UFC says something BIG is coming...

MMABoxing

Awards
** this sounds interesting...I wonder what the BIG announcement will be? any ideas guys?

But Dana White is staying tight-lipped as to what it is.

According to an interview by ESPN The Magazine's Ryan Hockensmith, UFC President Dana White says next Thursday he will make a huge announcement that will shock rattle the bones of MMA fans. Hockensmith quotes White as saying:

"You have no idea some of the stuff that we have planned. I'm going to make an announcement next week that is going to blow people's minds. That deal is done, but my employees don't even know yet. I'm renting out a place next Thursday and I'm going to tell them. Then we'll make the announcement later that day. It's an indicator of where this business is going over the next five years."

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Gods,
I hope whatever it is doesn't turn MMA into 'sports entertainment' like pro wrestling. that statement sounded like something that vince McMahonn or whatever tf his name is would say, lol....

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I hope he's says that there going to be able to host fights at MSG!!!!!!

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Gods,
I hope whatever it is doesn't turn MMA into 'sports entertainment' like pro wrestling. that statement sounded like something that vince McMahonn or whatever tf his name is would say, lol....
You mean like those tools on Tapout?

MMABoxing

Awards
yeah....but they help the fighters tho. but in a very weird WAY. wt* is up with the makeup and cloths

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
yeah....but they help the fighters tho. but in a very weird WAY. wt* is up with the makeup and cloths
I think they hurt the sport more than help. When people see them on TV they ask me why I watch that crap. Tough to tell a non-fan that MMA is NOT WWE when they see those 'personalities'...

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Breaking News is:

Arianny is going to marry me.

Also, Dana White will pay me 10 million for a one fight contract to fight Big Nog. I'll win of course. Then I'll teach the Nog brother's BJJ, and perhaps let Anderson Silva learn my striking techniques.

CryingEmo FTW X 100000.

Wickedrebel

Wickedrebel

Awards
Breaking News is:

Also, Dana White will pay me 10 million for a one fight contract to fight Big Nog. I'll win of course. Then I'll teach the Nog brother's BJJ, and perhaps let Anderson Silva learn my striking techniques.

CryingEmo FTW X 100000.

LMAO Hey slap yourself i think your still sleeping.. LOL j/k :clean:

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Breaking News is:

CryingEmo FTW X 100000.
well,
I tried to talk her out of killing you for your life insurance policy, but I think she wants to spoil me beyond her means. I'm a good guy though, so I thought it would be the right thing to do to at least give you a chance to think about turning her down when she starts with the seduction ploy.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i am thinking tv deal, i dont think the average fan will care about any signing

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
fedor is all that comes to mind
I doubt it's Fedor, and at this point I hope it's not. Their are better fights outside of the UFC for Fedor.

It's probably a tv deal with Fox or HBO.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Maywheather.
I hope so. I'd love to see that idiot get his a$$ whooped. Why would he fight in MMA, when he could make 10x more money in Boxing? We all know Mayweather is all about the cheddar.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I hope so. I'd love to see that idiot get his a$$ whooped. Why would he fight in MMA, when he could make 10x more money in Boxing? We all know Mayweather is all about the cheddar.
ummm....fail

Mayweather with boxing rules only = win, period...
Mayweather with mma rules only = him to hospital, quickly

I hope it's not a tv deal. That would really take the anticipation factor out for me...i loved it when it was rare to see an mma ppv, now it's every third week......eh, no go.

Nothing would saturate it more than a tv deal

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
He has expressed interest in it before, and has been training BJJ and grappling for the past 6 months. He also might be trying to get in on the ground floor of something right when it's exploding. He did just turn down 20 million to fight Oscar De La hoya aswell, so he can't be completely about the money.

A bunch of members of AKA have been saying for a bit that he was going to make the cross over. However, it is still a rumor, and also a bit of a long shot.

I think Floyd would be good if given enough time, but I find it hard to imagine his career not getting rushed.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
ummm....fail

Mayweather with boxing rules only = win, period...
Mayweather with mma rules only = him to hospital, quickly

I hope it's not a tv deal. That would really take the anticipation factor out for me...i loved it when it was rare to see an mma ppv, now it's every third week......eh, no go.

Nothing would saturate it more than a tv deal
What is a fail?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
He has expressed interest in it before, and has been training BJJ and grappling for the past 6 months. He also might be trying to get in on the ground floor of something right when it's exploding. He did just turn down 20 million to fight Oscar De La hoya aswell, so he can't be completely about the money.

A bunch of members of AKA have been saying for a bit that he was going to make the cross over. However, it is still a rumor, and also a bit of a long shot.

I think Floyd would be good if given enough time, but I find it hard to imagine his career not getting rushed.
Yeah, I know he's expressed interest, but I think that's just him running his mouth, like usual. I am surprised that he turned down 20 mil.

I agree, he could probably be really good if he invested the time, but like you said, he'll be rushed. He would be a pretty small LW, I think he walks at 155. He could afford to put on a little mass to lose a touch of quickness.

MMABoxing

Awards
its funny how you guys brought up Mayweather : check this out

** it makes sense doesn't it?

[B]Is Floyd Mayweahter leaving Boxing for MMA

In case you missed it, Floyd Mayweather Jr. shockingly announced his retirement from professional boxing on Friday.

The move stunned quite a few people in the boxing world because plans had been in motion for a rematch between Mayweather and Oscar De La Hoya to take place on Sept. 20. The fight has been canceled and with it, Mayweather is walking away from a $20 million payday for the fight.

“It is with a heavy heart that I write you this message today,” Mayweather said in a statement. “I have decided to permanently retire from boxing. This decision was not an easy one for me to make as boxing is all I have done since I was a child. However, these past few years have been extremely difficult for me to find the desire and joy to continue in the sport.

“I have said numerous times and after several of my fights over the past two years that I might not fight again. At the same time, I loved competing and winning and also wanted to continue my career for the fans, knowing they were there for me and enjoyed watching me fight. However, after many sleepless nights and intense soul-searching I realized I could no longer base my decision on anything but my own personal happiness, which I no longer could find. So I have finally made up my mind, spoken to my family, particularly my mother, and made my decision.”

To me, the decision makes little sense. While there were very few hurdles left in climb in boxing for Mayweather, to walk away from $20 million for just one more fight speaks volume. I don’t think he’s walking away to take up golf or sit around and play shuffleboard. Mayweather is still a relatively young man (he’s 31) still in his athletic prime. There has to be something else going on here that we don’t know about.

Mayweather participated in a pro wrestling angle for the WWE earlier this year, which culminated in a featured match with Paul “The Big Show” Wight at Wrestlemania this past match. Mayweather’s haul for the performance has been rumored to be anywhere between $2-20 million. Officials were said to have been happy with Mayweather’s performance and the door was left open for his return.

In addition to pro wrestling, Mayweather has also flirted with the idea of getting involved with MMA. In recent months, Dallas Mavericks owner and HDNet Fights founder Mark Cuban announced that Mayweather was looking to get involved in MMA. It was unclear at the time as to whether he was looking to become a competitor or get involved in an ownership capacity.

But the timing of Mayweather’s announcement is very curious. UFC President Dana White revealed earlier this week that a huge announcement is planned for this coming Thursday. I speculated in a column earlier today that I believe it will have to do with network television. But what if I’m wrong and the announcement had to do with Mayweather signing a contract to fight for the UFC?

Sounds a bit far fetched, doesn’t it? Well, the idea of Mayweather walking away from a $20 million payday is equally far-fetched. For him to walk away from that kind of money likely means he’s walking towards something that could be even more lucrative. I’m just not 100 percent sure what it is.
[/B]

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if it is mayweather, I hope it is not like the tyson to pride fiasco

MMABoxing

Awards
yeah. I dont think Floyd will actually want to FIGHT in mma. but maybe Mayweather Promotions ...now that is something I can see happening.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
So what do you guys think my chances are realistically with Arianny? Decent?

Discuss.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I've never seen a picture of you, but based on your personality I'd say you're fvcked. Just playing Emo, you know I love you.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Epic fail at not knowing what 'fail' is.

I know what 'fail' is, as pathetic as it is, but what did I fail at? I know I didn't fail at anything, I just wanted to hear that fvcktards response.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I know what 'fail' is, as pathetic as it is, but what did I fail at? I know I didn't fail at anything, I just wanted to hear that fvcktards response.
Because you said he'd get his a$$ kicked, and my reasons for my response was clearly written in my statements under that which followed, ok...

That is where I agreed with what you were saying, with the assumption if he fought MMA rules

And I also disagreed that he would get his a$$ kicked, if somone, of the same size, fought him in a boxing ring

When you made your statement, it was blanket, mine was specific. I see no need in your vulgar approach to this conversation...if that' is your attitude, then fail = your personality.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
When he says its an indicator of where they are going for the next 5 years, I just dont feel he means any specific guy has signed. Things that come to mind maybe Wec and UFC will combine, maybe the weight classes are changed or some added. Maybe they signed on with HBO and will have less PPV and more bigger events on HBO, Maybe adding a team type competition. Just speculation, but I cant imagine he would refer to someone being signed as a new direction for the next 5 years.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
The Big Announcement is...

Dana White is going to be a male model.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
So what do you guys think my chances are realistically with Arianny? Decent?

Discuss.
well, like I said, they should be pretty good, just do me a favor and fax over a copy of your policy/ :p

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Because you said he'd get his a$$ kicked, and my reasons for my response was clearly written in my statements under that which followed, ok...

That is where I agreed with what you were saying, with the assumption if he fought MMA rules

And I also disagreed that he would get his a$$ kicked, if somone, of the same size, fought him in a boxing ring

When you made your statement, it was blanket, mine was specific. I see no need in your vulgar approach to this conversation...if that' is your attitude, then fail = your personality.
Wow...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rumor is Mayweather and Andy moving up to 205.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Mullet, I'm a bit fatigued, can you explain to him why he is retarded, please.
Sir, im far from retarded...

You took what i typed on a message board personally, when I was not talking about you in any way, shape, or form. I was simply referring to your statement of waiting to see him get his, that is all.

I have been on the boards since late 03', and I have NEVER (that I can remember)directly insulted anyone or their intelligence because i do not know them personally.

Furthermore, i would never try to berate someone just because they disagreed with my opinion or turned left if i thought they should go str8, I consider it utter stupidity.

You are no exception, as i would not say something that I thought you would take personally or attack your character, unless provoked to do so with the "fVcktard" or whatever name you typed.

If I wanted to netfight, i'd post more on that other site...
If i did something wrong, or offended you in any way, I apologize.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

You took what i typed on a message board personally, when I was not talking about you in any way, shape, or form. I was simply referring to your statement of waiting to see him get his, that is all.

I have been on the boards since late 03', and I have NEVER (that I can remember)directly insulted anyone or their intelligence because i do not know them personally.

Furthermore, i would never try to berate someone just because they disagreed with my opinion or turned left if i thought they should go str8, I consider it utter stupidity.

You are no exception, as i would not say something that I thought you would take personally or attack your character, unless provoked to do so with the "fVcktard" or whatever name you typed.

Dude, chill out. You're taking this too seriously.

MMABoxing

Awards
yeah and this is the internet^ haha look at the idiots from sherdog they dont apologize they go crazy .........

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Seriously, Who wants what?!!

I'll give out my address, son! WHat!>!?!?

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established

Don't worry Hardknock, Alexandar has attacked me also because he didn't like what I said about Fedor and Kimbo. I guess he is above us and wants to own this MMA board so he has to coninuously remind us with his insults. No offense Alex if you are really a nice guy after all but the self-righteous attitude and insults are offensive.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Don't worry Hardknock, Alexandar has attacked me also because he didn't like what I said about Fedor and Kimbo. I guess he is above us and wants to own this MMA board so he has to coninuously remind us with his insults. No offense Alex if you are really a nice guy after all but the self-righteous attitude and insults are offensive.
Why do you keep posting?

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Why do you keep posting?
Hello, self proclaimed MMA nerd. Sorry, I forgot to ask your permission. Can you please let me play too?

I haven't seen any talk re: UFC 85 on these boards. Here's results!
1) Alves wins TKO over Hughes @ 1:02, 2nd round
2)Bisping TKO'd Day 3:42 1st round
3)Swick unanimous over Davis 3 rounds
4)Leites Split descision over Marquardt
5)Werdum TKO over Vera, 4:40 1st round ETC.

:welcome:

Wickedrebel

Wickedrebel

Awards
LOL you guys are cracking me up.. Sounds like a bunch of school gurls fighting over a guy..:toofunny:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
not a terrible card last night, good to see alves impressing again. I dont think he can beat GSP, but he will be an interesting matchup. Of course Nog v. Werdum II is coming.

White said the announcement was not tv related I believe, so then Mayweather might be the only other logical choice

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
not a terrible card last night, good to see alves impressing again. I dont think he can beat GSP, but he will be an interesting matchup. Of course Nog v. Werdum II is coming.

White said the announcement was not tv related I believe, so then Mayweather might be the only other logical choice
I'm sorry, buy Mayweather wouldn't change the ufc, at all. IT's just a celeb joining. And do they sign 5 year contracts?? (I don't know). That would be bad in the big scope of things toadmitthat signing a boxer would radically change ufc for 5 years.

Anyways,just my 0.02