    Exactly. He was never a well rounded fighter by any means.

18. He also talks about some of the rumors..
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=766552183

19. Quote Originally Posted by MMABoxing View Post
    ** this sounds interesting...I wonder what the BIG announcement will be? any ideas guys?

But Dana White is staying tight-lipped as to what it is.

According to an interview by ESPN The Magazine's Ryan Hockensmith, UFC President Dana White says next Thursday he will make a huge announcement that will shock rattle the bones of MMA fans. Hockensmith quotes White as saying:

"You have no idea some of the stuff that we have planned. I'm going to make an announcement next week that is going to blow people's minds. That deal is done, but my employees don't even know yet. I'm renting out a place next Thursday and I'm going to tell them. Then we'll make the announcement later that day. It's an indicator of where this business is going over the next five years."

Ok so did anybody hear what this announcement is? havent been watching or anything.

20. It was delayed. There have been about 12 different rumors and most appear to be wrong for sure. I'm hoping for the return of Lightning Lee personally.

21. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    It was delayed. There have been about 12 different rumors and most appear to be wrong for sure. I'm hoping for the return of Lightning Lee personally.
    The announcement was supposed to be the regulation of MMA in New York State... but it got canned, hence no announcement. Bill was supposed to pass with no problems, but Dana jumped the gun.

The bill is not completely dead however... There is another hearing of it next Wednesday.

22. That rumor was shot down by Dana as well. Then again, I don't really trust Dana. Anyway, NY regulation wouldn't really be much of an announcement unless you live there.

23. I live in NY i'm about 45min from Manhattan that would be a huge announcement for me. I would be the happiest MMA fan alive. I really hope that is what the announcement is.

24. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    That rumor was shot down by Dana as well. Then again, I don't really trust Dana. Anyway, NY regulation wouldn't really be much of an announcement unless you live there.
    I do live in Manhattan...

But it would be the biggest news possible from a business perspective. Its the oldest and most widely respected sporting regulation in the world, one of the worlds most populous and wealthy cities... Endorsements would follow, along with new credibility to the sport and further expansion in the the general population...

25. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    That rumor was shot down by Dana as well. Then again, I don't really trust Dana. Anyway, NY regulation wouldn't really be much of an announcement unless you live there.
    I think it could be indicative of the general legitimization of the sport over the next five years, as was the theme of the announcement. While Vegas is a fantastic venue, MSG is the mecca, so to speak, of sports, and holding events there would warrant a conference, in my opinion. NY State is the promised land for legitimate sports, and would be news for much more than NY residents.

26. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I think it could be indicative of the general legitimization of the sport over the next five years, as was the theme of the announcement. While Vegas is a fantastic venue, MSG is the mecca, so to speak, of sports, and holding events there would warrant a conference, in my opinion. NY State is the promised land for legitimate sports, and would be news for much more than NY residents.
    umm.....fail

James Toney would knock out Mayweather in a boxing ring.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Jesus, why don't you sweat the US a little harder.

I consider Illinois the promised land too. Ill thug bangers

28. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    umm.....fail

James Toney would knock out Mayweather in a boxing ring.
    He has 100 pounds on him...

29. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    He has 100 pounds on him...
    It was just a bad inside joke. What I said made no sense in multiple ways, on purpose. I apologize.

30. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    It was just a bad inside joke. What I said made no sense in multiple ways, on purpose. I apologize.
    My bad.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. coming off T3
    By rombusempire in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 12:26 PM
  2. R.P.G. Coming Soon!
    By Millennium 1 in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 253
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 06:55 PM
  3. coming off hcg