Chuck injured, out of UFC 85

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell has been taken off of the card for UFC 85 scheduled to take place in London on June 7, MMARated.com is reporting.

The UFC has yet to issue an official statement.

Liddell had been scheduled to fight Rashad Evans. Evans is also expected to be removed from the card with the bout against Liddell likely to be re-scheduled for later in the summer.

Liddell had originally been scheduled to fight Mauricio “Shogun” Rua on the card, but Evans was tapped as a replacement after Rua was forced to bow out after aggravating a knee injury.

There is no word if a replacement main event will be added to the UFC 85 lineup. A heavyweight title eliminator between Brandon Vera and Fabricio Werdum is currently the highest profile match that’s still scheduled.

According to the Wrestling Observer, the event, scheduled for the O2 Arena, has sold over 10,000 tickets, making it very unlikely that the event will be re-scheduled entirely.

It will be interesting to see if the show remains scheduled for pay-per-view, as drawing a strong buyrate could be difficult without a legitimate main event. UFC 85 will also be taking place just two weeks after UFC 84, which already an obstacle in regards to drawing a strong buyrate.

Five Ounces of Pain | Report: Liddell injured; UFC 85 main event cancelled

Is this going to be another Rashad vs Evans type event? I hope not.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Dude this is like the 7th time this has been posted.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
How are you gonna post a bomb pic for that. I'm 99% sure he's making fun of Swank.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Am I giving Norris way too much credit?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I don't remember him posting much during the height of Swankdom.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You can never give me credit enough.

I hope this means Chuck will fight at the Target Center in Minneapolis. I can see Chuck, Lesnar, Coleman, Sherk. All we need now is Hughes and all the other UFC all-American poster boys and I will be happy. I'm going to the event for sure.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
You can never give me credit enough.

I hope this means Chuck will fight at the Target Center in Minneapolis. I can see Chuck, Lesnar, Coleman, Sherk. All we need now is Hughes and all the other UFC all-American poster boys and I will be happy. I'm going to the event for sure.
Why are you so into these all-american fighters? Why do you give a sh*t where someone's from?
"
You mom's been posted 7 times," good lord Norris.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Why are you so into these all-american fighters? Why do you give a sh*t where someone's from?
"
You mom's been posted 7 times," good lord Norris.
Someone doesnt understand self deprecating humor. Get the sand out of your clit and lighten up.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, all-American boys and Filho :blink: :think:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Don't be so insensitive, Filho was dealing with a lot, Norris was nice enough to get a non american's back.

Norris would it be possible for you to come with some new material? Sand in the clit/vaginosos jokes are getting old.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Don't be so insensitive, Filho was dealing with a lot, Norris was nice enough to get a non american's back.

Norris would it be possible for you to come with some new material? Sand in the clit/vaginosos jokes are getting old.
Whats the matter does your labia hurt?:rasp:

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established

No he had a chemical imbalance, or reportedly. Maybe he did just catch a case of GSP though and was just faking it and being a puss, I dont know. More likely though is his lack of steroids threw him into a depression.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
No he had a chemical imbalance, or reportedly. Maybe he did just catch a case of GSP though and was just faking it and being a puss, I dont know. More likely though is his lack of steroids threw him into a depression.
That seems like the most reasonable conclusion to me.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
My friend tore his hamstring and it bruised up like that too. I think it took him like 6 months to heal so I don't see Chuck fighting again until Oct. at earliest. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I heard Filho's stay in rehab was paid for by Brazil's universal health care system.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like it might hurt a little. At his age he really can't afford too many injuries. Anyone know how long he'll be out?
That hurts so much, it's unfathomable. I know you hate it when I bring it up, but picture that, except all over my back, and that was me right after my accident. If the impact/change of force is severe enough, the muscle cells can serrate themselves upon each other, like little knives. They become so tense so immediately that they shear each other apart, and bleeding pressurizes to the surface hence that disgusting bruise.

It takes a very long time before it is completely healed, but I wouldn't go as far as to say 6 months. 4 is a relatively fair estimate, this all depending on how much Chuck dedicates himself to recovery.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
That hurts so much, it's unfathomable. I know you hate it when I bring it up, but picture that, except all over my back, and that was me right after my accident. If the impact/change of force is severe enough, the muscle cells can serrate themselves upon each other, like little knives. They become so tense so immediately that they shear each other apart, and bleeding pressurizes to the surface hence that disgusting bruise.

It takes a very long time before it is completely healed, but I wouldn't go as far as to say 6 months. 4 is a relatively fair estimate, this all depending on how much Chuck dedicates himself to recovery.
I don't hate it when you bring that up, it's interesting to me. And obviously I was kidding about it looking like it hurt a little, it looks incredibly painfull. Chuck is gonna be loving the painkillers though. I hope he can come back just as strong, dude is getting old.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't hate it when you bring that up, it's interesting to me. And obviously I was kidding about it looking like it hurt a little, it looks incredibly painfull. Chuck is gonna be loving the painkillers though. I hope he can come back just as strong, dude is getting old.
He could reasonably fight in October. I was DL'ing heavy again approximately 12 to 16 weeks after. And the quadratus lumborum is an erector muscle that controls all core movement and posture:

QL.jpg

My entire back was soft and black and blue, and it was a brutal experience sitting up, laying down, standing, walking, peeing, and so on. I'm not sure if Chuck is dedicated enough to training to overcome an injury like that, though. If this was Sherk, or Hughes, even that jerk off Tito, or GSP, I'd be more optimistic about him fighting before October.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Fvck, I bet turning your head even hurt like a b*tch, that sh*t had to suck. With my ankle break I experienced no pain at all, but just a huge inconvenience of not being able to walk for 3.5 months. I don't think people realize how annoying that is until they go through it. I can finally walk and did some squats with 95# yesterday, look out.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If its Irvin, they will need something else on that card, or else it is aweak as hell

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Irvin will most likely get tooled by Rashad, unfortunately. They definitely need to add another big fight to this card.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I take that back. I just looked at the rumored card on mmaweekly, and it looks incredible. Their isn't a real main event, but the rumored card has at least 6 great match-ups.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree it has solid fights (lookign forward to Werdum v. Vera) but they need a drawing card for their posters

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
If check gets on HGH and heavy doses of localized IGF-1 LR3 into the muscle... could be 3 months instead of 6.

Anyways this is just an excuse to give him a title shot without fighting Rashad.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He could reasonably fight in October. I was DL'ing heavy again approximately 12 to 16 weeks after. And the quadratus lumborum is an erector muscle that controls all core movement and posture:

View attachment 21079

My entire back was soft and black and blue, and it was a brutal experience sitting up, laying down, standing, walking, peeing, and so on. I'm not sure if Chuck is dedicated enough to training to overcome an injury like that, though. If this was Sherk, or Hughes, even that jerk off Tito, or GSP, I'd be more optimistic about him fighting before October.
Congrats on fighting your way back up to heavy deads post-severe back injury. I think I might have re-aggravated my slip disc, but nothing too detrimental yet.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I guess so. I haven't actually read a thread there in years.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does anyone here think Irvin stands a chance?

KurtisWicked

KurtisWicked

Awards
Pulling for Irvin. He's a cool dude. Its nice to see local guys doing well. (Irvin, Urijah, Diaz Bros.)

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Pulling for Irvin. He's a cool dude. Its nice to see local guys doing well. (Irvin, Urijah, Diaz Bros.)

I don't like nate diaz. He talks like a retard, and probably has the IQ of one. So what if his athletic intelligence allows him to absorb MMA knowledge, mostly because of ties from his brother, and lanky ass limbs.