Best half guard sweeps

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
My favorite is one you setup with two hooks. One hook is with your arm, the other with your foot.

If you're in half guard and your back is flat, free your arms and press your forearm (blade) against their neck so they raise up slightly. This allows you to turn into them.

Next, use your legs to "stretch their far leg a bit, just far enough so your can underhook under their knee with your far leg.

Underhook their near leg with your arm(under the knee) and pull your self as close as possible, to the side. Wrap your free arm under there arm and around there back.

Finally, start by lifting there leg you hooked with your foot under their knee straight up, and begin to sit up while scooping their leg "over" you to the other side. At the same time pull down with the arm you have wrapped partially around them (alternatively you could just push them up with the blade). As you sit up and pull, they will be swept to your other side on their back, and your in side control.

List some more.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Fine then... bjj noobs... :aargh:

Kegger

Awards
not just a sweep, but a sweep into a knee bar. Trying to explain this by typing it is impossible. Helio Seneca taught me this one.:woohoo:

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
not just a sweep, but a sweep into a knee bar. Trying to explain this by typing it is impossible. Helio Seneca taught me this one.:woohoo:

I think I've seen this before.

Try if you will, to explain it.

Nemesis RR

Awards
I just keep it simple. I keep moving to my side. When they weight the outside knee I open letting them almost pass and just kick the knee away flattening them out.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I just keep it simple. I keep moving to my side. When they weight the outside knee I open letting them almost pass and just kick the knee away flattening them out.

I have no idea what that means, lol.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If the underhook isn't available, which should always be the goal, then it depends what side they are on. If it's my left, I move to scissors half-guard and do the push-pull sweep with my feet (push one foot on the hip, pull their heel with the other foot). Right side is very uncomfortable, so I don't have much game there.

size

Awards
  • Established
Get Marcelo Garcia's new book, The X Guard. It is one of the best jj books I have ever seen. If you do not know who Garcia is, then do a quite youtube search to see his amazing talents.

The book has pictures from different angles for a huge number of techniques including alot from the xguard. Extremely useful book for learning and perfecting techniques.

Orth59

Orth59

Awards
Ill have to give it a try...I probably have done it already ill check out garcia and see. You guys do any grappling tournaments. I have one comming up on the 17th of this month.:)

Orth59

Orth59

Awards
radja what kind of sups in your opinion are best or benefit you most for mma?

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
radja what kind of sups in your opinion are best or benefit you most for mma?

Creatine, Beta Alanine, Ephedrine, or another stim like Geranamine, and Caffeine. Also Anabolic Pump when consuming carbs before / after practice.