Liddell versus Rampage 3

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone really want to see this? Dana White claims "Everyone wants to see this match, man."

Discuss

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I'm not too interested in it for a while. I'd like to see Chuck beat about 3 more solid contenders before getting another crack at the title. I think Machida, Thiago, and Jardine if he beats Wand have way more of a claim to a title shot than Chuck, but Chuck's a bigger draw.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
i would at least like him to fight jardine first.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chunk the poster boy Liddell will fight whoever he wants, whenever he wants in the UF of C and in all honesty, I would be really interested in watching if it ocurred, but solely because I'd be concerned for Rampage getting another win, not because that particular match up gets me fired up. I don't even like Chunk Liddell, I never did. I was amped out my brain when Page beat him and I was pissed when Chunk beat Wandy.

I agree with everybody that Chunk should go through some credentialing fights before he gets another shot against Page.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'm not too interested in it for a while. I'd like to see Chuck beat about 3 more solid contenders before getting another crack at the title. I think Machida, Thiago, and Jardine if he beats Wand have way more of a claim to a title shot than Chuck, but Chuck's a bigger draw.
Thiago? What has he done? I'd like to see Machida/Rampage is they both win their next matches, and a Chuck/Jardine re-match if they both win their next matches. Then maybe Chuck/Rampage if they have both won their last 2 fights. It's certainly a fight I'd like to see, as the second fight was so quick.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't mind seeing it if they could reproduce their first fight.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Thiago? What has he done? I'd like to see Machida/Rampage is they both win their next matches, and a Chuck/Jardine re-match if they both win their next matches. Then maybe Chuck/Rampage if they have both won their last 2 fights. It's certainly a fight I'd like to see, as the second fight was so quick.
He's won 4 fights in the UFC and a legit Nebraksan contender in Houston. Whereas Chuck just came off of 2 losses with a nice win over Wand. I see your point, though.

Not sure if everyone knows this, but Alex makes those youtube cartoons in his free time. Pretty cool, huh :blink:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
He's won 4 fights in the UFC and a legit Nebraksan contender in Houston. Whereas Chuck just came off of 2 losses with a nice win over Wand. I see your point, though.

Not sure if everyone knows this, but Alex makes those youtube cartoons in his free time. Pretty cool, huh :blink:
I also put together this gem

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Chuck/Page 3 is about the last match up I wanna see. If you think it will be competitive you are a tard.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
If Machida beats Jacob then he should definitely get the winner of Forrest/Rampage.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I must be a tard, because I could easily see that being a competitive fight.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think once Machida beats Tito and Rampage beats Forrest, I think that should be the next match. However, if Jardine some how beats Wandy then all bets are off at 205

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
I personally don't care to see this fight, along with the majority of hardcore fans. However, the average UFC couch dweller wants to see it, as Chuck is still the most recognizable face in American MMA.

KurtisWicked

KurtisWicked

Awards
I guess the fight makes sense. Page has already beat Chuck by decision and KO. Now all he has to do is sub him lol.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I guess the fight makes sense. Page has already beat Chuck by decision and KO. Now all he has to do is sub him lol.
Actually the first fight he TKO'd him, corner threw in the towel and the second was also a KO.

Not sure the thought process behind thinking a 3rd fight wouldn't be competitive. Seems people believe Page would be a favorite against Wand in a 3rd fight even though he's been brutalized by Wand twice, but Liddell has no chance against Page who beat him twice. Liddell was injured in the first fight and the second was a flash KO. I'm a Rampage fan but I'm well aware that Liddell could give him a run for his money.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Actually the first fight he TKO'd him, corner threw in the towel and the second was also a KO.

Not sure the thought process behind thinking a 3rd fight wouldn't be competitive. Seems people believe Page would be a favorite against Wand in a 3rd fight even though he's been brutalized by Wand twice, but Liddell has no chance against Page who beat him twice. Liddell was injured in the first fight and the second was a flash KO. I'm a Rampage fan but I'm well aware that Liddell could give him a run for his money.
Liddell definitely looked off in their first fight. His footwork looked pretty bad, but he has improved upon it a lot. Page caught him with a lot of looping overhand punches as I recall too. I could see Liddell making it competitive for sure and with his power, he could potentially KO Jackson. I'd favor Page though. I think he's better technically striking and may have the better chin by a little.

Wand brutalized Page towards the end of each, but those were both fairly close fights for most of the time. Wand hasn't used his knees much in years so are they still that good? Also, Wand seems to be on the way down whereas Jackson is with a real training camp these days. I'd go Page, although this wasn't really your point.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
The odd's are that Liddell will eventually catch Rampage if he keeps getting unlimited reamatches...

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established

Rampage has improved since the last silva fight, and at 29, he is currently in his prime. Silva has declined quite a bit since then and is now punch drunk. How has Chuck improved at all since the last fight with Rampage?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Please dont be so noobish.
What the fvck are you talking about lately? You've been making terrible posts in this thread so maybe you should stay out of it.

Chuck did something stupid in the last fight by trying to sneak in with a bodyshot (something Hackleman told him never to do) and got flash KOed. It was an unsatisfactory end to what could have been a good fight. No one wants to see it immediately, but eventually it's a solid fight. I think that's what Alex is saying.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
What the fvck are you talking about lately? You've been making terrible posts in this thread so maybe you should stay out of it.

Chuck did something stupid in the last fight by trying to sneak in with a bodyshot (something Hackleman told him never to do) and got flash KOed. It was an unsatisfactory end to what could have been a good fight. No one wants to see it immediately, but eventually it's a solid fight. I think that's what Alex is saying.
Eventually? When Chuck is 45? He's already 38, his clock is ticking. Rampage just has his number, thats all im saying. Chuck knows it as well, watch the staredown in the second fight. As far as the noobish comment, Jacob is Tito's real name, I thought most people knew that. Didnt mean to hurt your feelings.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Eventually? When Chuck is 45? He's already 38, his clock is ticking. Rampage just has his number, thats all im saying. Chuck knows it as well, watch the staredown in the second fight. As far as the noobish comment, Jacob is Tito's real name, I thought most people knew that. Didnt mean to hurt your feelings.
I can guarantee that you didn't hurt his feelings, just annoyed him. We could go back and forth making a million different points, but I don't think it's outlandish to think that Chuck could give Page a good fight and even win.

I've also been following MMA closely for well over 10 years and have never heard that Tito's real name is Jacob. Tito's just a nickname or middle name?

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Ya Tito is just his nickname. One of his many attempts to appear more Mexican than he really is. As far as Chuck/Rampage 3 goes, we will just have to agree to disagree.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Oh ok. I'm not sure we entirely disagree. I still would pick Page to win, but I think it would be a good fight. I guess you think Page would be sure to demolish him though.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Ya. But not as sure as I am about GSP killing serra in about 2 hours.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
You're an excellent fan, Jas, that is definitely my best work. That vid is awesome and horrible for so many reasons.

ugab37

ugab37

Applied Nutriceuticals Rep.
Awards
  • Established
I would definately watch a 3rd fight, but it wouldnt be something Id be real interested in. I think Rampage is a horrible style matchup for Chuck. He's a very technical standup fighter and he actually keeps his hands up. A guy, with a ton of power, that wont leave himself open for the big knockout shot, is Chuck's worst nightmare. I dont think the overall gap between the 2 fighters is that big, but I think Rampage beats Chuck every time they face each other. Also, Chuck is on the decline and Rampage is in his prime.

PS: Forrest will beat Rampage, so you should all factor that into your future matchups.
(For the record, I dont THINK Forrest will win, but I really want to see him pull it off. As I've stated several times, I've actually trained with Forrest back before he was on TUF show and he's just a cool guy and my favorite fighter.)

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I would definately watch a 3rd fight, but it wouldnt be something Id be real interested in. I think Rampage is a horrible style matchup for Chuck. He's a very technical standup fighter and he actually keeps his hands up. A guy, with a ton of power, that wont leave himself open for the big knockout shot, is Chuck's worst nightmare. I dont think the overall gap between the 2 fighters is that big, but I think Rampage beats Chuck every time they face each other. Also, Chuck is on the decline and Rampage is in his prime.

PS: Forrest will beat Rampage, so you should all factor that into your future matchups.
(For the record, I dont THINK Forrest will win, but I really want to see him pull it off. As I've stated several times, I've actually trained with Forrest back before he was on TUF show and he's just a cool guy and my favorite fighter.)
Forrest is definitely a really cool dude. I don't see him beating Page, but stranger sh*t has happened. This season of TUF should just get better and better. 2 of the best personalities in MMA, IMO.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Along with the fat already being trimmed from the show.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I want to see the fight because the 2nd fight was a shame for all MMA fans. A quick flash KO in one of the best potential fights of the year. If that flash KO had come later in the I'd say Chuck doesnt deserve a shot so quick.

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
chuck's out of his next fight with a torn hamstring, the picture looks pretty bad, no bs he's hurt.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rampage is hilarious on this seasons TUF. I kind of like how they picked two coaches who don't already hate each other, they're both pretty chill. It's a much more positive vibe.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Rampage is hilarious on this seasons TUF. I kind of like how they picked two coaches who don't already hate each other, they're both pretty chill. It's a much more positive vibe.
I've heard they kind of get into it later in the season, but who knows what that means, and if it's just hype. They're both definitely really cool dudes. Not a lot of ego going on between the two of them.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I would watch Page vs Chuck 3. Also, as most of you know, Chuck vs Rampage 1 took place in Japan so in reality not a lot of US UFC fans really know about that fight or have really seen it. Also it was a while ago. I don't think Chuck will beat Rampage but to say he can't is ridiculous. This fight WILL happen before Chuck retires though, you can count on it.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbTNBZb7IWk&feature=related"]YouTube - Rampage vs Chuck[/ame]

I'll see fight #3, but I won't pay for it. Chuck needs to get his sh!t together vs. jackson big time....

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would watch Page vs Chuck 3. Also, as most of you know, Chuck vs Rampage 1 took place in Japan so in reality not a lot of US UFC fans really know about that fight or have really seen it. Also it was a while ago. I don't think Chuck will beat Rampage but to say he can't is ridiculous. This fight WILL happen before Chuck retires though, you can count on it.
Doubt it. There are too many other matches for Rampage. He is much more likely to fight Shogun, Machida, or Thiago in the immediate future. Plus, Liddell's hammy injury will take a while to heal.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Doubt it. There are too many other matches for Rampage. He is much more likely to fight Shogun, Machida, or Thiago in the immediate future. Plus, Liddell's hammy injury will take a while to heal.
I will agree that there are plenty of people left for Rampage to fight first. However I gotta think that Dana will try to set up a Chuck vs Rampage fight again. Chuck is the UFC's biggest draw. Rampage is getting extra exposure on TUF, I think he's setting up a fight trying to break PPV records. I say within a year we'll see it. I'd love to see Shogun vs Rampage, Rampage vs Machida....and also Rampage vs Wandy. I know how those 2 turned out in PRIDE but I'd love to see them in the UFC cage.

Either way, I hate when the put the belts on hold for 9+ months b/c of TUF. Rampage could have fought 2x already.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MMA 3
SpargelJanusz MMA 163
MMA 5
holyintellect MMA 3
MMA 21