UFC 87 : Lesnar-Coleman delayed; Fitch-GSP instead

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Former UFC champion Mark Coleman (Pictures) has withdrawn from a heavyweight tilt with upstart Brock Lesnar (Pictures) scheduled for UFC 87: Seek and Destroy on August 9 at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minn., due to a knee injury, UFC.com announced on Thursday.

Coleman, 43, confirmed that he tore his MCL in training and will be sidelined for six weeks. The injury will not require surgery.

The headlining bout would have pitted the former NCAA wrestling champions against one another on Lesnar's home turf in his third professional contest. Lesnar, a former WWE superstar, garnered much attention for his UFC debut on February 2 in Las Vegas - a submission loss to former UFC champion Frank Mir (Pictures).

In its stead, UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre (Pictures) will defend his crown against Jon Fitch (Pictures), a former Division I wrestler at Purdue University. Interim champion St. Pierre, 27, successfully united two UFC titles at UFC 83: Serra vs. St. Pierre II on April 19, avenging a first-round knockout loss to Matt Serra (Pictures) at UFC 68: Shootout in Houston a year before.

St. Pierre will look to snap the 30-year-old Fitch's impressive 15-fight win streak, eight of which unfolded within the Octagon's walls. The American Kickboxing Academy rep outscored a game Chris Wilson at UFC 82 last March.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Glad this fight is happening so soon. Fitch has nothing for GSP, IMO, but who does. I hope GSP moves up after Fitch.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Who does? Lawler if cuts to 170. Oh, Semtex would fvck his mum too.

Gone on an Andre the Giant kick, huh?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Who does? Lawler if cuts to 170. Oh, Semtex would fvck his mum too.

Gone on an Andre the Giant kick, huh?
Semtex would lay the black mamba on GSP's mum. Lawler has improved a lot since his days at WW, wonder what he'd be like now if he dropped back down? Probably not that great.

I love Andre, he was a very funny guy. His content was amazing and he obviously has the Semmy Schilt genre of comedy down.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was looking forward to Lesnar, but not so much Lesnar/Coleman, but Lesnar.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Isnt lesnar still on the card? maybe give him Hardonk

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is anybody else of the belief that Jon Fitch = every wrestler GSP has already torn through redux? There is nothing novel Fitch is going to bring for GSP, as Alex said, and nothing old he is doing necessarily better. GSP will probably take him down quite easily, control the fight in dominant positions, and get a GnP finish.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is anybody else of the belief that Jon Fitch = every wrestler GSP has already torn through redux? There is nothing novel Fitch is going to bring for GSP, as Alex said, and nothing old he is doing necessarily better. GSP will probably take him down quite easily, control the fight in dominant positions, and get a GnP finish.
Pretty much a Hughes clone. Early 2nd Rd TKO and then I hope he fights Penn.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
After GSP mauls fitch I see him either fighting BJ or moving up to 185. Either way it will be fun to watch.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just announced for the card is Mac danzig v. Clay Guida.

I gotta go with Clay here, good test for Mac

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
We will see what Danzig is made of here. Would love to see Mac win, but I think Clay will take it, just because I think he will overwhelm Mac. This could go either way though imo...Mac is pretty good.

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established

Dang nice, too bad none of my friends want to go. They say the upper level at the target center sucks and it's like looking straight down.

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
Glad this fight is happening so soon. Fitch has nothing for GSP, IMO, but who does. I hope GSP moves up after Fitch.

are u kidding??!! lol! man, i have been watching him train and he looks to be in the best ability of his life. ground i give it to fitch. standing fitch has come a long way and has called in a couple guys to get him ready for the stand up exchange. trust me he will be a great opponent.

dont get me wrond i love gsp! he is one of my fave fighters if not my fav, but i have watched fitch everyday now and he gets better and better.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
are u kidding??!! lol! man, i have been watching him train and he looks to be in the best ability of his life. ground i give it to fitch. standing fitch has come a long way and has called in a couple guys to get him ready for the stand up exchange. trust me he will be a great opponent.

dont get me wrond i love gsp! he is one of my fave fighters if not my fav, but i have watched fitch everyday now and he gets better and better.
Really? I think Fitch is not stronger, or better technically, than Hughes in a wrestling respect, and GSP dominated Hughes on the ground; and Fitch is most definitely not a better wrestler than Kos, and the same scenario applies there.

If you are talking subs-ground, I still disagree. Serra is a whizz on the ground, and look how much good it did him there. GSP is far too physically dominating for Fitch to have a chance at applying a sub - he isn't skilled enough from guard to pull something crafty, nor strong enough to end up in dominant position.

I think it will be a 3rd GnP TKO by GSP. He takes him down early and often, controls position, and wears him out. This fight will be close, but not close, know what I mean?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

What on earth are you lol'ing about? As if I said something ridiculous, pfff. No, I am not kidding. Sure Fitch is a very good fighter, but GSP is on another level. Perhaps you are biased due to knowing Fitch. Fitch has a chance, just not a good one.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Really? I think Fitch is not stronger, or better technically, than Hughes in a wrestling respect, and GSP dominated Hughes on the ground; and Fitch is most definitely not a better wrestler than Kos, and the same scenario applies there.

If you are talking subs-ground, I still disagree. Serra is a whizz on the ground, and look how much good it did him there. GSP is far too physically dominating for Fitch to have a chance at applying a sub - he isn't skilled enough from guard to pull something crafty, nor strong enough to end up in dominant position.

I think it will be a 3rd GnP TKO by GSP. He takes him down early and often, controls position, and wears him out. This fight will be close, but not close, know what I mean?
Hello Mulletsoldier. Would you like to be friends?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Alex, didn't you say that Fitch gets the better of Kos 60% of the time wrestling in practice?

Warrior, maybe you can clarify if you train at AKA?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Alex, didn't you say that Fitch gets the better of Kos 60% of the time wrestling in practice?

Warrior, maybe you can clarify if you train at AKA?
Yeah, I remember saying that, but can't remember where I had heard it. I think it was a training partner of theirs on Sherdog. Either way it was just some sh*t I heard, nothing I saw. From what I've seen in their fights I would think Kos would have a clear advantage in wrestling, but who knows, Fitch does appear to be stronger than Kos, but not nearly as explosive.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I just think Fitch is too slow and he's struggled with really athletic guys before. GSP wins 75% of the time IMO.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Fvcking great, the tight shorts Frenchie douche bag is headlining the first UFC to come to my state. F- That.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I just think Fitch is too slow and he's struggled with really athletic guys before. GSP wins 75% of the time IMO.
I'd give it to GSP 80-85% of the time. I think he'll dominate Fitch, Trigg style.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Im surprised that the UFC is just throwing danzig to wolves like this. I think they are taking the wrong aproach fast tracking this guy.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He's fought Samurai before (at 170) so Guida is nothing he hasn't faced before

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Guida should take it, but i would not be the least bit surprised if Mac pulled it out, and just technically picked him apart for 3 rounds. Mac does have a tendency to slowly break down opponents, so this one might not be any different

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established

we will just have to see. (not trying coming off like a ****)

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
What on earth are you lol'ing about? As if I said something ridiculous, pfff. No, I am not kidding. Sure Fitch is a very good fighter, but GSP is on another level. Perhaps you are biased due to knowing Fitch. Fitch has a chance, just not a good one.

chill....bra. let the fight do its talking. the only thing i was laughing at was your statement "Fitch has nothing for GSP, IMO, but who does."

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
chill....bra. let the fight do its talking. the only thing i was laughing at was your statement "Fitch has nothing for GSP, IMO, but who does."
Well, GSP has considerably cleared out his division in fairly dominant fashion - I do not think there are many WW who have anything to offer. Friendly wager?

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
Well, GSP has considerably cleared out his division in fairly dominant fashion - I do not think there are many WW who have anything to offer. Friendly wager?

whats the wager? lol

hey mullet how did that whole politics thread go? by the time i came back to say anything people were all over the place and there was far to much miss-information for me to get to.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
whats the wager? lol

hey mullet how did that whole politics thread go? by the time i came back to say anything people were all over the place and there was far to much miss-information for me to get to.
Which one, sorry?

Set the terms. I think Fitch has an approximately 17.8746387463% chance.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
"Let the fight do its talking", good lord, try making some sense, that doesn't even mean anything, geesh. And btw, lol means laugh out loud, it is typically used when something is funny, not just randomly:hammer:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really like Fitch, but I dont think he will bring much to this. GSP will pick him apart on the feet and will most likely stuff most of his td's. If I were forced into a prediction now, GSP by tko early in rd 2

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
"Let the fight do its talking", good lord, try making some sense, that doesn't even mean anything, geesh. And btw, lol means laugh out loud, it is typically used when something is funny, not just randomly:hammer:
I think it's more clear when you write lollerz.

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established

Honestly, if you are not intelligent enough to figure out what i am saying, then there is no reason for me to talk to you. " good lord, try making some sense, that doesn't even mean anything, geesh." I will take the high ground and walk away from your attack. A little advice; lighten up, life is to short.

Also, remember

Attachments

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
haha, you're awesome. I'm definitely not intelligent enough to figure out your rubbish. You said "let the fight do it's talking", that's retarded. This is an MMA forum and we were discussing who would win between GSP/Fitch and why. So I guess in your opinion their's no point in discussing anything and we should just let the fight do it's talking. You said "are you kidding me, lol" to me making a statement that Fitch doesn't have a very good chance, which most sane people agree with. You're just not making a ton of sense. Just try to think a little more before you post. It's pretty funny that you say you're taking the high road, and then call me unintelligent. I'm not attacking you, just pointing out that what you're posting doesn't make sense.

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
How about a GSP vs. Anderson Silva card. THAT would be a fight to watch!!!!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
How about a GSP vs. Anderson Silva card. THAT would be a fight to watch!!!!
Yeah, I think that's the fight everyone wants to see. I'd take Anderson for sure, but it could go either way.

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I think that's the fight everyone wants to see. I'd take Anderson for sure, but it could go either way.

I'd take Anderson also, Its not good when you don't want to stand with a guy and when you take him down he elbows your head like a freakin jackhammer with a razor blade on the end of it ha ha

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it must have fallen down to the #2 thread so you better bump it or no one will see it. :think: