Biggest threat to BJ at 155?

Status
Not open for further replies.
robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
As we all know, BJ is looking pretty ustoppable at 155. Who is his biggest threat? Sherk? JZ? Aoki? I think JZ would give him the most problems. Call me crazy, but I think Nick Diaz (even though he fights at 160) would give BJ some problems. Any thoughts?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As we all know, BJ is looking pretty ustoppable at 155. Who is his biggest threat? Sherk? JZ? Aoki? I think JZ would give him the most problems. Call me crazy, but I think Nick Diaz (even though he fights at 160) would give BJ some problems. Any thoughts?
I would throw up in my mouth if Nick Diaz ever beat BJ.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Many had the same opinion before Nick fought Gomi. BJ would be a heavy favorite, but stylistically Nick is a bad match up. Nick is aggressive, has a big height advantage, good stand up and good bjj. I still think BJ would win, but it would be an entertaining fight that I would like to see.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Probably Sherk or JZ. Really nobody though. I think Penn would make Diaz look really bad. I like Diaz a lot, but.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
I'd go with SHerk, but JZ is pretty amazing. I don't think you are crazy for liking Diaz to an extent in this fight. He'd be an underdog, but he has the tools to wear BJ down (jaw, cardio, BJJ and a refusal to lose).

tadpolar

Awards
I think penn diaz would be very interesting to watch. Would be a big win for Diaz

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd go with Sherk, he has the wrestling and strength to keep BJ grounded and most likely wouldnt get caught in a sub. If he beats sherk (which I think he will) I dont think anyone beats him anytime in the near future

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
If sherk can avoid a sub, he is going to just out muscle BJ for 5 rounds and win.

Actually, scratch that, BJ's cardio is usually sketchy and sherk's is always great, I would be surprised if this went past 3 rounds.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I think you guys are a little crazy for thinking Diaz could beat Penn. He might last a while if he doesn't get cut, but actually beating Penn, not appenin bruv. Diaz aint subbing Penn and Penn's chin laughs at the thought of Diaz's weak punches.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
His conditioning. His skillset is far above anyone else's and if he's in shape I don't see anyone beating him.

tadpolar

Awards
I wouldnt say Diaz would beat BJ it would just be a great win for him if he did. I would say BJ would be the favorite but I oculd see Daiz winning nonetheless. As mentioned BJ sometimes comes into matches in less than best shape and gets by on his talent on the other hand Diaz is always is great condition that could play a big factor in later rounds. Even if BJ has better overall skills. But your right Diaz does cut easy. I wouldnt say Diaz has a weak punch he just is more of a fighter that has very active hands who is looking for a reaction to throw a power punch. He throws a lot of weak punches at his opponents setting them up. Wouldnt call him a power puncher either but has more power than all those littl epunches he throws.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
I really hope to hell that BJ shows up in shape for the sherk fight, it pains me to think that sherk could win by lnp and just wearing BJ down in the later rounds. What do you guys think about Huerta/BJ?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Burritos. Honestly, if he keeps his weight under control and stays motivated, then I don't see anyone beating him at 155. After the Sherk, Florian, Griffin, Huerta dust has settled, he's more likely to go back to 170, especially if GSP, Serra, or Hughes is champ.

matteoja

Awards
Uriah Faber??? Honestly, he is the most dominant fighter I've ever seed. Of course he is dominating lesser opponents. What will it take to get this guy into the UFC??

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Faber at 155 wont be that dominant and there are not that many 145ers around for him to fight. Maybe Kid would be the fight most would want to see.

Back to the thread, Gomi, Sakurai and the rest would lose to BJ with this big if: he has his cardio down and is motivated.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
if he's motivated throughout his reign and beats sherk there is no one else at 155.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Uriah Faber??? Honestly, he is the most dominant fighter I've ever seed. Of course he is dominating lesser opponents. What will it take to get this guy into the UFC??
Go watch Faber/Griffin. Griffin manhandled him and IMO Griffin is not even top 5 in the UFC.

xtreme1

xtreme1

Awards
On a different note. Fedor will be fighting Tim Silvia on HD-NET. Now that will be fun. Fedor will wrap him up so tight you will be able to fit Silvia in amail box.. What are your thoughts Alexander??????

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
BJ needs to get down to about 10% bodyfat, and then work up to the point where he can do GPP exersizes like towing a weighed sled that weighs as much as Sherk for 5 sets of 5 minutes.

Screw riding a bike or running. Do some damn GPP!

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone seen the recent pics of when Faber went to train w/ BJ? BJ was absolutely DOMINATING him. Pretty sick.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Burritos. Honestly, if he keeps his weight under control and stays motivated, then I don't see anyone beating him at 155. After the Sherk, Florian, Griffin, Huerta dust has settled, he's more likely to go back to 170, especially if GSP, Serra, or Hughes is champ.
You leave burritos out of this. Many people have not seen the BJ/Serra fight. It was very close. Serra was robbed IMO. Notice how whenever BJ speaks about Serra he displays a high opinion of him. Kind of uncharacteristic of BJ.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone seen the recent pics of when Faber went to train w/ BJ? BJ was absolutely DOMINATING him. Pretty sick.
Yeah, I saw a short vid of them grappling and it was a joke. BJ was toying with him. Faber is just a tiny dude, he's not even big for 145, he would be a runt at 155, bad idea.

As far as Penn/Serra the only guy that hasn't seen that fight around here is Jas, he got into MMA or he calls it ultimate fighting, about 6 months ago. Anyways, BJ was performing at about 70% in that fight. Still Serra deserves some credit for drawing with BJ.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I saw a short vid of them grappling and it was a joke. BJ was toying with him. Faber is just a tiny dude, he's not even big for 145, he would be a runt at 155, bad idea.

As far as Penn/Serra the only guy that hasn't seen that fight around here is Jas, he got into MMA or he calls it ultimate fighting, about 6 months ago. Anyways, BJ was performing at about 70% in that fight. Still Serra deserves some credit for drawing with BJ.
i havent seen that full fight either... guess i should youtube.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
That fight was so long ago I don't know how relevant it is to this discussion. Granted both fighters have improved since then so a rematch would be interesting. Especially if Serra manages to tool GSP again.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
That fight was so long ago I don't know how relevant it is to this discussion. Granted both fighters have improved since then so a rematch would be interesting. Especially if Serra manages to tool GSP again.
GSP and Penn would both beat Serra fairly easily at this point. Penn has improved much more than Serra has since their fight. GSP is gonna make Serra look bad. It was a fluke win by Serra. In fact, Serra is lucky he didn't have to fight Hughes, he would've got beaten in that fight. I actually kind of like Serra, but he is not on the same level as GSP or Penn. GSP will prove it in about 10 days.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
GSP and Penn would both beat Serra fairly easily at this point. Penn has improved much more than Serra has since their fight. GSP is gonna make Serra look bad. It was a fluke win by Serra. In fact, Serra is lucky he didn't have to fight Hughes, he would've got beaten in that fight. I actually kind of like Serra, but he is not on the same level as GSP or Penn. GSP will prove it in about 10 days.
True. A happy GSP is scary. An angry GSP is something else.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I kind of like Serra too, but I didn't want to admit it because he seems to be the muscletech of MMA on this board, and I'm already carrying the Kimbo stigma. With that said, GSP is going to make Serra look bad.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established

Hey, I make good threads around here like "Ritchie Hightower will have the belt within one year", "Anderson+Minowa = PWNAGE Minowaman style", "Alexander loves Wang : His tribute to Andy".

Anywho, nice try getting on my good side with a Lee av, but it's not appenin' bruv. You dissed the Lightning one when mentioning Anderson's achievements. Next time you gotta believe.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As a fellow long islander (former anyway) I like Serra, but if GSP is of right mind, the fight is over in 2 minutes

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I kind of like Serra too, but I didn't want to admit it because he seems to be the muscletech of MMA on this board, and I'm already carrying the Kimbo stigma. With that said, GSP is going to make Serra look bad.
We like the same horrible dudes. People give Serra a lot of sh*t, but I can almost guarantee that he's a pretty decent guy and kind of funny. No way is he a straight **** like Hughes. I can see why people would think Serra is a little annoying, but he's not a POS.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Hey, I make good threads around here like "Ritchie Hightower will have the belt within one year", "Anderson+Minowa = PWNAGE Minowaman style", "Alexander loves Wang : His tribute to Andy".

Anywho, nice try getting on my good side with a Lee av, but it's not appenin' bruv. You dissed the Lightning one when mentioning Anderson's achievements. Next time you gotta believe.
Your jokes are starting to really go down the drain. Quit hanging out with Poly and your dork girlfriend so much. I really think you're starting to bring down the level of my jokes:lol:

I was a fan of Lee Murray's when you were still thinking Bruce Lee could beat up anybody, sh*t maybe you still think that:think: I'll tell you what else has headed downhill, my emoticon skills and this fvckin MMA forum. I'm currently on the Navy Seal's program, haven't slept for days, minus the working out, add the vicodin. War Alexander.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Your jokes are starting to really go down the drain. Quit hanging out with Poly and your dork girlfriend so much. I really think you're starting to bring down the level of my jokes:lol:

I was a fan of Lee Murray's when you were still thinking Bruce Lee could beat up anybody, sh*t maybe you still think that:think: I'll tell you what else has headed downhill, my emoticon skills and this fvckin MMA forum. I'm currently on the Navy Seal's program, haven't slept for days, minus the working out, add the vicodin. War Alexander.
Why are you taking vicodin anyway? I got a local anesthetic when I had my wisdom teeth removed and lifted the next day. Quit being a little b!tch. Why are you not sleeping on vicodin? Why are you not getting laid for years at a time? :lol: You're a weird dude seriously, and I no longer believe your lifting numbers without a vid. Your credit is worse than Bear Sterns was a few weeks ago (Start sweating me boys because that financial joke was a killer :head: :think:)

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
once again, another MMA thread taken over by the homosexual love of jas and alexander......where is your third wheel, mullet? he's usually involved with the 'train"

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Now you've done gone and hurt my feelings.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
once again, another MMA thread taken over by the homosexual love of jas and alexander......where is your third wheel, mullet? he's usually involved with the 'train"
Jesus, is Augustine/Vika/PistonPump still posting in here? Our bromance has been blossoming. Stop cockblocking.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Mullet is off conquering the world, one pretentious conversation at a time. Just me and limp d*ck Jas now.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm "training" your Mom to eat from her dish when she's fvcking told.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Jesus, is Augustine/Vika/PistonPump still posting in here? Our bromance has been blossoming. Stop cockblocking.
I thought we were gonna pretend we didn't know it was him? Oh well, what up Aug/Vika/PP?

This is as a good a time as any to come clean. I can bench 315 10 times, on hammer strength decline. I deadlift 455 12 times, on hammer strength shrug machine. I didn't mislead you did I?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I thought we were gonna pretend we didn't know it was him? Oh well, what up Aug/Vika/PP?

This is as a good a time as any to come clean. I can bench 315 10 times, on hammer strength decline. I deadlift 455 12 times, on hammer strength shrug machine. I didn't mislead you did I?
Hammer strength or rack pull from mid thigh would suffice.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'm "training" your Mom to eat from her dish when she's fvcking told.
How the hell are you gonna enter the MMA section once a month, the second your name is mentioned, and then just bomb like that, damn.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok guys i am vika and augustine or whatever, i mean it has to be the same guy there is only one internet connection on the island....

alex, so youre a strong homo. big deal. :D

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How the hell are you gonna enter the MMA section once a month, the second your name is mentioned, and then just bomb like that, damn.
**** you. Panzy-ass Ted Kazinski look-alike contest winner, hopped up on Vicodin and semen telling me my business.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
okay girls i have to go eat some pineapple and climb some coconut trees then im gonna go hang out with vika and pound out some haoles like my fren mauka rothman...

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
okay girls i have to go eat some pineapple and climb some coconut trees then im gonna go hang out with vika and pound out some haoles like my fren mauka rothman...
:lol: That's more like it PP.

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's like a vicious cycle of ineptitude here. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.