Oh no...Mir/Nog TUF 8 coaches and will fight

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
UFC interim heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (Pictures) and former champion Frank Mir (Pictures) will be the coaches for the eighth season of Spike TV's "The Ultimate Fighter," the network announced Monday.

The season, which premieres Sept. 17, will feature fighters in the 205-pound and 155-pound divisions.

Nogueira and Mir will fight at a future pay-per-view event.

++++++++++++++++++++==

I'm not the Mir hater that Alex is, but he should not be fighting for the title. Sad times for the HW division. I guess he is a good announcer so he may make a decent coach/character for the show.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Frank Mir has always been so overrated and overhyped. The last person I would want as my coach is a guy with no heart or conditioning.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Oh no. They should replace Mir with Dan Christianson or Ian Freeman for fvck sakes.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah those 2 also, would it kill either of those guys to do some weight training?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
That's a good point. Bob Sapp was using some nasty chi in the first 10 minutes against Nog, haha.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Awesome about Nog! I love that guy. And can you imagine him bringing some of his guest coaches in from his camp like Anderson Silva?

Mir???? Seriously....Mir? So getting punched in the face and throwing a kneebar on a guy with 1 year of MMA training gets your a shot on TUF and a title shot afterwards? Great, now the HW belt is on the shelf for another 9 months. Not that anyone in the HW deserves a shot at this point.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just heard about this, and after such a great current season of TUF too, its a damn shame.

Who the hell cares about Mir!?!?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will say this in Mir's defense, his ground game is superb, so he will probably be a good teacher, but his glass chin is a bit much. Nog will ko him quickly.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman MA Labs 2
Supplements 17
Anabolics 14
Anabolics 0
VolcomX311 MMA 1