1 Shinya Aoki over Gesias Calvancante Decision (Unanimous) 2 5:00
2 Taiei Kin over Ikuhisa Minowa Decision (Unanimous) 2 5:00
3 Dong Sik Yoon over Shungo Oyama Decision (Unanimous) 2 5:00
4 Zelg Galesic over Magomed Sultanakhmedov Submission (Armbar) 1 1:40
5 Ronaldo Souza over Ian Murphy Submission (Rear Naked Choke) 1 3:38
6 Kiyoshi Tamura over Masakatsu Funaki TKO (Punches) 1 0:57
7 Gegard Mousasi over Denis Kang Submission (Triangle Choke) 1 3:10
8 Kazushi Sakuraba over Andrews Nakahara Submission (Neck Crank) 1 8:20

How did Kang's bjj black belt ass get triangled by Mousasi? Kang's been a big disappointment. I'm surprised Aoki took it to JZ as well.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Kang is overrated, sorry Rodja. Although Mousasi is no joke and this shouldn't be much of a surprise. Glad Aoki won, I was pulling for him, but didn't think he'd be able to pull it out. Not sure why they only had 7 fights in the tourny, but I hope Akiyama fights in the next round.

Akiyama vs Sakuraba>>kill any doubt
Mousasi vs Tamura
Tai Kin vs Galesic
Jacare vs Sik Dong

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
No attempt to escape. It was very Aleksanderesque.

Man, Aoki really barnacled JZ. He's a handful. I'm not sure why JZ didn't try to keep it standing more.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
2nd round matches for LW tourney:

Whether Aoki-Nagata occurs in two weeks or not, the remainder of May's second round tournament matches are set. Dream announced on Wednesday that Tatsuya Kawajiri (Pictures) will face "Buscape" Luiz Firmino (Pictures), while stablemate Mitsuhiro Ishida (Pictures) takes on second round seed, Caol Uno (Pictures). First round standouts Eddie Alvarez (Pictures) and Joachim Hansen (Pictures) will also meet in what promises to be an exciting matchup.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Apparently Aoki is injured and JZ will take his place.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is on my satellite tonight, which I am starting to be really pleased with.

HDNet has been broadcasting Dream events 2-3 days after the broadcast date - it's been nice.

Couple that with the Fight Network broadcasting EliteXC events (Shamrock/Le) and I'm set up for MMA.

Do you guys get HDNet in the states?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'm a bit jealous. Their are several providers of HDnet in the states, unfortunately for me Comcast isn't one of them. I'm thinking about getting DirectTV mainly for HDnet. I have Showtime which shows EliteXC events, but HDnet is amazing. I know they show Dream, HDnet fights, old events, IFL, Inside MMA show, what else?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's awesome, actually. They've broadcasted several large events (Dream 1/2, HMC vs Fedor) as well as quite a few smaller orgs. Plus, Bas on Inside MMA is awesome.

MMABoxing

Awards
1 Shinya Aoki over Gesias Calvancante Decision (Unanimous) 2 5:00
2 Taiei Kin over Ikuhisa Minowa Decision (Unanimous) 2 5:00
3 Dong Sik Yoon over Shungo Oyama Decision (Unanimous) 2 5:00
4 Zelg Galesic over Magomed Sultanakhmedov Submission (Armbar) 1 1:40
5 Ronaldo Souza over Ian Murphy Submission (Rear Naked Choke) 1 3:38
6 Kiyoshi Tamura over Masakatsu Funaki TKO (Punches) 1 0:57
7 Gegard Mousasi over Denis Kang Submission (Triangle Choke) 1 3:10
8 Kazushi Sakuraba over Andrews Nakahara Submission (Neck Crank) 1 8:20

How did Kang's bjj black belt ass get triangled by Mousasi? Kang's been a big disappointment. I'm surprised Aoki took it to JZ as well.

I think that fight was fixed Just watched another replay. he went strait into it. My lil bro wouldn't even do something that stupid lol/

***have you guys heard Shinya Aoki might be out because of an Injury. JZ back in almost. And Kazhushi Sakuraba is out also because of injury....Maybe they might bring Denis Kang back.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Here's what Mousasi says about the sub:

Sherdog.com: Many fans who saw the fight claim that Kang jumped right into the triangle choke and made it far too easy for you. What do you reply to those critics?
Mousasi: They should watch the fight again. When he stood up out of my guard, I kicked him a couple times and that made him want to come down again. I then grabbed one of his feet and pulled on it, which took a little bit of his balance away. Then he wanted to strike me with those hammer fists, but if you watch closely, you will see that I dodged those punches before securing the triangle choke. I also kept his hand in control, so he wouldn't be able to pull it out.

I hadn't heard that about Saku. So aren't Mayhem and Manhoef fighting (not againsts each other) to get into the next round of the MW tourney at Dream 3?

MMABoxing

Awards
those would be Superfights. Ralek Gracie was complaining about the money. he said he will only fight in the tourny if money was rite...it wasent so he demanded a Superfight which he now has because of his name. If you want a source I can try and dig it up.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Naw no source needed. I think I heard something about that. Who is the 8th person in the MW tourney? There are 7 from last time or 6 if Saku is out....

MMABoxing

Awards
wow i just noticed Ralek isent in there. thats wierd.