Rate UFC 84 - AnabolicMinds.com

Poll: How good was UFC 84?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Rate UFC 84

1. Professional Member

Rate UFC 84

Vote for your impression of Ill Will.

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

good card over all, some nice knockouts. Good to see Penn dominate
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  3. Elite Member

3.5, it was pretty damn good.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.

Awesome card, too bad about the controversial end of the title fight. I say Sherk was saved by the bell.
  5. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by warriorway View Post
    Awesome card, too bad about the controversial end of the title fight. I say Sherk was saved by the bell.

Let's say hypothetically Sherk was ok, and he wasn't knocked out and didn't collapse in a heap.

Let's say it went to a decision. BJ already won the first 3 rounds, and his gas tank looked pretty damn full after the 3rd.

Do you think Sherk would have been able to TKO or submit Penn in round 4 or 5? Because of not, even if Sherk won those rounds, Penn still wins the fight.
  6. Professional Member

Also at the begining of the 4th, with Sherks hurt hand and semi concious state, what would he have done?
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Sherks game plan wasn't working for him when he was fresh, let alone a post knock out, drunken stooper. It would have been controversial if it was close at anytime of the fight, but BJ was dominating the stand up, let alone if out of fatigue Sherk brought it to the ground, where BJ becomes the real shark.

BJ looked like he just got home from the beach after the fight. Sherk looked like he wiped his face with barbed wire.

P.S. Sherk looks like a hard worker and he displayed a lot of power and heart, so I don't want to disrespect him, but Penn is my boy hands down, and he came out to a GANGSTER Hawaiian song (my Hawaiian friend told me what the song was about and it's fricken audacious and hilarious that he came out to that song).
  8. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    Let's say hypothetically Sherk was ok, and he wasn't knocked out and didn't collapse in a heap.

Let's say it went to a decision. BJ already won the first 3 rounds, and his gas tank looked pretty damn full after the 3rd.

Do you think Sherk would have been able to TKO or submit Penn in round 4 or 5? Because of not, even if Sherk won those rounds, Penn still wins the fight.
    Exactly. Not very controversial in my book.

Volcom, what is the song about? I like it either way.
  9. Board Sponsor

0.3 for the absolutely retarded gameplan Sherk had. You gotta' wonder WTF he's thinking when he comes up with the gameplans for big fights.

Just messin' about the score. I'd give it a solid 3-3.5.
  10. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage View Post
    0.3 for the absolutely retarded gameplan Sherk had. You gotta' wonder WTF he's thinking when he comes up with the gameplans for big fights.

I feel you bro. I actually like Sherk. But I more of a Penn fan.

I think the fight could have progressed much differently if Sherk used his wrestling, but I think the outcome would have been the same. His stand-up may have actually prolonged the fight.....
  11. Board Sponsor

Cool. Yeah, they're 1 and 2 on my list, just the other way around from your's.

And yeah, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I just sat there stupified watching the two best grapplers at 155 box it out, wondering why Sherk wasn't even trying to get it to the ground.

At least try to take him down in the last 10-20 seconds of the round, for God's sakes, if for nothing more than to get some points back in your column.

Unbelievable.
  12. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage View Post

Keep your head up, Savage. Maybe Penn will go to WW permanently and Sherk can get the LW belt back. Sherk was a ****ing pitbull in the clinch.
  13. Professional Member

If Penn leaves, Sherk gets the belt back, no question.

Did Sherk do roids. At some point, yes, and the gains stuck.

Did he do deca? No. That would be retarded to do something that stays in your system for 7 months.

Is he the only one that ever used A.A.S? No, I'm sure most people use it... except BJ and Ken Flo.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Exactly. Not very controversial in my book.

Volcom, what is the song about? I like it either way.
    In summary, the guy is singing about how the white man came and took over Hawaii, haha. How America built freeways and buildings over sacred burial sites. Its bascially a "somewhere over the rainbow" sounding song with a message Rage Against the Machine would sing about (according to my Hawaiian friend), who couldn't believe he was coming out to that song when he heard it.
  15. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    In summary, the guy is singing about how the white man came and took over Hawaii, haha. How America built freeways and buildings over sacred burial sites. Its bascially a "somewhere over the rainbow" sounding song with a message Rage Against the Machine would sing about (according to my Hawaiian friend), who couldn't believe he was coming out to that song when he heard it.
    Hey, I'm white, that offends me. I don't like BJ anymore. Yeah right, I could care less, **** those white bast*rds.
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Hey, I'm white, that offends me. I don't like BJ anymore. Yeah right, I could care less, **** those white bast*rds.
    My Dad's white and so is my half brother, so I'm a bit torn.

Question, you know the Sylvia/Fedor fight in Dream. How do get a hold of those events? Do you order them like UFC fights or do we have to resort to backdoor internet sites?
  17. Elite Member

My Dad's white and so is my half brother, so I'm a bit torn.

Question, you know the Sylvia/Fedor fight in Dream. How do get a hold of those events? Do you order them like UFC fights or do we have to resort to backdoor internet sites?
    Sylvia/Fedor isn't in Dream, it's on the first Affliction card. I think it's in Anaheim. I'm pretty sure it is going to be available on most cable providers, but definitely available on HDnet.
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Sylvia/Fedor isn't in Dream, it's on the first Affliction card. I think it's in Anaheim. I'm pretty sure it is going to be available on most cable providers, but definitely available on HDnet.
    Thats RIGHT, Affliction. Nice, even better.
  19. Elite Member

Thats RIGHT, Affliction. Nice, even better.
    Yeah, I've heard it might be a shoddy promotion, but they have plenty of money so I bet they'll get their sh*t together by fight time. Now I'm not sure if it's going to be on HDnet or not, but it will be available on PPV by most cable providers. I hope Dream starts putting their shows on PPV, some of the upcoming cards are going to be nice.
  20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Affliction is a PPV event. It's gonna be incredible.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  21. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Affliction is a PPV event. It's gonna be incredible.
    I think I said that somewhere in my ramblings.
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

I think I said that somewhere in my ramblings.
    Just thought I'd clarify. It was originally going to be on HDNet and in Dallas, but when they moved it to Cali, it became a PPV event. I wish it was in Dallas because I would've gone. Both Emelianenkos would be the sh!t. Hell, there are 5 HWs that are arguably top 10 on this card.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  23. Elite Member

Just thought I'd clarify. It was originally going to be on HDNet and in Dallas, but when they moved it to Cali, it became a PPV event. I wish it was in Dallas because I would've gone. Both Emelianenkos would be the sh!t. Hell, there are 5 HWs that are arguably top 10 on this card.
    No, yeah, the clarification was definitely necessary. If it had been on HDnet would it have been a PPV event only available on HDnet or a free event on HDnet? It has potential to be the best HW card ever. Any word on if Arlovski is fighting Rothwell?
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

No, yeah, the clarification was definitely necessary. If it had been on HDnet would it have been a PPV event only available on HDnet or a free event on HDnet? It has potential to be the best HW card ever. Any word on if Arlovski is fighting Rothwell?
    It would've been free on HDNet. I thought the AA/Rothwell fight was confirmed?? Hmmm, guess we'll find out eventually.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  25. Elite Member

It would've been free on HDNet. I thought the AA/Rothwell fight was confirmed?? Hmmm, guess we'll find out eventually.
    I thought it was confirmed too, but now it seems to be up in the air. Yeah, we'll see. I'd have rather seen Barnett/Arlovski and Rizzo/Rothwell, but I'm not complaining.
  26. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Is he the only one that ever used A.A.S? No, I'm sure most people use it... except BJ and Ken Flo.
    LOL, yea there is NO question Ken Flo is drug free. Not knockin him, he's a great fighter.... I was surprised he beat joe lauzan so easily when they fought....and still cant explain how he beat Chris Leabin in the ultamate fighter season 1....Dude can scrap for sure.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

If Penn leaves, Sherk gets the belt back, no question.

Did Sherk do roids. At some point, yes, and the gains stuck.

Did he do deca? No. That would be retarded to do something that stays in your system for 7 months.

are you suggesting that KenFlo's physique is not a roid body? Come on dont be naive
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  28. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    are you suggesting that KenFlo's physique is not a roid body? Come on dont be naive
    This is no laughing matter. KenFlo is a genetic freak. Through yoga, green tea, and pillates, he has acheived a Mr. O physique. DOn't be jealous, hater.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  184 lbs.

overall, pretty good. Some quality knockouts, (1) slick sub, atleast one dissapointing fight (tito def) and maybe the wand fight as well. Considering what it meant to wand, and how much i was pulling for both guys, it was good. I was just really looking forward to a long war with wand on top.

Needless to say i was disapointed in the sherk/penn fight. It was a decent on the feet, with sherk having to overcome the reach disadvantage. I as you guys wished sherk implemnted his takedowns in the third and then mix it up going into 4-5th, probably would have been a different outcome.
  30. Advanced Member

It was "meh" for me.
  31. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dancebot 2000 View Post
    It was "meh" for me.

I'll show you "meh"!
  32. New Member

I missed the PPV because I was sick as hell. But from what you are describing above, the only singer I can think of that actually sang a song about that is Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.

EDIT: This is the song, right?
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSXNP4uE4nc&feature=re lated"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Thats the one, my buddy Keoni flipped out when BJ came out to this (against Sherk no less), that dude BJ is too much. Hawaiians seem to have so much pride in their culture. I think its freaking hilarious when they're audacious about it, I love it.

Reps
  34. Elite Member

Keoni is racist, imo. I'm just playin, that song is badass. I thought the guy at 2:27 was Chris Pontius for a second.
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Keoni is racist, imo. I'm just playin, that song is badass. I thought the guy at 2:27 was Chris Pontius for a second.
    haha
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Oh, poor Hawaii. Those clowns don't know what hardship is: ie, running out of potatoes on your island.

Cool song, Volcom.
  37. Elite Member

I know, living in paradise complaining like a mother****er. We don't even have sun in Ireland.
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Oh, poor Hawaii. Those clowns don't know what hardship is: ie, running out of potatoes on your island.

Cool song, Volcom.
    Actually, Kegger found it, I just addressed its deep rooted anti-Americanite message.

Hawaiian's do know hardship, sometimes the surfs not always up and you have to wait on your surf board, floating for minutes upon minutes for a good set to come in. Sheeesh! Check your history my friend.
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

No doubt, Vanavich. We come to this country so pasty that we have to wear boatloads of "screen-screen". I didn't even know how to use it until Smeton clued me in.

Dead Rabbits, mother****ers.
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

I could have gone home happy without even knowing the outcome of the championship bout after Wand KO'd Jardine. What a 38 second statement.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Rate my pct
    By greekgeorge in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 10:06 PM
  2. Rate my workout!
    By RickWolves in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 10:08 PM
  3. TTA fat liberation rate
    By EasyEJL in forum Supplements