• RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good card over all, some nice knockouts. Good to see Penn dominate

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
Awesome card, too bad about the controversial end of the title fight. I say Sherk was saved by the bell.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Awesome card, too bad about the controversial end of the title fight. I say Sherk was saved by the bell.

Let's say hypothetically Sherk was ok, and he wasn't knocked out and didn't collapse in a heap.

Let's say it went to a decision. BJ already won the first 3 rounds, and his gas tank looked pretty damn full after the 3rd.

Do you think Sherk would have been able to TKO or submit Penn in round 4 or 5? Because of not, even if Sherk won those rounds, Penn still wins the fight.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Also at the begining of the 4th, with Sherks hurt hand and semi concious state, what would he have done?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sherks game plan wasn't working for him when he was fresh, let alone a post knock out, drunken stooper. It would have been controversial if it was close at anytime of the fight, but BJ was dominating the stand up, let alone if out of fatigue Sherk brought it to the ground, where BJ becomes the real shark.

BJ looked like he just got home from the beach after the fight. Sherk looked like he wiped his face with barbed wire.

P.S. Sherk looks like a hard worker and he displayed a lot of power and heart, so I don't want to disrespect him, but Penn is my boy hands down, and he came out to a GANGSTER Hawaiian song (my Hawaiian friend told me what the song was about and it's fricken audacious and hilarious that he came out to that song).

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Let's say hypothetically Sherk was ok, and he wasn't knocked out and didn't collapse in a heap.

Let's say it went to a decision. BJ already won the first 3 rounds, and his gas tank looked pretty damn full after the 3rd.

Do you think Sherk would have been able to TKO or submit Penn in round 4 or 5? Because of not, even if Sherk won those rounds, Penn still wins the fight.
Exactly. Not very controversial in my book.

Volcom, what is the song about? I like it either way.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
0.3 for the absolutely retarded gameplan Sherk had. You gotta' wonder WTF he's thinking when he comes up with the gameplans for big fights.

Just messin' about the score. I'd give it a solid 3-3.5.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
0.3 for the absolutely retarded gameplan Sherk had. You gotta' wonder WTF he's thinking when he comes up with the gameplans for big fights.

I feel you bro. I actually like Sherk. But I more of a Penn fan.

I think the fight could have progressed much differently if Sherk used his wrestling, but I think the outcome would have been the same. His stand-up may have actually prolonged the fight.....

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Cool. Yeah, they're 1 and 2 on my list, just the other way around from your's.

And yeah, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I just sat there stupified watching the two best grapplers at 155 box it out, wondering why Sherk wasn't even trying to get it to the ground.

At least try to take him down in the last 10-20 seconds of the round, for God's sakes, if for nothing more than to get some points back in your column.

Unbelievable.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

Keep your head up, Savage. Maybe Penn will go to WW permanently and Sherk can get the LW belt back. Sherk was a fvcking pitbull in the clinch.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
If Penn leaves, Sherk gets the belt back, no question.

Did Sherk do roids. At some point, yes, and the gains stuck.

Did he do deca? No. That would be retarded to do something that stays in your system for 7 months.

Is he the only one that ever used A.A.S? No, I'm sure most people use it... except BJ and Ken Flo.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exactly. Not very controversial in my book.

Volcom, what is the song about? I like it either way.
In summary, the guy is singing about how the white man came and took over Hawaii, haha. How America built freeways and buildings over sacred burial sites. Its bascially a "somewhere over the rainbow" sounding song with a message Rage Against the Machine would sing about (according to my Hawaiian friend), who couldn't believe he was coming out to that song when he heard it.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
In summary, the guy is singing about how the white man came and took over Hawaii, haha. How America built freeways and buildings over sacred burial sites. Its bascially a "somewhere over the rainbow" sounding song with a message Rage Against the Machine would sing about (according to my Hawaiian friend), who couldn't believe he was coming out to that song when he heard it.
Hey, I'm white, that offends me. I don't like BJ anymore. Yeah right, I could care less, fvck those white bast*rds.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey, I'm white, that offends me. I don't like BJ anymore. Yeah right, I could care less, fvck those white bast*rds.
My Dad's white and so is my half brother, so I'm a bit torn.

Question, you know the Sylvia/Fedor fight in Dream. How do get a hold of those events? Do you order them like UFC fights or do we have to resort to backdoor internet sites?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
My Dad's white and so is my half brother, so I'm a bit torn.

Question, you know the Sylvia/Fedor fight in Dream. How do get a hold of those events? Do you order them like UFC fights or do we have to resort to backdoor internet sites?
Sylvia/Fedor isn't in Dream, it's on the first Affliction card. I think it's in Anaheim. I'm pretty sure it is going to be available on most cable providers, but definitely available on HDnet.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sylvia/Fedor isn't in Dream, it's on the first Affliction card. I think it's in Anaheim. I'm pretty sure it is going to be available on most cable providers, but definitely available on HDnet.
Thats RIGHT, Affliction. Nice, even better.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Thats RIGHT, Affliction. Nice, even better.
Yeah, I've heard it might be a shoddy promotion, but they have plenty of money so I bet they'll get their sh*t together by fight time. Now I'm not sure if it's going to be on HDnet or not, but it will be available on PPV by most cable providers. I hope Dream starts putting their shows on PPV, some of the upcoming cards are going to be nice.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Affliction is a PPV event. It's gonna be incredible.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think I said that somewhere in my ramblings.
Just thought I'd clarify. It was originally going to be on HDNet and in Dallas, but when they moved it to Cali, it became a PPV event. I wish it was in Dallas because I would've gone. Both Emelianenkos would be the sh!t. Hell, there are 5 HWs that are arguably top 10 on this card.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Just thought I'd clarify. It was originally going to be on HDNet and in Dallas, but when they moved it to Cali, it became a PPV event. I wish it was in Dallas because I would've gone. Both Emelianenkos would be the sh!t. Hell, there are 5 HWs that are arguably top 10 on this card.
No, yeah, the clarification was definitely necessary. If it had been on HDnet would it have been a PPV event only available on HDnet or a free event on HDnet? It has potential to be the best HW card ever. Any word on if Arlovski is fighting Rothwell?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, yeah, the clarification was definitely necessary. If it had been on HDnet would it have been a PPV event only available on HDnet or a free event on HDnet? It has potential to be the best HW card ever. Any word on if Arlovski is fighting Rothwell?
It would've been free on HDNet. I thought the AA/Rothwell fight was confirmed?? Hmmm, guess we'll find out eventually.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
It would've been free on HDNet. I thought the AA/Rothwell fight was confirmed?? Hmmm, guess we'll find out eventually.
I thought it was confirmed too, but now it seems to be up in the air. Yeah, we'll see. I'd have rather seen Barnett/Arlovski and Rizzo/Rothwell, but I'm not complaining.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is he the only one that ever used A.A.S? No, I'm sure most people use it... except BJ and Ken Flo.
LOL, yea there is NO question Ken Flo is drug free. Not knockin him, he's a great fighter.... I was surprised he beat joe lauzan so easily when they fought....and still cant explain how he beat Chris Leabin in the ultamate fighter season 1....Dude can scrap for sure.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If Penn leaves, Sherk gets the belt back, no question.

Did Sherk do roids. At some point, yes, and the gains stuck.

Did he do deca? No. That would be retarded to do something that stays in your system for 7 months.

are you suggesting that KenFlo's physique is not a roid body? Come on dont be naive :toofunny:

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
are you suggesting that KenFlo's physique is not a roid body? Come on dont be naive :toofunny:
This is no laughing matter. KenFlo is a genetic freak. Through yoga, green tea, and pillates, he has acheived a Mr. O physique. DOn't be jealous, hater.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
overall, pretty good. Some quality knockouts, (1) slick sub, atleast one dissapointing fight (tito def) and maybe the wand fight as well. Considering what it meant to wand, and how much i was pulling for both guys, it was good. I was just really looking forward to a long war with wand on top.

Needless to say i was disapointed in the sherk/penn fight. It was a decent on the feet, with sherk having to overcome the reach disadvantage. I as you guys wished sherk implemnted his takedowns in the third and then mix it up going into 4-5th, probably would have been a different outcome. :)

Kegger

Awards
I missed the PPV because I was sick as hell.:sad: But from what you are describing above, the only singer I can think of that actually sang a song about that is Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.

EDIT: This is the song, right?
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSXNP4uE4nc&feature=related"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats the one, my buddy Keoni flipped out when BJ came out to this (against Sherk no less), that dude BJ is too much. Hawaiians seem to have so much pride in their culture. I think its freaking hilarious when they're audacious about it, I love it.

Reps

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Keoni is racist, imo. I'm just playin, that song is badass. I thought the guy at 2:27 was Chris Pontius for a second.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Oh, poor Hawaii. Those clowns don't know what hardship is: ie, running out of potatoes on your island.

Cool song, Volcom.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I know, living in paradise complaining like a motherfvcker. We don't even have sun in Ireland.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, poor Hawaii. Those clowns don't know what hardship is: ie, running out of potatoes on your island.

Cool song, Volcom.
Actually, Kegger found it, I just addressed its deep rooted anti-Americanite message.

Hawaiian's do know hardship, sometimes the surfs not always up and you have to wait on your surf board, floating for minutes upon minutes for a good set to come in. Sheeesh! Check your history my friend.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
No doubt, Vanavich. We come to this country so pasty that we have to wear boatloads of "screen-screen". I didn't even know how to use it until Smeton clued me in.

Dead Rabbits, motherfvckers.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
I could have gone home happy without even knowing the outcome of the championship bout after Wand KO'd Jardine. What a 38 second statement.