UFC 83 Thread

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
That crowd blew my mind, unbelievable. The card was so so, but I enjoyed the event. Couldn't believe how pathetically Starnes fought, but Quarry brought it, giving the Canadian fans another chance to show their intelligence. Franklin looked really good. I wouldn't mind seeing Franklin/Bisping next. GSP is just a freak. The fight went almost exactly how I had it in my mind. Now pay up, Mouth.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
GSP fought one of the more intelligent matches I have seen; he's beat guys down worse, but that was one of his most dominating fights.

He passed Serra's JJ easily, controlled his posture, and never gave him an ounce of hope.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yup. Incredibly smart fight by GSP.

Sorry, but I still can't get over how awesome the crowd was. They displayed their knowledge throughout the night. The best might have been when they were booing for Starnes and cheering for Quarry during the decision, on cue as the camera switched from fighter to fighter. These people love the sport, I wish the US fans could represent half as well.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're an MMA Encyclopedia, so you must have seen TKO (GSP's former organization). MMA is pretty established in Quebec, and the fans really showed it.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a good one, but I couldn't catch it. My basic cable and 286 computer make catching these hard. Lol at your new AMspace bro Vanavich.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I was watching TKO before it was TKO, used to be UCC. I knew Canadian fans were the sh*t back then, but I had no clue they were that great. I guess part of it might be that it was the first UFC event in Canada, and it had build up and what not, but still, they were incredible.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I've seen mega-old UCC events as well.

I was going to say, I wonder if they'll be as crazy for the next event? I can't believe how good of an event that would have been with a better card; the fans really, really added to the atmosphere of the event. It made me feel like I was watching something epic.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I've seen mega-old UCC events as well.

I was going to say, I wonder if they'll be as crazy for the next event? I can't believe how good of an event that would have been with a better card; the fans really, really added to the atmosphere of the event. It made me feel like I was watching something epic.
Definitely, their energy came into my living room/dungeon. I don't see them letting up, can't wait for the next event in Canada, specifically Quebec. Agreed 100% on the crowd making it seem epic.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
I'm canadian and the whole canadian theme was dumb. If it's in vegas, toronto, montreal... who cares. The fighter nate faught from vancouver or something was such a fag@t, glad everyone booed his a$$. I was gonna go to the GSP after party but it was in some french resto, screw that.

ps: A lot of fighters were out of shape!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Dude, I would most likely murder you in under 10 secs, but thats beside the point. You don't even know which fighter is which or why we are praising the crowd. Don't come in here with an attitude when you're clueless, it shows stupidity and arrogance, we don't like that.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol, Did this dude actually say "f@ggot"? Who is this guy? CNorris' retarded Canadian half-brother?

Anyways, Big John is on a post-fight show with the Fight Network Alex. Dude's a natural on camera.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Dude, I would most likely murder you in under 10 secs, but thats beside the point. You don't even know which fighter is which or why we are praising the crowd. Don't come in here with an attitude when you're clueless, it shows stupidity and arrogance, we don't like that.
Your assumption and grow up. In under 10 seconds? Tough guy on the internet :rofl: . Hey when you have something smart to say I'll listen.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
lol, Did this dude actually say "f@ggot"? Who is this guy? CNorris' retarded Canadian half-brother?

Anyways, Big John is on a post-fight show with the Fight Network Alex. Dude's a natural on camera.
With a name like Mullet I ain't gonna take you seriously redneck.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Your assumption and grow up. In under 10 seconds? Tough guy on the internet :rofl: . Hey when you have something smart to say I'll listen.
Anyone with any intelligence that reads this thread knows you have down syndrome, congrats.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Anyone with any intelligence that reads this thread knows you have down syndrome, congrats.
Anyone with intelligence will read that you just said you'll beat another 'internet user' in 10 seconds. Lol. I gave my opinion about a fighter. This is a forum which is all about opinions.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a good one, but I couldn't catch it. My basic cable and 286 computer make catching these hard. Lol at your new AMspace bro Vanavich.
Bummer. Why didn't you watch it on that awesome site that Norris directed you to. My AMspace is just impressive in general.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
With a name like Mullet I ain't gonna take you seriously redneck.
Hah! "I ain't gonna take you seriously redneck".

i·ro·ny (ī'rə-nē, ī'ər-) Pronunciation Key
n. pl. i·ro·nies

An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Anyone with intelligence will read that you just said you'll beat another 'internet user' in 10 seconds. Lol. I gave my opinion about a fighter. This is a forum which is all about opinions.
Conversing with you is a really pointless. You said "are you gonna make me", so clearly you started the tough guy talk, and yes it is annoying when some ignorant punk starts talking sh*t making absolutely no sense. You said that guy Nate was a b*tch, wrong fighter dude, the guys name is Kalib Starnes. Then you're incapable of understanding why we appreciated the crowd and you ran your mouth. I did lose a few IQ points by stooping to your level and saying I would kick your a$$, that's the only thing you've said that makes sense.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Hah! "I ain't gonna take you seriously redneck".

i·ro·ny (ī'rə-nē, ī'ər-) Pronunciation Key
n. pl. i·ro·nies

An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
Wow now you're trying to correct my pronunciation English teacher? Lame...

Look at you guys, I make a comment and you freak out. Kalib was a fag for running away from the entire fight. He wasn't even trying to push. I'm allowed to come on here and express my frustration with his performance. The event was amazing. This is, after all, a UFC thread where we share our thoughts.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Conversing with you is a really pointless. You said "are you gonna make me", so clearly you started the tough guy talk, and yes it is annoying when some ignorant punk starts talking sh*t making absolutely no sense. You said that guy Nate was a b*tch, wrong fighter dude, the guys name is Kalib Starnes. Then you're incapable of understanding why we appreciated the crowd and you ran your mouth. I did lose a few IQ points by stooping to your level and saying I would kick your a$$, that's the only thing you've said that makes sense.
Re-read my post. Maybe I posted too fast. I said the fighter Nate fought was a fag.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beat it with the homophobia and disparaging remarks, douchebag. I'm not sure how constantly dodging punches means he has sex with other men?

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Beat it with the homophobia and disparaging remarks, douchebag. I'm not sure how constantly dodging punches means he has sex with other men?
You're the one with a half naked picture on a pro-guy forum calling me gay? You guys are morons. You clearly can't read my post, then try and make it into something to start a fight. I can understand your testosterone is rising post fight and have to act all tough, lol but don't do it on the internet.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
I love how you're changing your tune.
No change here, you're an idiot who read my post wrong. Step out of the cocky, arrogant mind frame and read properly, you wont make yourself look like an idiot. I love how you try to act superior by saying you can kick my ass in 10 seconds, very mature loser.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're the one with a half naked picture on a pro-guy forum calling me gay? You guys are morons. You clearly can't read my post, then try and make it into something to start a fight. I can understand your testosterone is rising post fight and have to act all tough, lol but don't do it on the internet.
How did you get out of your cage this morning, you moron?

Homophobia means:

unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality.

Haha, **** this guy's a moron. :lol:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Why the fvck am I even listening to this ignorant moron?

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
'm not sure how constantly dodging punches means he has sex with other men?
Again read slowly buddy, I was referring to this line. lol I'm gonna go to bed, you guys are just idiots looking for a thread fight.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Why the fvck am I even listening to this ignorant moron?
You started dumb ass, read the entire thread and you'll see 'you' were the one who's wrong all because you don't know how to read.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
No change here, you're an idiot who read my post wrong. Step out of the cocky, arrogant mind frame and read properly, you wont make yourself look like an idiot. I love how you try to act superior by saying you can kick my ass in 10 seconds, very mature loser.
So you're just gonna not acknowledge that you said "you gonna make me", before I said anything? You came in with an attitude, saying the canadian theme was stupid. You missed the point, no one gives a sh*t about some canadian theme you made up. Whatever country you're in they're going to root for their countries fighters, even Norris knows that. I was saying that the crowd had incredible MMA knowlege based on their reactions. You clearly weren't capable of identifying that. Just stop dude, you're annoying as hell.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Vanavich and Mullet, you guys are idiots. The dude was just sharing his opinion, and you jump all over him. Stop being pretentious MMA snobs, you phags.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This guy clearly knows more than you Alex. You want to go down on every single man and woman in that entire crowd, right after you bend over for GSP.

MisterEZE

Awards
  • Established
This guy clearly knows more than you Alex. You want to go down on every single man and woman in that entire crowd, right after you bend over for GSP.
whoah...manbearpig is real...im super super cerial right now.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
:goodpost:

Alex'S moM probablY needS kneE padS. :run:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
OK.. I have seen mods ban people over less. You all are fighting for what? Everyone has a personal opinion, and thats fine. When another person insults him that is against board rules. I really want to see a mod's stand point here. Grow up!

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
I just watched the GSP match on daily motion. I want to make a few comments about that fight.

First off Canada has great fans, prob the best that I have seen yet.

Where was Joe Rogan? Can the UFC please get rid of Goldie?:rofl:

GSP looked awesome as usual. The kid is unreal, he beat Matt on the ground with great wrestling. Matt to me didn't look like he really wanted to fight, I kinda that impression with GSP in their first fight. I honestly think if GSP would have came in focused in the first one he would have won that, not to take anything away from Matt Serra.

Why don't more guys use knees to the body while on the ground? I have always wondered that and thought it would be a great move for guys to use. I have seen so many guys have the chance to do it but pass trying to get better position.

GSP is the best WW and will go down as the best ever, that hurts to say cause I am huge Hughes fan but also a big GSP fan. He is fun to watch, an exciting, very very skilled fighter and his cardio is always great.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
OK.. I have seen mods ban people over less. You all are fighting for what? Everyone has a personal opinion, and thats fine. When another person insults him that is against board rules. I really want to see a mod's stand point here. Grow up!
Im glad someone else pointed this out before i did. Good post trip.

Look, im not gonna point out the individuals here that constantly act as if they own the MMA forum and continuously bash people left and right for the slightest things, they know who they are.

The MMA threads always take the same route, with off topic discussions used as chatrooms, namecalling, and just ganging up on another poster who isnt in the "brotherhood". Im just tired of it, its not conducive to the community, just a small group of people that find it funny.

Come on guys, i dont have a grudge towards you and i actually like bullsh1tting with you guys from time to time but sometimes, (this thread being a good example) it gets out of hand. Someone needs to step in and have some sort of control here imo.

So do i get flamed now?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
basically i wanted to discuss this event but walked into a e-fight....

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok guys lets get back to the show at hand. No one at 170 is beating GSP, no one is in his league, I am impressed that Serra lasted as long as he did.
Also, I was impressed with Bisping and think this is a great home for him, however Silva is not a reality for him or anyone else yet.
Starnes is done in the UFC

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Good Fight last night! GSP and Silva are setting a new standard in MMA.

What's predictions for the next UFC Penn VS Sherk! I always go with the underdog unless he totally sucks. I say Sherk!!

What give with all this begging for this pudgy guy named Fedor?? Kidding! Has he fought anyone of substance?
I don't think so! I think he's avoiding the UFC because he knows he'll be found to be all Hype like Kimbo Slice!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
For everybody crying right now: sorry. I was hammered, I apologize, now get over it. :)

As for GSP, he's lights out at 170. As I said, Serra could not contend on any level. I thought it was funny KenFlo gave Serra the strength advantage, only to be overwhelmed by GSP at every corner.

I watched the fight again, and I honestly think that was GSP's most dominating performance, and shows his maturity as a fighter. As I said, his last three fights have been his most technically sound.

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
Did any of you notice how yahoo took over the live feed, and this morning all of the places to watch the fights have had them pulled?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
GSP will not be challeneged at 170 any time soon. I think the only option for Dana is the superfight with Anderson, maybe at a catch weight of 177 (trying to lay it right down the middle)

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I was pretty clearly messing around with the Swank "knee pads" reference and ridiculous capitalization scheme.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
GSP will not be challeneged at 170 any time soon. I think the only option for Dana is the superfight with Anderson, maybe at a catch weight of 177 (trying to lay it right down the middle)
GSP will need to destroy Fitch, and possibly Serra again before. However, I don't see a rubber match with Serra and GSP. That fight wasn't even competitive.

I don't like to get ahead of myself, but I feel that GSP would be the strongest wrestler Silva has faced. Yes, I feel that GSP's wrestling skills are more apt to MMA than Hendo. The way GSP has absolutely run through every wrestler he has faced, and the massive strength and explosiveness the dude has is incredible. As 'KenFlo' said, he has 80% success rate for takedowns - that's insane.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Good Fight last night! GSP and Silva are setting a new standard in MMA.

What's predictions for the next UFC Penn VS Sherk! I always go with the underdog unless he totally sucks. I say Sherk!!

What give with all this begging for this pudgy guy named Fedor?? Kidding! Has he fought anyone of substance?
I don't think so! I think he's avoiding the UFC because he knows he'll be found to be all Hype like Kimbo Slice!
Do you count beating the current UFC HW champ 2 times substantial victories?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MMA 13
MMA 28
MMA 17
dynomite MMA 21
Mulletsoldier MMA 25