UFC says something BIG is coming... - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

UFC says something BIG is coming...

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Mullet, I'm a bit fatigued, can you explain to him why he is retarded, please.
    Sir, im far from retarded...

You took what i typed on a message board personally, when I was not talking about you in any way, shape, or form. I was simply referring to your statement of waiting to see him get his, that is all.

I have been on the boards since late 03', and I have NEVER (that I can remember)directly insulted anyone or their intelligence because i do not know them personally.

Furthermore, i would never try to berate someone just because they disagreed with my opinion or turned left if i thought they should go str8, I consider it utter stupidity.

You are no exception, as i would not say something that I thought you would take personally or attack your character, unless provoked to do so with the "****tard" or whatever name you typed.

If I wanted to netfight, i'd post more on that other site...
    If i did something wrong, or offended you in any way, I apologize.

2. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post

You took what i typed on a message board personally, when I was not talking about you in any way, shape, or form. I was simply referring to your statement of waiting to see him get his, that is all.

I have been on the boards since late 03', and I have NEVER (that I can remember)directly insulted anyone or their intelligence because i do not know them personally.

Furthermore, i would never try to berate someone just because they disagreed with my opinion or turned left if i thought they should go str8, I consider it utter stupidity.

You are no exception, as i would not say something that I thought you would take personally or attack your character, unless provoked to do so with the "****tard" or whatever name you typed.

Dude, chill out. You're taking this too seriously.
  3. New Member

yeah and this is the internet^ haha look at the idiots from sherdog they dont apologize they go crazy .........
    •   

4. Professional Member

Seriously, Who wants what?!!

I'll give out my address, son! WHat!>!?!?
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post

Don't worry Hardknock, Alexandar has attacked me also because he didn't like what I said about Fedor and Kimbo. I guess he is above us and wants to own this MMA board so he has to coninuously remind us with his insults. No offense Alex if you are really a nice guy after all but the self-righteous attitude and insults are offensive.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    Don't worry Hardknock, Alexandar has attacked me also because he didn't like what I said about Fedor and Kimbo. I guess he is above us and wants to own this MMA board so he has to coninuously remind us with his insults. No offense Alex if you are really a nice guy after all but the self-righteous attitude and insults are offensive.
    Why do you keep posting?
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    Why do you keep posting?
    Hello, self proclaimed MMA nerd. Sorry, I forgot to ask your permission. Can you please let me play too?

I haven't seen any talk re: UFC 85 on these boards. Here's results!
    1) Alves wins TKO over Hughes @ 1:02, 2nd round
    2)Bisping TKO'd Day 3:42 1st round
    3)Swick unanimous over Davis 3 rounds
    4)Leites Split descision over Marquardt
    5)Werdum TKO over Vera, 4:40 1st round ETC.

8. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  285 lbs.

LOL you guys are cracking me up.. Sounds like a bunch of school gurls fighting over a guy..
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

not a terrible card last night, good to see alves impressing again. I dont think he can beat GSP, but he will be an interesting matchup. Of course Nog v. Werdum II is coming.

White said the announcement was not tv related I believe, so then Mayweather might be the only other logical choice
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  10. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    not a terrible card last night, good to see alves impressing again. I dont think he can beat GSP, but he will be an interesting matchup. Of course Nog v. Werdum II is coming.

White said the announcement was not tv related I believe, so then Mayweather might be the only other logical choice
    I'm sorry, buy Mayweather wouldn't change the ufc, at all. IT's just a celeb joining. And do they sign 5 year contracts?? (I don't know). That would be bad in the big scope of things toadmitthat signing a boxer would radically change ufc for 5 years.

Anyways,just my 0.02
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

it would still be big news based on his name recognition. I agree, he will most likely lose right off the bat, but his name will bring mainstream coverage that sadly Kimbo brought Elite xc
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    I know what 'fail' is, as pathetic as it is, but what did I fail at? I know I didn't fail at anything, I just wanted to hear that ****tards response.

That picture is too funny even if it doesn't make sense, I don't even really like cats and it has me cracking up. Kind of like that superbowl commercial.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by xtraflossy View Post
    I'm sorry, buy Mayweather wouldn't change the ufc, at all. IT's just a celeb joining. And do they sign 5 year contracts?? (I don't know). That would be bad in the big scope of things toadmitthat signing a boxer would radically change ufc for 5 years.

Anyways,just my 0.02

exactly how does 1 guy signing determine the direction of the UFC for the next 5 years.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I don't like Matt Hughes at all, but I felt bad for him. He's really sitting by and watching the sport evolve beyond his abilities. He didn't just lose twice in a row, he got dominated twice in a row. I feel for the guy.

I hope I didn't spoil the fight for anyone, but I thought the previous post had indicative insinuations, so I thought it'd be safe.
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I don't like Matt Hughes at all, but I felt bad for him. He's really sitting by and watching the sport evolve beyond his abilities. He didn't just lose twice in a row, he got dominated twice in a row. I feel for the guy.

I hope I didn't spoil the fight for anyone, but I thought the previous post had indicative insinuations, so I thought it'd be safe.
    It's his own fault, though. He has a very poor work ethic for the sport and does not put in the hours in the gym that an elite level MMAer should.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  16. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It's his own fault, though. He has a very poor work ethic for the sport and does not put in the hours in the gym that an elite level MMAer should.

To be fair, he has quite a few bails of hay that have to be delivered, and many a tractor that needs refueling... and a country breakfast that needs eatin'....

A Country Boy Will Survive!!

...or not.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  285 lbs.

I like Matt and i think he had his time. But now i think his time is up. Unless he starts fighting like he use to he's never gonna be the Matt Hughes everyone knew. Thats just my opinion.
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

at 34 it will be hard to reinivent himself. it is a young mans sport for the most part, and at 170 now there are too many guys who are just plain better all around than he is
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedrebel View Post
    I like Matt and i think he had his time. But now i think his time is up. Unless he starts fighting like he use to he's never gonna be the Matt Hughes everyone knew. Thats just my opinion.
    He is still fighting like he used to. The game has just passed him by.
  20. New Member

Hughes and Sera need to get there fight done, and then both start training new fighters fulltime(unless they have something more lucrative to do)
  21. Professional Member

LOL you guys are cracking me up.. Sounds like a bunch of school gurls fighting over a guy..

You're next!!!!111
  22. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    exactly how does 1 guy signing determine the direction of the UFC for the next 5 years.

It doesn't, that was my point
  23. New Member

I think the announcement will be the addition of a 145lb weight class to the UFC. Uriah?
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  285 lbs.

He is still fighting like he used to. The game has just passed him by.

?? Are you watching the same fights I'm watching?? Cause he use to be explosive and ground and pound a lot harder. His not the same and he admits it now also. By saying he use to be fast passe and now he just sits back and waits he said that him self. So i am sorry i would also have to say he's not him self as to what he was. Yes he's a good fighter and will always be known for 1. But there are many other out there now that want there chance Same goes for Tito Ortiz he was bad ass in his day now he's done. Sure he might fight some other kinda fights now but his UFC days of being champ are over. I liked him as well. But that's just my 02
  25. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

there is some rumor about a vince mcmahon connection to this announcement, goodness I hope not
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Hughes could possibly still be good if he got with a solid training camp and really dedicated himself. Look at GSP, the guy travels around training with amazing people and keeps evolving. I'm not sure Hughes trains hard enough either as Rodja said. It was probably sufficient in the old days, but there is more talent around and it's a legit pro sport these days.

How about Wiman taking out Tavares in an amazing fight? That's crazy.

Marquardt got screwed with the second point deduction. He put on a great fight, and that pile driver at the end was nasty.

And to the dude who randomly said "fail" for no reason whatsoever, don't bring that crap around here.
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeetopunk01 View Post
    I think the announcement will be the addition of a 145lb weight class to the UFC. Uriah?
    That's an interesting idea, but I think it might hurt the WEC too much given that Faber is their big draw.
    They'd probably have to pay him more in the UFC too.
  28. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Plus, the FW class is still developing and would not really contribute to the growth of the UFC.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

The announcement is that Dana and Vince McMahon purchased the UFC from Zuffa.
  30. Advanced Member

The announcement is that Dana and Vince McMahon purchased the UFC from Zuffa.
    That is fortunately still just a rumor.
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I have also heard that Anderson Silva moving up to fight Chuck in September
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

I have also heard that Anderson Silva moving up to fight Chuck in September
    They wouldnt have made such a big deal about that. It's not worthy of a BIG announcement.
  33. Advanced Member

They wouldnt have made such a big deal about that. It's not worthy of a BIG announcement.
    Actually I don't know about that. They made a fairly big deal about Rampage and Forrest being the coachs on TUF. It does feel like it should be bigger than that, but I never put anything past hype machines.
  34. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I am just saying this could be PART of the announcement. But as has also been said, they do make a big deal about fight announcements. If this fight happens Silva by TKO rd2 mark it down
  35. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Did any one just catch dana white on Cnbc? He was talking about getting a ufc "doll deal"
  36. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

?? Are you watching the same fights I'm watching?? Cause he use to be explosive and ground and pound a lot harder. His not the same and he admits it now also. By saying he use to be fast passe and now he just sits back and waits he said that him self. So i am sorry i would also have to say he's not him self as to what he was. Yes he's a good fighter and will always be known for 1. But there are many other out there now that want there chance Same goes for Tito Ortiz he was bad ass in his day now he's done. Sure he might fight some other kinda fights now but his UFC days of being champ are over. I liked him as well. But that's just my 02
    If you look at Matt Hughes' competition now, vs circa early 2000s title reign, it's much deeper now. Fundamentally, he has remained basically the same while a fighter such as GSP, for example, has completely evolved from losses. GSP destroyed Matt Hughes in their rematch, and unfortunately for Hughes, he was the same arrogant farmer in the rubber match and was just run through again.

I agree age is a factor - his style is no longer explosive, and cannot make up for a weaker technique, but I still feel the pool deepened. He is still the same fish, the pond simply got restocked.
  37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    If you look at Matt Hughes' competition now, vs circa early 2000s title reign, it's much deeper now. Fundamentally, he has remained basically the same while a fighter such as GSP, for example, has completely evolved from losses. GSP destroyed Matt Hughes in their rematch, and unfortunately for Hughes, he was the same arrogant farmer in the rubber match and was just run through again.

I agree age is a factor - his style is no longer explosive, and cannot make up for a weaker technique, but I still feel the pool deepened. He is still the same fish, the pond simply got restocked.
    Exactly. He was never a well rounded fighter by any means.
  38. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

He also talks about some of the rumors..
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=766552183
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MMABoxing View Post
    ** this sounds interesting...I wonder what the BIG announcement will be? any ideas guys?

But Dana White is staying tight-lipped as to what it is.

According to an interview by ESPN The Magazine's Ryan Hockensmith, UFC President Dana White says next Thursday he will make a huge announcement that will shock rattle the bones of MMA fans. Hockensmith quotes White as saying:

"You have no idea some of the stuff that we have planned. I'm going to make an announcement next week that is going to blow people's minds. That deal is done, but my employees don't even know yet. I'm renting out a place next Thursday and I'm going to tell them. Then we'll make the announcement later that day. It's an indicator of where this business is going over the next five years."

Ok so did anybody hear what this announcement is? havent been watching or anything.
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

It was delayed. There have been about 12 different rumors and most appear to be wrong for sure. I'm hoping for the return of Lightning Lee personally.

Similar Forum Threads

1. coming off T3
    By rombusempire in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 11:26 AM
  2. R.P.G. Coming Soon!
    By Millennium 1 in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 253
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 05:55 PM
  3. coming off hcg
    By maguire in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0