Dream 3 discussion

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Eddie Alvarez looked great. He must hit like a ton of bricks to drop Hansen twice like that. Can't wait to see what heppens to him in the tourney. I'm gonna say he'll beat Uno or Kawajiri, but get subbed by Aoki (assuming he wins).

Uno put together a nice preformance against Ishida> I thought he was past his prime, but his TD defense looked awesome.

Manhoef looked off, but he got KOed like 2 weeks before by Bojansky so that might explain it. Brutal knee to get the stoppage (then one to the back of the head).

I didn't think Diaz looked as good as others have said. He took a lot of punches. I don't know that much about Inoue though. It'll be cool to see him against Mach and maybe eventually Aoki if he gets what he wants.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Pretty good card overall. Alverez vs Hansen was an AWESOME fight though. That could have really gone either way, although I agree with the judges that Alvarez should get the nod.
I wish Diaz wouldn't stand in there and take so many shots like Bas mentioned. He also paws out there a lot without really hitting hard. However he is accurate and all those pitter patter accurate shots add up quickly. Some of his inside work looked good though as far as body shots.
Manhoef did look off, but supposedly he had some tube in his lungs or something.
I can't believe Uno pulled out the RNC. BTW, wouldn't Uno look tiny compared to Alvarez? They are all in the LW GranPrix though right?

One thing is for sure after watching that card. UFC needs knees to the head. I think it would prevent so many people from stalling. It would also make the LnP wrestlers pay for a sloppy takedown attempt.
Another thing for sure....UFC needs Bas and Lennie (the screaming banshee lady).

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Glad someone watched this. I'd imagine Alvarez will dwarf the others except maybe Aoki, and just because he's tall. I'm surprised Uno got the RNC too considering Ishida's skills on the ground, but he dominated the fight and landed some big shots.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I really wish they would bring knees back. I'm all for soccer kicks and stomps too, but I'd be more than happy if they just brought back knees to a downed opponent.

It was a decent event. I didn't think Hansen/Alvarez was very close. I thought Alvarez won pretty clearly. He controlled most of the fight and did more damage, that armbar by Hansen was somewhat close though.

Jas, I thought Manhoeff hammerfisted his opponent to victory? I'm confused somehow.

Dream is cool, but they have close to nothing at LHW and HW, and I prefer to watch the big guys.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I really wish they would bring knees back. I'm all for soccer kicks and stomps too, but I'd be more than happy if they just brought back knees to a downed opponent.

It was a decent event. I didn't think Hansen/Alvarez was very close. I thought Alvarez won pretty clearly. He controlled most of the fight and did more damage, that armbar by Hansen was somewhat close though.

Jas, I thought Manhoeff hammerfisted his opponent to victory? I'm confused somehow.

Dream is cool, but they have close to nothing at LHW and HW, and I prefer to watch the big guys.
They had to start with what was available, which was mainly LW and 183ers.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
They had to start with what was available, which was mainly LW and 183ers.
Yeah, hopefully they'll be able to recruit quickly. They could form a pretty good HW division with all the 'free agents' available. LHW is another story, UFC has nearly everyone. For now it's kind of like Bushido, mostly smaller guys with an occasional HW fight. Crocop/JLB should be good. I love that we're gonna get to see Jacare fight regularly. He has a good shot at winning the tourny it seems. Do you have any idea on his chin? I know he was KO'd in I think his first MMA fight.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, hopefully they'll be able to recruit quickly. They could form a pretty good HW division with all the 'free agents' available. LHW is another story, UFC has nearly everyone. For now it's kind of like Bushido, mostly smaller guys with an occasional HW fight. Crocop/JLB should be good. I love that we're gonna get to see Jacare fight regularly. He has a good shot at winning the tourny it seems. Do you have any idea on his chin? I know he was KO'd in I think his first MMA fight.
Not sure, my book on Jacare is pretty thin. He was KO'd in his first fight, but that was 5 years ago. He is an all-world grappler and I hope he joins a bigger camp like Black House or an ATT affiliate.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established

Yeah, manhoef ended it with hammerfists, but that first knee seemed to be the beginning of the end.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, manhoef ended it with hammerfists, but that first knee seemed to be the beginning of the end.
Ok, right. I wasn't sure if you were talking about the Manhoef/Bonjasky fight, but I remember that one being a gassing KO more than anything.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it was more of a gassing KO, but Melvin was eating a ton of kicks too. He's tough for staying in it so long.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Melvin's entrace was a bit odd. Wasn't sure if it was the caged fighting dog look or a gay S&M one..... ;)

I love Pride/Dream entrances so much more than UFC though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dustin07 General Chat 39
musclemaker Company Promotions 11
Olympus Labs Olympus Labs 37
Rodja MMA 3
jas123 MMA 4